• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombie Invasion [Strategy]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Aight, its a new map im making... since all of my other maps are progressing really well and i decided to make a map based on Europe, and why not spice it up with zombies?!?!

The Teams:

There is 12 players in the game, 10 human players of Europa & Africa and 2 zombie players.

Okay, here is the players [Their Color] / Name / - / Location & Some Strategy about em.
[Red] Danish Empire - Consists of Denmark, Norway, a small part of Germany, Iceland & probly a part of England if there is place for it.
[Blue] British Empire - Consists of England, Scotland & some other places in the world.
[Teal] Sweden & Finland - Basicly, consists of sweden and Finland.
[Purple] Russia - Maybe one of the biggest Nations, I dont know.
[Yellow] Central Europa - Consists of all the countrys between Germany/Greece/Italy/Russia & Turkey, Probably the strongest player ingame, but the one that lies right up to the zombies aswell in a zombie game.
[Orange] Italy & Greece - Consists of Italy & Greece, their main focus should be to defend Greece and take the sea.
[Green] Germany - Germany.. nothing else they are not strong nor in much danger from zombies.
[Pink] France - Same as Germany, however they should focus on getting some ships.
[Gray] Afrika - Very strong but also lies right up to the zombies cut off from all allies.
[Light Blue] Spain & Portugal - Main task should be to build up in Portugal & Spain and then take down and help in Afrika.
[Dark Green] Zombie Forces - Control Iraq and those lands, and some of Turkey.
[Brown] Zombie Forces - Has some of Central Europe and some of Russia, aswell as some of Turkey

Resources:

Wood Income:
You can gain wood four ways in this game, either by chopping the trees down {Gives a small amount of wood}, Build Lumbermills to automaticly harvest wood {Gives a medium amount of wood}, capture resource points that provide wood, special lumbermills, sea resources and other things {Gives a large amount of wood} or to trade wood for gold via a Trade Market building that every player has about 1-4 of {Gives the half amount of wood as you payed with gold, Forexample you trade 200 gold and you get 100 wood}.

Gold Income
There is three ways to gain gold here, You can kill enemy units to gain more gold {Gives a small amount of gold}, capture several resource points across the map that gives gold {Gives a good amount of gold} or you can trade it via a trade market like you can with wood {Gives the half amount of wood as you payed with gold, Forexample you trade 200 wood and you get 100 gold}.

Allied Resources:
You can also trade via [F11] ingame with wood & gold.

Heroes:

There will ofcourse be heroes in the map, if i cannot find right names they will go with just "King of The Land of Win" etc.
Each hero will have six unique abilities, one innate, three available from level one max level five, one available level six max level three, and a last one available level fifthteen with one level

Units:

There is two ways on gaining units here and one extra way for the zombies.

Training Units:
You can train units at Barracks, Workshops, Church etc, it works for humans and zombies, there is many different units to choose from to set up a good army, consisting of different armor types, weapon types and so.

Spawning Units:
You will also spawn a number of units, depending on your amount of captured resources, land and so, they will however only spawn at your main base, if the main base dies you loose your spawn. Zombies has 3 main bases each, and therefor gets 6 spawns alltogether.

Modes:

There is two different modes in the game, none of which you can choose ingame but if you close the slots for zombies before the game you will start a Human VS Human game, making some stronger teams weaker to smooth out the balance, and removing the zombies completely.

You can also decide to keep the zombie slots open and do a Humans VS Zombie game, making all humans ally and fight the zombies together.

Victorys & Defeats:

Human Player Dies:
Once a human player has lost his capital he will be set with a choice, either join the zombie forces or remain on the human side if he has any humans left.

Zombies VS Humans:
To win the game for the zombies they have to defeat the humans and destroy all their capitals to win

The humans also have to destroy all of the zombies 6 capitals to win the game, aswell as the zombie generals.

Humans VS Humans:
Here it is pretty much masacre, you fight till you loose.

Commands:

Alliances & Enemies:
This only works in a Human VS Human game, you can use 3 commands.
-ally COLOR
This obviously makes you allied to the color you typed in.
-unally COLOR
Yeah, obviously aswell makes you enemy with the typed color.
-neutral COLOR
Makes you allied to a player, but not with shared vision.

Camera:
You can set on the camera doing a simple command -cam 500 {Minimum}
-cam 4000 {Maximum} you can type every number inbetween those two numbers to get the camera you want.

