• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Solo Mini-Mapping Contest #7 - Boss Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is protected because I have decided to take it further and make it into a rpg map...

"Even protected maps can show how good the user's triggering skills are, for example check if there are any performance issues when units are spawned."

You can judge it still even if it is protected anyways.
It's not fair to others, please upload unprotected map.

Level 11
It's not fair to others, please upload unprotected map.

Yep, that's right!

BTW, Kobas, you really need to improve your entry's description, it would be a real shame if you don't get into the contest

Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:

Several screenshots of terrain and gameplay.
The file in the appropriate format.

Level 14
Hmm... you want me to upload it? It isn't in the rules to be unprotected.... However both judges will recieve unprotected versions, and it is their choice to give it to everyone. >.>

Because giving points for coding and triggers can be made on protected maps... insert some logic here.

If everyone could upload thier maps here and be viewed by others, you must too.

You will make a RPG from a map with the playable size of a potato sack?
Also I am curious who are you quoting in this ridiculos sentense you'v stated above. I am really eager to see how to judge a leaking trigger by not being able to see it. Spawning a few units with leaks would not reduce performence at a notable rate.
You don't like the submission rules? Don't submit.

Because giving points for coding and triggers can be made on protected maps... insert some logic here.

If everyone could upload thier maps here and be viewed by others, you must too.

You will make a RPG from a map with the playable size of a potato sack?
Also I am curious who are you quoting in this ridiculos sentense you'v stated above. I am really eager to see how to judge a leaking trigger by not being able to see it. Spawning a few units with leaks would not reduce performence at a notable rate.
You don't like the submission rules? Don't submit.

I don't have too for it doesn't require it, please re-read.. thank you. Did you know you can increase the max size of a map? Guess not... :thumbs_up: As well you can also do so much in Wc3 that you might not realize since I could make a 32x32 map look like a 480x480 map with the use of triggers/code.
The only ridiculos thing I see if this quote I am quoteing..... It is easy to judge a leaking trigger, try /fps. Actually it does, 0.01 fps maybe. Oh, I don't mind the submission rules, apparently you don't know how to read them though. Thank you for replying to me anyways even if it was a useless attempt at trolling.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
@Dat-C3
I was checking your map and played it also and I tested impossible and very easy difficulties and I did not see any difference with them and then I checked the triggers and now I copy paste them in here.

• q1
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -very easy as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: |cffffff80Very Easy...
      • Player - Set Player 5 (Yellow) handicap to ((Player 5 (Yellow) handicap) + 25.00)%
      • Set diffcheck = 1
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Trigger - Turn off q2 <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off q3 <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off q4 <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off q5 <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off q6 <gen>
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set lifes[(Player number of (Picked player))] = 4
          • Game - Display to (Player group((Picked player))) the text: ((String(lifes[(Player number of (Picked player))])) + ( lifes + (Name of (Picked player))))
  • q6
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -impossible as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: |cffffff80Impossibl...
      • Player - Set Player 5 (Yellow) handicap to ((Player 5 (Yellow) handicap) + 200.00)%
      • Set diffcheck = 6
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Trigger - Turn off q2 <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off q3 <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off q4 <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off q5 <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off q1 <gen>
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set lifes[(Player number of (Picked player))] = 4
          • Game - Display to (Player group((Picked player))) the text: ((String(lifes[(Player number of (Picked player))])) + ( lifes + (Name of (Picked player))))
And if I understand "handi cap" it is about player resources and things like that not about spell damage... also impossible and very easy has same amount of lives what is the sense in that?
My opinion is that very easy, easy and difficulties like that should make the boss easier not just harder than without any difficulties. Because we can see even "very easy" choice increases handicap of diablo´s forces by 25%. You should forexample reduce max health amount of diablo or increase player´s unit's max health...

