• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Modeling Contest #28 - Wizards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 50
wizerd.jpg

not much. but i made a capez.

What texture did you used for the cape? Looks dope, btw. Maybe I'll change my entry because of the animations problem, again...

Roland

R

Roland

[-] The legs are like 70's make it more tactical and wizard like
[+] The torso, hands and the head also the cape output is really great, Make it more scary-wizard like :D

Anyway, Good-luck participants, Nice WiPs :D

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
@Direfury: What? But your concept was so solid... Yur nae gettin' scared outta yer wee booties, eh? :p

[-] The legs are like 70's make it more tactical and wizard like
[+] The torso, hands and the head also the cape output is really great, Make it more scary-wizard like :D

Anyway, Good-luck participants, Nice WiPs :D
'That's just, like, your opinion, man.' :p

Seriously, though. Some wizards are Skeletor's, and some are He-Man's. A buff wizard is cool-io.

Level 21
Good to see everyone making some nice Wizard related models for a nice contest.
I can't decide which one to vote for. :/

Roland

R

Roland

OFF-TOPIC:
OR he could add a joint in his mouth. Make him appear as if he's getting high. All his spells would be hallucinogen, drug induce related.
Could work I suppose.
Wow. make skeletor into a drug addict? lol sounds legit~
'That's just, like, your opinion, man.' :p
Dude, that's how I suggest, It's my way of judging >,>

ON-TOPIC: I'm not sure who or what will I vote, but those models are quite sick and bad-ass~! <3 Good~luck guys!

Just as a reminder, tomorrow is the last day of the contest. Any requests for an extension?

fuck.
For some reason I thought that was 30. Novemeber...
Oh well, it seems I'm not entering that contest, and I won't slow it down by asking an extension just for me. Good luck to all the contestants!
If someone else asks for an extension of atleast 7-10 days, I would definitely use it though.

EDIT: Wait, isn't October between September and November? xD
It seems we have 30 more days... if that isn't a typo.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
working on some sfx. i might retexture his armor. i'm kinda deciding whether to make him a dark wizard or an ice magus.
I know you've probably done plenty of Dark-magic, but definitely dark. Ice is over-done (in general & in the Scourge in particular).

If you wanna make it more interesting, go with purpley-corruption magic. : )

Level 9
I'M STUCK! :(
Done with animations but can't export from 3DS MAX 2014 with animations correctly, actually not even the single model can't be exported.. i tryed almost 10 type of scripts but doesn't work at all.
All i need is figuring the team color-glow and exporting the whole model. I really need help over here, even if it means disturbing the contest rules i'd still want to get help to learn it completely. Can anyone give me a hand? please :)

Another question; We also have to create spell effects for the contest?

Level 49
I'm not familiar with 3DS Max. It's probable that you used a technique (for mesh or animations) which is incompatible with .MDX. I suggest you ask BlinkBoy, I think he may have more information.
Spell effects? Well, you can add particles during the model's animation, that goes under the "Effects" score alongside glows and other non-"physical" parts of the model. It's not necessary but it is a part of the grading. Models which don't need particles won't have points reduced because they don't have any. You probably want some on a mage, though.

Roland

R

Roland

I love the model and it's animation, But what I really dislike is how you edit the preview of the model screenshot making a higher density of Sharpening filters.. Can't you just un-sharpen the model so it won't mess up the model screenshot?

Level 49
Oh about that sharpen thing, i didnt really do that on purpose, somehow when i save screenshots it automatically does that. So, yeah its pretty bad and to really see the model as it is, you'll have to wait until its released and preview it. I cant really do something about the sharpen thing on my screenshots, sorry :<

edit: so uh, whenever i'll post a wip here i'll just switch to my laptop to make the previews. Only way i can think of.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Oh about that sharpen thing, i didnt really do that on purpose, somehow when i save screenshots it automatically does that. So, yeah its pretty bad and to really see the model as it is, you'll have to wait until its released and preview it. I cant really do something about the sharpen thing on my screenshots, sorry :<

edit: so uh, whenever i'll post a wip here i'll just switch to my laptop to make the previews. Only way i can think of.

And here I just thought you were always trolling with us. :p

"Diomedes", eh? Sounds fantastic.

To explain how my model will work.
The default set of animations will feature him attacking with his sword, for critical strike he will enchant his sword, and he will have a few spell animations.
The alternate animations will have him drop his sword to the ground and levitate, casting powerful spells with both hands and kicking complete ass with even more spell animations. Is that fine?

Level 49
I already said spellswords are allowed so it sounds completely fine. The only way something like that wouldn't be fine is if he only had melee swordfighting animations with no particles and his only spell would've been a leap or a spin/cyclone.

Also... Awesome looking concept. Looking forward to seeing it in action.

Status
Not open for further replies.