Progress:

Terrain: ||||||||||
Heroes: ||||||||||
Triggers: ||||||||||
Unit Data: ||||||||||
Tech-Trees: ||||||||||

Credits:

There isnt much credit yet but well, here goes nothing, these are all for models i use.
Olofmoleman
BlinkBoy
bkdud_32
HappyTauren
Illidan(Evil)X
Radagast.
Pyramidhe@d
Cavman
Mechanical Man

Makers of the current models im using, I will add more as i get more models

And here for some icons!

pkw
The_Silent
Cavman
Blizzard Entertainment

Yeah, only one as of now.

Zombie Tech-Tree:

[Spawned Zombie] - Weakest zombie ingame but can be upgraded. Only way of getting this is by killing enemy units.
[Zombie] - Next weakest zombie, good for defending bases, cheap and weak, but strong in masses.
[Skeletal Minion] - Weak melee unit, with good armor but small attack, works as an excellent tank.
[Impaler] - Weak zombie, dealing pike damage to defeat riders and alike.
[Harvester] - Basicly, it harvest wood from trees but can also be used as a warrior, sorta like the Ghoul in WC3 Melee.
[Walking Dead] - Medium melee zombie unit, a stronger version of the normal zombie.
[Mutant] - Medium melee zombie, a stronger version of the normal zombie.
[Skeletal Archer] - Weak ranged zombie unit, good at the start of the game and to support in the back.
[Spitter] - Taken from some of the other Zombie Invasion map, but a good name, medium ranged unit.
[Crawling Dead] - Heavy ranged mounted unit, fast in moving forward and good for hit n' run tactics.
[Death Bringer] - Heavy melee mounted unit, fast in moving forward and good for hit n' run tactics.
[Vampire] - Heavy melee unit, dealing lots of damage and can turn into a bat to fly fast and above water.
[Insurgent] - Strong Melee unit, has several support abilities to help the zombies prevail, can also summon a number of zombies from corpses.
[Flesh Titan] - Strongest living dead ever seen walking on the face of the earth, has splash damage, high amount of hit point and heavy damage, but takes long time to train and costs a lot.
[Shade] - Cheap unit, has true sight and can be upgraded to get permanent invisiblity, works perfect as a scout.

Screenshots:

Here, an overview of the current map, it still needs a lot of work on it and some better shaping here and there, but overall i think i did Europa kinda well. Comments on what and how to improve it would be great.
A-39.jpg

And here is a Danish settlement up in Norway, if you got ideas on how to improve it, tell me.
A-38.jpg

Picture of the most likely base for the zombies to attack in the start, its already under attack!
A1-10.jpg

The likelihood of my hero surviving is one out of a million!
A2-6.jpg

THATS for my hero!
A3-4.jpg

Last edited:
Level 6
pkw@
Thx, im working on it a lot, hoping to get it out within a 30 days or so.

Steel_Stallion@
Nop, im not gonna make some walls and them just let people upgrade their technology till they get retarded machine guns, this will stay in the same time and it will have strategy over it, naval combat and alot of different units as i said, different armor types.

oh and no, i wont make zombies with 10k hp.

Level 6
Indeed :p
I map way more then i play, i map for the fun. I wanted to make a zombie invasion style map for quite some time.

Oh and i just have 4 1/4
and one is 80% done and the two others is released and the last, im working on it with another, his doing most of the work, im just doing a the heroes abilities.

lets not get off-topic, Rui constructive critism please :p

Level 9
The terrain looks pretty good and accurate, though I'd say all the islands are a little big in comparison to the continental nations.

Any information on what kinds of units there will be? Anything special to make combat not just attack-moving?

Level 6
Well, the units are under progress, however there will be some different tech trees for humans, such as civilized, babarian, arabain and some others, each human will be able to choose one of these tech trees, adding more variety.

Edit:
Also, about the isles i agree, they are big, but if they are not big they just can have nothing on them >.>

Units are not that big either, their size is gonna be betwen 0.60-0.75 and with a fitting collision size.

Added the current Zombie Tech Tree.

Double Edit:
Okay, updated first post, added/edited some zombie units, updated the world map & added an extra screenshot.

Level 3
I think he is saying about the crawling part and the mounted part, unless i've missed something aswell.

Level 6
Hey, I made more progress, and im about 50% finished with zombie tech tree, after that I'm going to work on the heroes, I also remade england and France+adding some stuff here and there, rivers, mountains etc.

I will show an overview of the newer progress later today.

Also updated the first post with 3 new ingame pictures, you can also view them here.
Picture of the most likely base for the zombies to attack in the start, its already under attack!
A1-10.jpg

The likelihood of my hero surviving is one out of a million!
A2-6.jpg

THATS for my hero!
A3-4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.