• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombie Hunter 3 v 4.1

Zombie Hunter 3

by Xthreo

RATE IT

What's new ?!:

Check ou the New Zombie Hunter 3 Reforged !

Version 4.1

• Introducing.... SAVE/LOAD SYSTEM (obtain your save code after entering the second friendly village)
  • New Zombie Hunter model
  • Revamped cinematics and UI to fit widescreen
  • Fourth boss fight reworked
  • Knockback ability has now AoE
  • Poisonous bullet now actually slows movement speed
  • New enemies types to improve gameplay sensation
  • Lots of other tweeks

Map Description (for new players):

The game is based on Zombie hunter 1 and 2 (by Gravit)

It's a skill-based game (hit and run), and very challenging: You control one hero who is often one shot-killed.

After Jaeden's death, the story continues in this third episode of Zombie Hunter; a small group of reknowed hunters are heading to frozen lands where strange creatures were reported. Try to survive through this challenging adventure full of secrets, creatures and ruled by bosses worthy of their title. This third episode includes of new items, new upgrades, soundtracks and customized boss fights. A real challenge for ZH fans because of its difficulty, as the other Zombie Hunter games were. Thank you Gravit for your games!

I'll be grateful if you could tell me EVERY SINGLE mistakes you can observe (spelling mistakes too- my first language isn't english).
Comment it, rate it, I'd love to improve my skills in map making.

171510-albums5092-picture51496.gif

171510-albums5092-picture61455.jpg

171510-albums5092-picture51497.gif

171510-albums5092-picture51498.gif

171510-albums5092-picture51499.gif

171510-albums5092-picture51500.gif

• Introducing.... MASTERIES (10 new spells to choose from while upgrading your Hunter)
  • Also introducing Souls!
  • New side quests, mobs and items
  • Revamped storyline and cinematics
  • Third and final boss fight reworked
  • new randomized areas to increase replayability
  • More NPCs
  • More bugs fixed
  • The resurrection bug after a player leaves is fixed
  • Double Gold item now actually doubles the gold earned by coins
  • All souls can be targeted by siphon mana
  • Caring Spirit's ultimate is nerfed
  • Other minor bugs fixed

• Added an after death system
  • Added a rage mode to the Third Boss
  • Balanced third boss fight (chain lightning aoe reduced, ect..)
  • Third Boss can no longer pass through fire.
  • Checkpoint after Cursed Lands added
  • Bounty of Tier 2 and 3 units increased.
  • Movement speed of tier 2 and 3 units decreased
  • Some hidden items displaced
  • Added alternative messages for single player mode
  • UI Fixed
  • Added "Player skipped the cinematic" message in multiplayer.
  • Fire traps fixed
  • Added new items and edited old ones to match the modern warfare theme
  • Added minor quests
  • Added names to NPCs
  • File size reduced
  • Terrain improved (number of destructibles reduced, some areas modified)
  • Other minors improvements

• Fixed some typo
  • Replaced the ice wall of the second boss entrance with fire
  • Removed the cinematic of the Third Boss!!
  • Reversed the Flare's and Grenade's hotkeys
  • Fixed the non-looping music lag
  • Slightly reduced the AoE of Frost Revenant's Apparition
  • Slightly reduced the attack range of tier 2 and 3 melee units
  • Balanced Cold Shadow's stats
  • Added some Pathing Blockers

• Added Gravit to the admin list
  • Fixed all bugs relative to cinematic (death and camera)
  • Reduced damage of wretched
  • Fixed the music and leveling-up lags
  • Moved some resurrection stones to avoid an inevitable death after respawn
  • Fix the Flare's and the lever's bug
  • Added a Tip to prevent players from leaving after dying 3 times
  • Fixed an issue where player 6 couldn't revive

• Flare's cooldown now depends on number of players
  • Hotkeys of every abilities changed
  • Cooldown of every active abilities now mentioned in description
  • "Rifle" and "Vision" upgrades combinated
  • First and second boss cinematics polished
  • Fourth boss fight now depends on number of players
  • Sunwell's Animation fixed
  • One admin added to the admin list
  • Some leaks removed

• Second boss fixed
  • Game over Camera fixed
  • Difficulty reduced
  • Multiboard added
  • The disappeared Initialization Trigger in v.2.0 is back

• Every bugs reported since today are fixed (including the "picking item" bug)
  • 2 hidden items added
  • Difficulty System (based on number of players) added
  • Difficulty slightly reduced
  • Reputation system is effective
  • No more cheat detection system (way too laggy)

Special thanks to:
-CRAZYRUSSIAN!!!! For its awesome Freezing title
-The Reaper, for its Bloodmage skin
-Gar'nogal, for its Rifleman skin
-Afronight_76, for its Dreadlord skin AND for its Lich skin
-Dionesiist, for its Ghoul skin
-Hueter, for its Abomination skin
-Just_Spectating, for its faceless skin which perfectly fits with General Frank's model :p
-13lur, for its Footman skin
-ANdROnIQ, for its Grenade icon
-FrIkY, for its Rifleman icon
-tee.dubs, for its Chainsaw icon AND super model
-The_Silent, for its Rifle icon
-Illidan(Evil)X, for its Grenade model
-Peekay, for its Volcano Ashes model
-MeteORA, for its Hat model (that I edited)
-DonDustin, for its Icecrown Revenant model
-Inico, for its Shimmering Portal model
-Ket, for its Potion model
-General Frank, for its 4-legged Faceless model
-WILL THE ALMIGHTY, for its Explosion model
-Kitabatake, for its Light Orb model
-And of course, Konstrukt, our modern warfare expert, for its Sniper and Shotgun Missile model

-map protected-
RATE IT

CURRENT VERSION 4.1 IS AVAILABLE ON entgaming.net !!

