• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Game Mapping Contest #8 - Escape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Now, Ready for da' might of de' Amani!
Zul%27Aman_bosses.jpg
"Dis... was our land. TROLL land. We Amani was here before anyone! Da' elves and dere Alliance came to drive us out. But we never give up.
We never forget...
Da' elves took my eye. I cut off my own arm to escape 'dem... and now, 'de fight alongside da' HORDE?! I SPIT on da' Horde! I hate you, I hate you all... But I got a surprise for ya' now, so come on in...
De' Amani never give up! We never forget. We never die. 'Dis is our land: you wanna stay, you stay here forever! We gonna bury you here"

I'll say this was better than a tower escape(Zul'Aman). I'll post screenshots later.

EDIT:Vote, High Elves and Blood Elves only or include the whole Alliance and Horde?

Last edited:
Another Question, Do requesting in the Request Forum a form of teamwork or not allowed in the contest?

Anyways,
My Map Features:
1.Epic Bosses
2.A Movie Like Opening Cinematic
3.Some RPG Features
4.New Resources From Me....
....and many more.
You can't ask people to create specific resource, code or whatever for your map.
You can only use already created PUBLIC resources that are available to all users.

Testing map and posting suggestions, new ideas is allowed.

Level 21
I thought this would be without any imports. But, well, still participating.
Me too, and I was looking forward to it. But I guess the gloves come off for everyone now.
Here's another wip. I guess this will be my only progress today and this week since I'll be quite busy.

Anyway, minesweeper anyone? :xxd:
Green = 0 adjacent mine
Green = 1 adjacent mine
Yellow = 2 adjacent mine
Orange = 3 adjacent mine
Red = 4 adjacent mine
Blue = 5 adjacent mine
attachment.php
Looks pretty cool :wink: Going to have a bunch of minigames like that throughout the map?

Allright, because I started making the models for the 6 member group you will play as. It would really suck if you couldn't make models for yourself.

I have a very important question which will have a lot of influence on my story:
Are, and in what measure, sexual contents allowed?

For example, could sex scenes be implemented as long as they don't show any.... um... obscene body parts?

Allright, because I started making the models for the 6 member group you will play as. It would really suck if you couldn't make models for yourself.

I have a very important question which will have a lot of influence on my story:
Are, and in what measure, sexual contents allowed?

For example, could sex scenes be implemented as long as they don't show any.... um... obscene body parts?

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/faq/#sexual-preference
"No submission may violate any of the site rules."

Sadly I don't think you can unless you manage to make it so hard to figure it out barely anybody sees it.

Well since the trend here is showing some progress... ( I expect to see something from you soon Tickles so I know how to expose any weaknesses... =P )
Tuh da a picture from yours truly!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
I'm thinking about requesting a Judge position.
Is there any still available?

I already have experience in judging, check Hero Contest 6 for example.

However, since in the end time of the contest there will be high activity in my company it means with a lot of contestants either my judgement will be delayed or I have to give it to someone else.

This is not an application, just an idea. (Yes I wasn't active since the last contest, but I am doing my best to help those who still like to do wc3 mapping)

So, this is the group you will guide trought my map. Yes, two of them are black. And no, that is not a dwarf. He is just short (I will try to make him look less of a dwarf soon).

Back to my former question.
According to the site's rules, I can make bloody limbs fly trough the air, but sex is not allowed. Allright, I can live with that.

But how about this: I make a dialog at the beginning where you choose the censorship level:
(for example) Text Censorship ( Death to all shit-eaters! / Death to the enemy! )
Violence Censorhip ( toggles blood effects on/off )
Adult Censorship ( Beggining of a sex scene / Text 'And they went off to love each other... )

Basically, you can choose whether you want to see something or not. I think that is fair.

Attachments

• Group.jpg
    Group.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 103
Level 25
It's All About Time

Just tell me if this is a good idea or not:
It is just a simple hallway full of rooms locked and full of Bronze and Infinite dragons. You will travel back in time to get the keys to continue the escape the tower.

EDIT:The bronze dragons will help you while the Infinite dragons are enemies.

Last edited:
Level 30
Just tell me if this is a good idea or not:
It is just a simple hallway full of rooms locked and full of Bronze dragons. You will travel back in time to get the keys to continue the escape the tower.

Good idea and that calls for a longer gameplay which is good. There are many possibilities here if you made this to be a good one. For me its a good idea!

Count me in, and BTW, first time entering the hive arena, also I read the rules and evrything, also, if I may, can I be judge.

Maybe it's better if you make an entry for this constest, and in the next one you be the judge? Just to get the hang of things here, because judging is always a lot harded than doing something :D

EDIT: Since my, um... Adult idea was discouraged, you can forget about the work in progress I posted earlier. Luckily, I have a new idea which I will start working on soon :D

EDIT2: Lol if anyone cares, I will use only the first model I posted :D

Level 21
EDIT: Since my, um... Adult idea was discouraged, you can forget about the work in progress I posted earlier. Luckily, I have a new idea which I will start working on soon :D

EDIT2: Lol if anyone cares, I will use only the first model I posted :D
I have to say, that question about adult content was about the craziest thing I've ever seen anyone ask about a Warcraft map :xxd: But anyway, it might be cool to combine that first model with a parkour style escape (since I remember you had a parkour idea a while back) somewhere along the lines of Temple Run. Seems like it would be a lot of fun to play.

So, current idea, and this will be my last work in progress post until I finish the main character models:

Three member team trapped somewhere, yet to be decided where. They are:
Huge, black warrior, using physical weapons (for now sword and hook).
Female sorceress, skilled in the art of magic.
An assassin, quick on the blade, and quicker on his feet, using a wide variety of blades (yeah that's my first model).

Teamwork is required, for there will be gaps that sorceress and warrior can't enter, but the assassin can slip through. There will be mechanisms too heavy for the sorceress and assassin, but light enough so the warrior can move them. And there will be magical signs, traps and riddles only sorceress can uncover.

Dozens of riddles, puzzles and fights await you in my map :D

Level 23

Damn, I was looking forward to how that would turn out. It would have been one unique entry.

Anyway, had about half an hour to work on my entry this morning so I was able to add the camera system, cinematics and some other triggers. I was able to improve the terrain a bit too.

WE

Ingame

222907-albums5913-picture75790.png
222907-albums5913-picture75789.png
222907-albums5913-picture75787.png
222907-albums5913-picture75788.png
[/IMG]

Level 22
Is it allowed to post the WIP screenshot when i present the map?
So i will give a finished screenshot and aWIP screenshot
the thing is.. Since i don't have wifi anymore, i can't post the WIP screenshot for each progress i made

And good luck for the others ^^
They are all look interesting to be played

Status
Not open for further replies.