• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spells & Systems Mini-Contest #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
-------------------

Mage_Goo

Did you used some third party program? I can't open the map D:

-----------------

well, i use jngp and umswe. but I'm already installed WEU in my pc. are you just can't open it? i'm use no custom script. only this function
JASS:
call IssueTargetOrderById(GetTriggerUnit() , 852274 , GetAttackingUnit())

well, dunno what make it can't be opened. but, i'm can't fix it because I'm have no wc3 in my pc.:sad:

Level 22
Maybe we can find a new theme while we're waiting?
Hmm... Maybe we can have some sort of element to be the theme, like "water", "fire", "wind", "lighting", "earth", "light" or "darkness".

Level 17
probably would be something new ... but I don't see why elemental stuff should be boring :eek:
there are many possibilities left to show your creativity on ... but we may kinda combine it.
E.g. fire combined with channeling or lightning combined with mechanical ... I think there are still ideas you can get

Level 24
@redscores that doesnt sound good...

:D

no i rly dont like those mechanical and such themes

first there is to less material concerning special effects
then i still am unexperienced concerning many areas of triggering

e.g. i dont know how to make dummy missiles...
maybe someone can tell me btw (pm)

i vote for sth where you can find enough ideas and partipiciants since it should be a contest for everybody

elemental is good but still some secondary elemental is better

like lightning (dingo :D) or poison, magma, mist fog ice and so on

and u should specify on a certain element
as for its spring coming i think wind, mist and such would be a very good topic

Level 23
Lightning as theme...

I like redscores idea. Mechanical would be more like a challenge if the material is hard to find. And you could still do any kinds of types, passive/non-passive/target/non-target...

...poison, magma, mist fog ice and so on
Sounds like a diablo-oriented theme:p

Level 12
I would post in the right topic, but I would hate to double post :p

A theme suggestion:
Test - the spell should evaluate or test the target and do something accordingly.
It may test anything, like HP, MP, Attributes, Position(and height), Type of unit, level of ability, ally/enemy and etc.
Example:
Compare targeted hero's attributes, if he(she) is an inteligent one(int>str) deal damage(and something else like ms reduction), else drain mana or something :p

Level 12
machines and etc was first Spells and System Mini Contest.
hm... how about that theme
Theme: Conbination Spells
well this is totally original. The user has to make 2 spells that can be conbined.
For example Naruto(lol) and Sasuke. When Naruto has rasengan and Sasuke has chidori and they attack eachother there will be big boom >.<

Level 17
machines and etc was first Spells and System Mini Contest.
hm... how about that theme
Theme: Conbination Spells
well this is totally original. The user has to make 2 spells that can be conbined.
For example Naruto(lol) and Sasuke. When Naruto has rasengan and Sasuke has chidori and they attack eachother there will be big boom >.<

I was kinda thinking of that to. A good example:
A skill to throw oil all over the target unit what slows it.
Another skill what only can be used on a unit which was targetted by the oil spell. It is a fire spell what incinerates the oiled unit :D
Something like that :)

Level 22
If we have the theme mechanical we can have lightning spells, because lightning fits with mechanical. I vote for any theme that supports lightning spells. I like lightning, MUAHAHAHA.

Level 23
Why not? Because there is a map called Battle-Tanks?
Its just as original as a surprise, if you dont peek at the neighbours submission.

Combination, wouldn't that be just like "dual"? I would enjoy another one of these, but it has been done already (tho, its probably not a problem).

as long as you mean with wild the nature, earth/wind/--> LIGHTNING <-- I am with ya :D
^^ Darn didnt see that coming.

Level 15
No elements please! We should come up with something that is difficult to come up with an idea :D
I would really like to see a contest with the theme "Point Target Aiming Skills" or something where we creates skills like Meathook and stuff where you target a point and the spell affects the first unit the thingy hits or something.

Level 17
Well ... this idea may sound stupid but I give it a try ...
There are very less, nearly no kind of these spells on hive. Spells, which add buffs to nearby units ... may it be enemy or ally as long as this buff causes some kind of action. Like bloodlust or immolation - buff spells, if you get what I mean.

Level 17
Maybe I can create some kind of lightning buff. Mass purge or something.

Na, thats too simple and easy. I mean new buffs. An example ... if a unit with a specific buff is attacked, theres a x% chance that something happens ... like a bolt will be fired on the attacker or something ... there will be some possibilities, mass purge/bloodlust/etc. is really simple

Level 13
I realy dislike the idea of something that happens on attack. The problem is that you have 3 possibilitys
a) Use "a unit gets attacked"
b) Use an orb damage detection system
c) Trigger every damage without physical damage in the entire map

"a)" sucks because the timing is wrong and canceled attacks still trigger the effect.
"b)" and "c)" are the common (accurate) ways to do such stuff, but both need to be used in the entire map or it's easy to mess all up :O

Level 23
Oh shi... Lightning again?

Dingo, buff ideas are nice, but chance could mess it up alittle if used with "on damage" systems, and is basically horrible in GUI.

So, to expand your idea, what about "synergy"?
The contestant must create two spells, somehow affected by each other. Example: Drunken Brawler and Beath of Fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.