• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest #28 - Wizards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already working on animations. I love the simpler mesh right now.

188037-albums8388-picture102351.png

If you're making comparisons, I would prefer Veigar.

That whole look is the only good bit of content in the entire final fantasy franchise. Yes, that includes design, story and gameplay. I can't believe people actually like it.

Anyway, the animating process is going well. However, I have so many options open for the Arcanist that I'm having trouble deciding on which to use.

Level 9
Omg! my college has started, 9 hour french lessons in a day, my brain gonna blow soon. And i'm still trying to find a nice, working tutorial for Max 2014's exporting as mdx. I think i can not finish this concept, i wish a good luck to you guys :) i really like every single concepts you guys working on.

So, I feel like utter shit right now. Couldn't even hold down my breakfast. However, I've managed to get my Gnome Arcanist to an acceptable state of completion. If I can't figure out how to improve him further, this is my submission.

For clarity, the "Morph" animation is an all-purpose transformation, while Spell Gold/Lumber Alternate were meant to be used with triggers as individual transformations for their respective forms. Considering the way animation tags work, both forms have a Morph animation, allowing the Arcanist to transform back into his base state without the same triggering hassle as it would take to get INTO those forms.

If anyone has any questions, let me know.

Attachments

• Hero_Arcanist.mdx
    348 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Not really sick, it was just some bad rice that didn't stay down. Felt uneasy for a few hours afterwards, but y'know.

The model wouldn't work at first, and I felt like I was gonna throw up; I probably would've just handed in an incomplete model and just said "Here, if someone can help me fix it then it's done, if not, look'it" if I didn't manage to fix it before I started puking.

Roland

R

Roland

Off Topic: Maybe you ate fake rice... O,o
On Topic: Goodluck to the contestants! I hope one of you wins <3

Level 50
I just want to apologize because I will not be able to finish my entry. I wanted to finish it but I simply don't have time, the college started and I'm done with modding. Maybe I'll finish the entry sometimes and upload it but it won't be soon. Good luck everyone, great entries. I honestly wait for the other entries (Tauer, BE, Proxy...) to be finished.

Level 51
I'd totally go for the non-skirt more wildish look.

Witcher 3 - Leshen

This could provide some inspiration. Not exactly semi-human but kinda has that look.

Edit: New Belt for the eredar lady. Don't have enough time to start a new model. Still, there are many things that need to be perfected on the eredar. Struggeling with finding a fitting animation set and creating a staff.

Attachments

• belt.PNG
    belt.PNG
    332.1 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
12048656_840683576029988_948574334_n.jpg

While others are already completing their stuff, I decided to back to step one and make a sketch base of my mesh to make things easier, No progress on mesh yet, Hope I could finish it in time :p even though most probably won't, still have about less than 3 weeks huh? :p

feels like mine is the most not creative one =.=

Maybe I should change to Solar Power Mage or sumthin? or some Fairy or sumthin

Level 51
Nice concept Hayate.

Staff for our lady. Still looking for another texture for the wood, as it is too "light" and not dark and demony enough yet. Also not sure if to keep the crystals tc or make them green. TC looks better yet green makes them more demony (and synergises ith the shouderpads and eyes).

The crystal outlines are layered with a modulated TC. I've never worked with that filter before but here it looks pretty amazing.

Attachments

• staff1.PNG
    staff1.PNG
    297.4 KB · Views: 250
Hi Guys, I'm back :-D. I had little time last month, but I've made this:
attachment.php

A you can see, I decided to create something much more original :-D. I'm thinking about givin' her glow,but I'm still unsure ;-).

PS: real animation looks much nicer than gif :).
Maybe give the Limbs a little volume or anatomy?
it's fancy, but legs is lil...... to thin for warcraft

Level 49
Nice concept Hayate.

Staff for our lady. Still looking for another texture for the wood, as it is too "light" and not dark and demony enough yet. Also not sure if to keep the crystals tc or make them green. TC looks better yet green makes them more demony (and synergises ith the shouderpads and eyes).

The crystal outlines are layered with a modulated TC. I've never worked with that filter before but here it looks pretty amazing.

i like that cell shading kinda thing on the gems. really cool.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I present you the Hierophant. :p
View attachment 149244View attachment 149245
A highly spiritual demi-human creature from the forest, familiar to elemental magic and able to predict the future.

---

just showing some concept arts. still a bit unsure about its outfits though...
Woah, sick. I really like it, reminds me of MtG's Voice of Resurgence. "Hierophant" sounds really weird for a name (absolutely fantastic word, mind you, just sounds more like a super-ultra priest or something organized like that), but the definition doesn't show anything amiss, so meh. Still, something like "animist" or what-have-you makes sense.

12048656_840683576029988_948574334_n.jpg

While others are already completing their stuff, I decided to back to step one and make a sketch base of my mesh to make things easier, No progress on mesh yet, Hope I could finish it in time :p even though most probably won't, still have about less than 3 weeks huh? :p

feels like mine is the most not creative one =.=

Maybe I should change to Solar Power Mage or sumthin? or some Fairy or sumthin
I really like your concept art; very clean & nicely detailed, good proportions. Man I wish I could draw like that. :<

It may or may not be the "most original", but originality isn't the only Criteria; make a solid model in every respect and it won't matter if yours wasn't the most original.

If you are looking for 'original' ideas (do you even have time at this point to reconsider?)... Well, don't look at me. You know all I'll say is "MOAR TROLLZ!". :p

(Kidding. There's plenty of ideas to go around)

Nice concept Hayate.

I absolutely love the effect of those textures on the crystals.

Hi Guys, I'm back :-D. I had little time last month, but I've made this:
attachment.php

A you can see, I decided to create something much more original :-D. I'm thinking about givin' her glow,but I'm still unsure ;-).

PS: real animation looks much nicer than gif :).
Not a bad direction, but I'm really worried about the proportions; in particular, those limbs are tiny spaghetti noodles. Needs some heft! But good work with the double-flapping-wings.

Judging on my procrastinating power and my school project to prioritize, i mpst probably cannpt finish my entry ;( i should have done my project earlier

aww.. all those nice ideas turning to a ruin :p Pun jokingly intended xD

and all the rest of the guys are doing great, methinks, Gluma's 4-Lizard is going to be nuts if it gets animated right xD

Go go guys! Only a few days left. I'm not averse to an extension, but only if enough people can convince me they'll actually finish their work. 2 weeks is my maximum.
with 2 weeks of extension i've no doubt i'll finish mine. but i feel bad for having to ask for an extension with so much time we had to finish our entries... ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.