EDIT:
What is this trigger?
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Clear the screen of text messages for (Player group((Triggering player)))

Level 14
I don't have too for it doesn't require it, please re-read.. thank you. Did you know you can increase the max size of a map? Guess not... :thumbs_up: As well you can also do so much in Wc3 that you might not realize since I could make a 32x32 map look like a 480x480 map with the use of triggers/code.
The only ridiculos thing I see if this quote I am quoteing..... It is easy to judge a leaking trigger, try /fps. Actually it does, 0.01 fps maybe. Oh, I don't mind the submission rules, apparently you don't know how to read them though. Thank you for replying to me anyways even if it was a useless attempt at trolling.
I am still wondering who are you quoting in this absurd statement...
No it does not decrease fps by an imaginary number you pointed, go on prove me wrong.
And stop it with the 'trolling' statements I am not the one getting reported after every 2nd post in this forum.
I'd like to see how you extend a map with a trigger and then work with it in the editor. Yes there is software that does that but a trigger... not likely. So you are wrong here too, even if it is possible to increase the map size with code/trigger, they do work after the game is started giving you no option to work on the terrain itself. See world editor unlimited for example could do it.

Not a single entry EVER has been put in those contests protected. I am sure everyone but you read the rules wrongly.
Now for the trolling part I am also sure the moderators are inteligent people and will let them judge who is the real one.

Every difficulty increases, just the difference in the other 5 is hitpoints and damage of everything, 6 is an entirely new change
while very easy and easy are missing bosses ultimate... Maybe you should check out all my triggers if your going to judge them as
well offer suggestions for them? That trigger does what it says, clears the messages made by the map. Impossible has same # of lives
because I never got to adding in a revival spell for impossible difficulty as well decided to leave it the way it was.

Lordkoon, I am getting reported? cool, didn't know that one. Thank you for letting me know =) It is simple, GetLocalPlayer and points or coords or rects/regions
Software is made out of programming... Triggers are made out of programming.... see it yet? Nah I ain't wrong sadly. Ummm....
No it isn't possible to increase the max map size with code/trigger... not anymore anyways, what are you even on about...? WEU
as well newgen can only increase max map size out of the game/in the editor.

"
No submission may violate any of the site rules.
If a submission does not follow the map submission rules the creator will be disqualified.
All submissions must follow the current theme. If any model does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
Several screenshots of terrain and gameplay.
The file in the appropriate format.
You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that its yours.
Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
Judges may not participate.
Your final submission must be bug free.
Teamwork is not allowed.
Finding testers and voice actors to help you with your submission is not considered teamwork.
Imports may be used in the map, however they must all be credited.
All multiplayer maps must be under 8mb. "

So where is it that it says "map must be unprotected"? Thank you for taking your time to have a lovely conversation with me, but I
would definately appreciate it if you let it drop/give it up..?

Nah I don't get mad/angry..... Just trying my best to respond politely as I can? I was never good with communication as well am trying my best to respond nicely upon my work who everyone is responding too.... I don't mean to offend, and never wanted to cause such trouble.

Well even if I did name them.. what would it matter? You still have to check them if your going to be a judge... If you want me to name them than I would need to give you a updated version which is against the rules I would assume. However I am glad everyone else got so much Rep from this. =) as well so much feedback, and stuff. Always nice to have that as a mapper...

Well Final version until this contest ends since I am no longer allowed to work on it....
I handed you the unprotected version of the map that was in the entry? Yea judges jobs are complicated sometimes..... They need to know how to do more than melee, and terraining.... Don't give up though, to get better is to continue trying your best.

Level 28
@Dat-C3,

How in the hell that melee and terraining got involved on this, I know you love to code byt please don't mess with melee map since you can't make a good one yourself.(No offence since I got offended when melee got involved on this and I want to protect it) Why do people keep underestimating melees if they can't make one themselves? I'm just wondering.

I don't have too for it doesn't require it, please re-read.. thank you. Did you know you can increase the max size of a map? Guess not... As well you can also do so much in Wc3 that you might not realize since I could make a 32x32 map look like a 480x480 map with the use of triggers/code.

You can make your map 480x480 with in 10 seconds. *facepalm* No need for trigger, but if you really want to complicate things do as you want.

Hm. . .

