• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombie Survival [Project]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello, I am currently working on a project Zombie Survival (may not be the final name). Anyways, I am possibly in need of a mapping partner and or team. Here is the list of what will be included in the game.

Storyline: Near the late 2020's, mankind has discovered intelligent life on a distant planet; not too far from the Milky Way. They have decided to bring one of the specimens back to earth for further testing. As they began to dissect the life form, a cloud of toxic vapors erupted from the life form's body infecting everyone in the vicinity. Soon, the cloud began to spread throughout the earth, growing in size until every human and animal became infected. Now here you are, a group of 8 humans immune to the disease. Will you survive?

#1 Map Basics
-survival game type.
-128x128 map area.
-8 players.
-many unique systems.

#2 Map Features
-item combination system
*uses stored item variables for multiple item combination
*blueprints required to make superior items

-teamwork/betrayal
*work as a team to fight the zombie horde or betray your teammates and become a lone wolf

-random events
*random events may occur during the game including supply drops, bombing runs and many others (still needs thinking)

-visual effects
*high quality explosions, blood stains, zombies and inventions
*realistic knockback explosions and possibly weapons

#3 Other/Team

-imports hoping to stay under 1.5MB

Team Registrations

I am in need of 2 people to help me with this project.

Triggerer - Must know high quality GUI *note* jassers are aloud to join the project but, I will not be able to help you with your code.

Part Time Terrainer - Decent terrainer, will follow my preset terrain.
If possible, I am also in need of a decent modeller (optional).

PM ME FOR ADDITIONAL DETAILS AND OR TEAM REGISTRATION

Attachments

• war3~1.png
    war3~1.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 3,323
  • war3~2.png
    war3~2.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 362
Last edited:
Level 4
A further explaination on the combination system:

Basicly, around the map will be scattered raw resources. These resources are picked up by your survivor to be used in many construction options. Also, around the map will be "Blueprints". These physical items are used to create your structures and items. For each blueprint, it displays what resources you need to create that item, for example: Barricade requires 2 wood sheet's and 1 metal sheet.

Level 6
So how will the blue prints work, just an item with what resources you need to make something?

Have you considered possibly making the blueprints item able to be used and added to a spellbook? This would prevent you from having to carry around the blueprint when you need room for more items, or having to write it down, etc.

Another thing you could do would be to make the blue print open a quest in the quest menu with the information about it when it's used or picked up that way everyone has the blueprint.

Anyways good luck! This map sounds fun and I look foward to seeing future updates.

Level 2
So how will the blue prints work, just an item with what resources you need to make something?

Have you considered possibly making the blueprints item able to be used and added to a spellbook? This would prevent you from having to carry around the blueprint when you need room for more items, or having to write it down, etc.

Another thing you could do would be to make the blue print open a quest in the quest menu with the information about it when it's used or picked up that way everyone has the blueprint.

Anyways good luck! This map sounds fun and I look foward to seeing future updates.
He could use a recipe system and say you dont need to carry around the blueprints as they would only show what items would be needed to make,afterwards you could drop it or whatever.

Just a suggestion.

Level 19
Ill help you :) im pretty good at GUI / Blueprints and crap. dont expect me to do multiboards tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.