• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest #27 - Colossus\Final Boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Made progress with this one, it's not a pitlord but mayb it's better. Next is a city hat above him. What's better texture anyway?

Attachments

• Colossus.png
    Colossus.png
    94.5 KB · Views: 241
Level 20
Well basically all of the Bosses in Impossible Bosses are triggered. So the attack animations aren't that useful to those bosses that they would implement. Just like, they use Spell animation and then fires a huge beam and it moves in circles(an example).

TL:DR Every attack in game is triggered, therefore the animations it would need would differ from a classical model.

Change the shape of that dangling thing into a strawberry and call it the STRAWBERRY BEHEMOTH. ;D

It already has a catchy name, you can't lose!

that just doesn't look colossal or detailed enough to me.. you'd probably need to up the polys.. or somehow add more details in

right now i'm merely seeing it as the size of a kitty

edit: oops, quoted the wrong post.. but still.. the meaning stays

New WIP:
Still in the progress of painting the flesh.
i like creatures that have that aberration feel... but i'd recommend watching out for the colour scheme, too saturated colors are off wc3 context. and dunno if it's because it's a wip, but you could put more contrast in your painting

@Hayate: the way you say it kinda sounds like you quit because your name wasn't put in the list :v

i like creatures that have that aberration feel... but i'd recommend watching out for the colour scheme, too saturated colors are off wc3 context. and dunno if it's because it's a wip, but you could put more contrast in your painting

@Hayate: the way you say it kinda sounds like you quit because your name wasn't put in the list :v

Well.. Im Glad that my name is not in the list, I had said and posted some WIP, so many People Joined, And Only 3 is on the list O.O

Level 26
That's the good thing about contests. It's not about progressing, it's about showing yourself and others where you currently are.
Maybe you realize that you need practice, then clearly, the contest has helped you as the challenge of a contest made you face yourself and realize something.

Progress comes with time but not with a deadline. Like modding itself, it's a pastime. It's supposed to be fun. I'm still waiting for a Co-op contest. XD
When you feel you have become experienced enough to crank out models within a time frame, then just enjoy yourself.

That's the good thing about contests. It's not about progressing, it's about showing yourself and others where you currently are.
Maybe you realize that you need practice, then clearly, the contest has helped you as the challenge of a contest made you face yourself and realize something.

Progress comes with time but not with a deadline. Like modding itself, it's a pastime. It's supposed to be fun. I'm still waiting for a Co-op contest. XD
When you feel you have become experienced enough to crank out models within a time frame, then just enjoy yourself.

I think I will need a Co-op Contest too XD
Im Not good enough yet to be here i think xd, haha too bad

Level 26
Really? I've felt that many times. My complete and utter inability has resulted in folders with gigs worth of models, static and unmoving. I'll never complete any of these in any time soon.

Talking from experience, participating back in the past, the huge gap between my level and the others participating was discouraging. It always just felt like showcasing something inferior to a polished diamond that would clearly outshine yours no matter how much you polished your model.

I'm not saying people can't participate, I have just felt that it's much more fun to have a shot at the price, it imbues the experience with a giddy tone of optimism. That's why I thought the Co-Op concept sounds so fun. Because as a rookie, you dedicate yourself to a core thing first that you enjoy more. For example, I just loved making mesh when first starting up. But animating, it was tedious and annoying. Still think so, actually.

Last edited:
Level 6
Try to finish it in spare time. Otherwise share it after the contest. Its a shame but understandable.

I always felt that contests were more about popularity, as only a specific group of people would tend to win, because of their fanboys backing them, regardless of the quality of their work.

Funny, though, how that ended when a bunch of those toxic trolls left the Hive.
I disagree. those more skilled would win more frequently, isn't it obvious? as far as I remember, I myself only won contests in which one of those almost professional artists diddn't enter... (i.e. pyramid head, supa, etc) or contests with really few entries ._.
it's logical, many of them were professional artists and had a lot of skill.

well, some bias is inevitable. I agree sometimes results are kinda unfair due to the popularity bias. but we had many contests won by people who weren't known around. Freddyk, for instance, was a great surprise. I remember a contest tee.dubs won, too (and i didn't even check the contest archive). the community does recognize good entries disregarding popularity... anyways.. if we agree that bias isn't very much present anymore we're ok.

and... i thought i'd have time to do a lot of modelling and i hadn't... an extension might be great, since we are having difficulty in hosting contests, let us extend the one that's going on instead of closing it and doing another one...

Status
Not open for further replies.