• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombies Ate My Neighbours: In Need of Mappers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
I have decided to do the ultimate Zombie map. I want to make a Zombies Ate My Neighbours map, and I'll need a team.

Do you enjoy zombie maps? Did you enjoy Zombies Ate My Neighbours (How couldn't you? If you haven't played it yet, get an emulator or buy an old SNES damnit!) This project is for you.

Right now i'm in need of skilled mappers for all sorts of things. Here's the current team:

Director: Brad.Dude03
Terrain, Camera, Etc: HappyTauren
JASS/GUI: HappyTauren
Object Data: Brad.Dude03
Miscellaneous things:Unscrewed_Magic
Imported Models: HappyTauren
Skins/Icons/Awesome: RagingSpeedHorn

Basically, we need all the help that we can get, so if you're willing to join the team (even if you only do single requests) we can gladly find a job for you.

What say you people? Who wants to make the ultimate zombie map?

Last edited:
Level 36
Excellent, so this just leaves one thing: Object Data.

If really needed, I could cover object data (I'd be coming up with all of the ideas for weapons and things anyway)

You know what, that's what i'm going to do. We'll start by having HappyTauren do the terrain and layout (I'll talk to him all about that, basically get the GUI and things out of the way [I'll talk to him about that too :p] and then I'll contact all of you with individual requests from there)

If you're wondering how the theme will work, i'll put this sort of picture into your head: It's October, rather late at night, and here you are in the middle of suburbia. Very small quiet neighbourhood, yada yada. Basically, zombies start showing up everywhere, and since the government is nowhere to be found, you're on your own to stay alive against this brain-eating nuisance.

It wont be like trhe Resident Evil maps where everything is all military and quarantined and stuff, it will be just pure mayhem. The idea is for fun over realism.

Anyway, thanks for volunteering, I can't wait to get started :D

IDEA!

im gonna model knife now

EDIT:

Done the knife

Attachments

• leet.jpg
    leet.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 98
Level 2
I loved this game back in the day. Are you planning on keeping it singleplayer or are you expanding it into multiplayer?

Level 36
I loved this game back in the day. Are you planning on keeping it singleplayer or are you expanding it into multiplayer?

It's going to be multiplayer. The goal right now is to make it more like Monster Madness (except with less suck) since that game is in full 3D and all the rest. I just want it to be an ultra fun multiplayer game that you would really enjoy playing :smile:

Rage, that's EXACTLY what I want to do. You start out with the only things you can find in your House (basic stuff) and you upgrade and such along the way. One of my ideas is a gun that shoots exploding chainsaws. So they get stuck in the zombies, start themselves up, tear the thing to pieces, and to ensure that the body parts don't come after you, it explodes and blows the thing into goo :p

It will be zones. You will go from one zone to the next on the map, travelling through the neighbourhood. Only when you've killed all the waves for the particular zone can you move onto the next. Zombies will be easy to kill (for the most part) but there will be LOTS of them.

Level 12
Object data as in the stats of the units or just making the units or both. I would love to help but hate to get involved because I am lazy sometimes... but I do love zombie maps. Could you fill in more about the job so I know how much would be expected of me if I took that spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.