• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zuluhed-Orc Shaman Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey guys. This is not so much a request for work as a request for someone to point me in the right direction, because I feel like a model like this just has to be out there already.

I'm currently working on a campaign set in the 2nd War, and I'm looking to update the visual palette (because some of the models I'm currently using are, frankly, atrocious). Lucky for me, Tauer has some fantastic models out there of 2nd War heroes, and I'd like to use them in my campaign.

128455-1aba486183b2190db1389b39a6705293.jpg

128828-06166f734d85223e3f3f468c6f2b858a.jpg

128077-e19af0d3e4a122a37943ed75aae1626c.png

117875-dffd8c2cfca047c1816ce38048f27057.png

However, I haven't been able to find a high-quality model for my main character - Zuluhed the Whacked. I'm currently using a simple reskin of the farseer, which just doesn't hold up next to the above models.

For those who don't know, Zuluhed was the Chieftain of the Dragonmaw Clan and the last shaman to serve the Old Horde. I'm looking for a model of an old, mystic-type orc. Not something covered with human skulls or warlock-y touches. And something with enough detail that it won't look ridiculous interacting with the above models in close-up cinematics.

Shamans and orcs have always gone together - it seems like there must be something like this out there, right?

Thanks in advance, guys.

Level 6
That model is pretty damn cool. Very well made, and it really looks like the kind of monster that could put the hurt on. But that also, unfortunately, makes it a bad choice for Zuluhed.

Zuluhed is an old orc, past his prime, who stubbornly stuck to tradition and saw himself rendered irrelevant by the new generation of warlocks that followed. He's plagued by insecurity, but with Doomhammer's ascendancy to Warchief, he has a chance at gaining respect once more. His struggle with integrity vs glory is one of the central story points of my campaign. While the Necromagus is great, someone who looks like a complete badass doesn't really suit the character.

I did a quick google search, found some images that depict the sort of archetype I'm looking for.
orc_shaman_by_serelyartworks-d6i0gci.jpg
the_shaman_by_taaks.jpg
orc_shaman___warcraft___pencil_by_andrewsblood-d8aho7z.jpg
orc_shaman_large.jpg
19bc3822777b2e81bb2d50c83e84fb33.jpg
latest

I feel like I've probably just been looking in the wrong places. Thank you so much for the suggestion, though.

Level 34
I saw that Anaxie already suggest this one, and i have to say that he nailed it: Orc Shaman , a version of this model with hero glow and dissipate animations would fit like a glove for Zuluhed (you could also remove the skull hat)
Edit.: and the Orc Necromagus model could fit pretty well for Nekros Skullcrusher

Last edited:
Level 6
Oh wow! Thanks Stefan! I never never expected to have someone volunteering to make a model, but I'm super excited that you are. I'm glad you're going with that concept art, too - it's probably my favorite of the bunch. You rock!

@stein123 Thank you for the suggestion. I actually did see that model, but I wasn't crazy about how the human skulls were front and center. I think I was also a little worried about how close it was in stature to the necrolyte, and the lack of hero stuff. Still, it's definitely the closest thing out there to what I'm looking for - the fact that it's a Stefan.K model just boosts my confidence in the new custom-built Zuluhed!

But Necromagus for Nekros - that's a great suggestion! I hadn't even thought of that, and it really suits his lore, as a warrior-turned-warlock. I'll probably just adjust the mesh a little to give him more of a pegleg.

Level 14
oh goodness you're using the models i linked

and stefan made a great model too!

this is so awesome Rondstat.

Can we have any updates on campaign progress anything before 2018?

status on whats been done or being worked on?

Status
Not open for further replies.