• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Game Mapping Contest #8 - Escape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
So here's my first wip to prove that the map I'm creating is a new one. New updates will come occasionally.

Some basic information about the map:

- Co-op story driven 1-4-player RPG
- Cinematics
- Own music

That's what I've decided so far.

Attachments

• dararaar.jpg
    dararaar.jpg
    612.7 KB · Views: 151

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
My entry will be named The Black Down :p
The game is about escaping from a haunted forest. You and your team will have to survive and also have to rescue some trapped villagers. Follow the story, kill all the undeads, kill bosses, run away from some special bosses, and the main goal is to escape the forest.

About gameplay:
- Suggested players: adult, 2-4 players, 1 player is still okay but less fun :p
- 8 jobs (Assaulter, Bomber, Sniper, Grenadier, Medic, Commander, Rifleman, Burner)
- 15 kind of weapons
- 26 kind of perks
- 8 selectable difficulties
- This game is purposed for anyone who demands frenziness :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 22
I had a lot of ideas yesterday but today my mind seems to be empty. Hmm.. Perhaps I'll just make a kind of escape-the-room kind of map or maybe not...

Sugar Honey Iced Tea, I'm out of ideas.

EDIT: Will it be considered teamwork if I ask other members for ideas?
i guess it's not, but lets wait for kobas to make sure of it

Aeroblyctos, for just the basics it already looks cool

Level 37
Before decoration I decided to create pathings and walls. Now about 70%. Then I can start to fill the rooms, hallways, etc.

That looks clean and very well abstracted. :thumbs_up:

Haha, I was planning to create whole terrain today and then continue with the story. The story itself is hard to create as there are many twists...!

Aeroblyctos, for just the basics it already looks cool

Pretty basic 'inside' terrain. Fun and easy to create.

Attachments

• dararaar3.jpg
    dararaar3.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 88
Level 37
you are a mighty map maker indeed

Hmm, that's just a title I created when I joined the site. Nothing official or anything. Back then I thought my resources were awesome but in reality they were far from the best.

Is giving tips allowed?

I don't see a problem. This is a friendly competition after all.

Level 37
aero, are you going to post every single step you made? -_-

To bring some activity to this thread and it doesn't take a long time to take a screenshot and tell how things are progressing. I think that's actually funny and gives motivation.

Next I'm gonna take 4 cup of coffee and bang my head to a wall until the story is completed.

Map preview

Hello everyone, I'm going to present my map preview now.

Introduction:

I cant really say at the moment where I was inspired from, but I had the impulse to create a 2D map. I guess the old super mario gameplays have most influence on this project.
I dont have a name for my project for now so furthermore I will just call it 'project'.

Gameplay

You controle a hero and have to pass all stages to win. For moving your hero through the levels you have to use your arrow keys. (mouse is not needed)

Hero has a special jump ability which allows him to avoid enemies or to get on higher platforms. Once an enemy touches you, or you fall into water your hero dies.

Also you have the possibility to collect gold coins on your way to incease your life. ( ~100 gold = +1 life)

Maybe I will add more features next week but for now I was busy with normal trigger systems.

Screenshots:

2.jpg

1.jpg

Ok, this was my short preview, hope you enjoyed it... and I'm sure after contest I will go on mapping on this project :wink:

To all other participants: Good luck with all your projects, hope we will get many good maps :thumbs_up:

Level 23
Well, I was gonna post a Wip earlier but my WE went a bit nuts and crashed bringing down with it my first unsaved work. So I had to start all over again. Seems like the result is better though.

attachment.php

I'm gonna replace the abyss tile with something that looks like the afternoon sky so it's not gonna be plain black. And yeah, the castle is supposed to be open like that.

My map is going to be a mix genre map. Usually contains puzzles and some riddles too but the main objective still is to escape from the witches castle. :D

Attachments

• screeny.JPG
    screeny.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 237
Allright, I am still making the main character model... I based it off the Bounty Hunter model, which is in one of public resources :) I finished mesh and texture editing, and started animating it from scratch. I only left the walk anim. I finished Stand, Stand Ready, several attack, walk and jump variations. Soon enough I will post some screenies :D

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
deciding it is even more harder than a mathemathic test :(

okay, it's decided, I'm going to back on my project. Thinking about "How big step can I make in these 2 months in my project" :p beside that, all contestant here are professionals where it's hard for me to be a winner :p maybe I will just release my entry as a common map someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.