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/nxfo84/_files/melee map.w3x
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/q74phy/show.jpg

It seems your trying to troll or offend me which is quite a bad attempt if so...

How about when you want to go past 480x480 within one map instead of creating several single maps with it? *facepalm* =)
Nobody ever gets what my point ever is.... I am horrible with communicating, though can't really blame me. =D
As well you can create terrain by just useing code as well you can make water in-game which makes terraining seem less useful
if done outside by the editor when you want very complex things like me. Not dummy water/dummy units either.

So since melee is so important to you... what can it do at its best? If you wouldn't mind listing the features for me that is. =)

Level 28
It seems your trying to troll or offend me which is quite a bad attempt if so...

I got offended on this line

Yea judges jobs are complicated sometimes..... They need to know how to do more than melee, and terraining....

You're trying to say that melee and terraining is just a easy thing, while yourself can't do it any better.

And hoh me a troll? Don't make me laugh, ask all my friends here if I'm a troll or not. I'm a very serious/busy person to troll someone.

Level 28
Dat-C3, why do you keep banging on terrain? If you love coding, just state it as the way it is, not comparing it to others, and games will never be cool with out terrain. And before you said I'm trolling you, think first that you're offending someone with those harsh words on the things you don't like, if you don't like them don't mess with them.

I just want to say what I want, just like how you said harsh words on the things I like.

@Dat-C3,
So where is it that it says "map must be unprotected"? Thank you for taking your time to have a lovely conversation with me, but I
would definately appreciate it if you let it drop/give it up..?
I wonder why that rule was removed, even I had pointed that one out in red in a previous contest.

You are mad about something? Because it seems like it. And you think I am going to check every single trigger when tens of your triggers are unnamed?"?!?!?
Man up boy :p

What shall we do about HammerFist132's map? Uhm I did not disscover any bossfight in it neither winning or loosing conditions at all? Is this allowed?
Not even a boss fight? Obviously disqualify him.

@sonofjay,
I know you love to code byt please don't mess with melee map since you can't make a good one yourself.(No offence since I got offended when melee got involved on this and I want to protect it) Why do people keep underestimating melees if they can't make one themselves? I'm just wondering.
"I'm just a gamer, I'm not allowed to criticize the games I play just because I can't make games myself!!!!". Seriously, you're not expecting a person judging a game/map to know everything about making one so well.

@Remixer,
You say terraining is easy? It definetly is not. And if I can say about the final scores I gave you score from "terraining" quess how many?
Why are you provoking him now?

I think everyone should just stop arguing if you can't even lead a civilised discussion here without instantly getting into a fight. Seriously, if you can't argue about the terraining/coding judging without losing it immediately, then just don't and ask the host and moderators to look over the judging instead.
Dat-C3 has said that he's sent an unprotected version to the judges, however it would've been better if he had done so before the deadline, although for some reason the "do not protect your map" rule was for some reason removed from this contest.

So please, everyone, calm down and discuss this without fighting/accusing people like that or just don't and let the mods and the host discuss it.

Level 35
What that means? Is it a phrase or something? Never heard it before.

i have a feeling you're not the only one

basically it's 'man up, boy', but without punctuation. the phrase 'man up' implies that you are whining about something petty and you should deal with it in a more manly fashion.

for instance:
'ur terraining is stoopid and i giv it bad raeting beacuse it is stoopid'

would become:
'i feel you could improve upon your terraining but support your more than adequate efforts despite this not being your area of expertise'

see how much better that sounds? now you don't sound like you're antagonising anyone or just causing trouble :3

Level 28
@Venge, he pmed me saying this thing:

Can it do projectiles flying across the land? Can it do shield/forcefields? Can it do stuff like done in the map SupCom by n-a-z-g-u-l? Can it do a first person shooter? can it do a full on mmorpg without the code needed for save/load? I can go on for you, but it is useless for I really hope you see my point now

He is talking me to make a first person game on a melee map? A mmorpg on a melee map? C'mon is he joking? No he is serious when he pmed me.

Status
Not open for further replies.