Keywords:
zombie, zombies, hunter, survival, hit and run, ice, nothren, dark, magic, storyline, gun, guns, modern warfare, shooter, rpg, multiplayer
Contents

Zombie Hunter 3 v4.1 (Map)

Reviews
23:40, 25th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved Comment
Level 9
i dont understand ryusora because i dled the map before u answered him and no progblem with 1 slot only, i played in multi.

The problem is, in multi public i played two times until the portal boss but now if i want to go further, i must redo everything with noobies who got killed early, it's boring :x

And what are those levers used for ? it's new from 2.2.2 ?

Level 4
1 - I dont know what to do with the key that the second boss drops. i drag it to the door in the top but not hapenned...
2- Levers in the cave in the area of first bos?????
3- BUG????? the spider shrine... the spider appears and when i kill it they split in 2 and that is infinite...

Level 10
i dont understand ryusora because i dled the map before u answered him and no progblem with 1 slot only, i played in multi.

The problem is, in multi public i played two times until the portal boss but now if i want to go further, i must redo everything with noobies who got killed early, it's boring :x

I'm not sure to fully understand you... Ryusora detected a problem I created in version 2.2.1 after fixing the bug you found in version 2.2. Now everything is under control.
Try to play it in single payer mode, you might go further.

And what are those levers used for ? it's new from 2.2.2 ?

What levers are you talking about? Those in the cave? I added them long ago. But I just tried them and their not working, they're fixed in version 2.2.3

1 - I dont know what to do with the key that the second boss drops. i drag it to the door in the top but not hapenned...
2- Levers in the cave in the area of first bos?????
3- BUG????? the spider shrine... the spider appears and when i kill it they split in 2 and that is infinite...

1-The golden key opens the crypt nearby the second boss area (check minimap it's a revealed zone
2- Yeah it's a hidden area (that wasn't working since version 2.2.3). One lever kills you, another one gives you gold, and the third one gives you.... a secret item!
3- Damned you're good to find secret Items! Yes spiders are infinite, (so don't kill them), but the first one drops.... haven't you noticed something?

This map is increadible

I appreciate

Level 4
I'm not sure to fully understand you... Ryusora detected a problem I created in version 2.2.1 after fixing the bug you found in version 2.2. Now everything is under control.
Try to play it in single payer mode, you might go further.

What levers are you talking about? Those in the cave? I added them long ago. But I just tried them and their not working, they're fixed in version 2.2.3

1-The golden key opens the crypt nearby the second boss area (check minimap it's a revealed zone
2- Yeah it's a hidden area (that wasn't working since version 2.2.3). One lever kills you, another one gives you gold, and the third one gives you.... a secret item!
3- Damned you're good to find secret Items! Yes spiders are infinite, (so don't kill them), but the first one drops.... haven't you noticed something?

I appreciate

Thank you for the fast answer and the amazing map!!!

Level 2
Map is cool. Is there a way to fix that bug with camera it's so annoying and too much players got killed before they to be able to press Page Up to fix their view.
Thanks

Level 2
when this bug with camera occurs? Is it after a cinematic, does it occurs all the time, more than once in a game? I never heard about it actually!

Right after cinematics. And when i tried to enter where is second boss the cinematics start and my hero returned ... and ice shards was infront me ... i was outside ... cant get boss and needed to restart :)

Tri

Tri

Level 2
Right after cinematics. And when i tried to enter where is second boss the cinematics start and my hero returned ... and ice shards was infront me ... i was outside ... cant get boss and needed to restart :)

first I guess I have to say, yeah I feel so late in the game now lol....

But I agree... its happened to me over and over and over again no matter what I do, the Ice shards keep stopping me from going in... I put down my laptop, for about 5 minute to go smoke a cig, and I came back and they were down. :-/ and whats even stranger the monsters (boss) wasn't there... so I continued on.

After a bit, I got to where the Linch was, and through out the cinematic, the linch was attacking my character lol... made me laugh a bit but than the whole thing crashed on me... Tried it about 5 times after that and same thing each time...

And one last thing, I have to admit I've played a few "zombie" kill games for Wc3... and you my friend did one hell of a job :)

Last edited:
Level 10
first I guess I have to say, yeah I feel so late in the game now lol....

But I agree... its happened to me over and over and over again no matter what I do, the Ice shards keep stopping me from going in... I put down my laptop, for about 5 minute to go smoke a cig, and I came back and they were down. :-/ and whats even stranger the monsters (boss) wasn't there... so I continued on.

After a bit, I got to where the Linch was, and through out the cinematic, the linch was attacking my character lol... made me laugh a bit but than the whole thing crashed on me... Tried it about 5 times after that and same thing each time...

And one last thing, I have to admit I've played a few "zombie" kill games for Wc3... and you my friend did one hell of a job :)

Yes the third boss was lagging after of the creation of the quest (so i deleted it), and I added an anti-lag trigger for that second boss to be sure it will never lag again. Thx for the kind words and your precious help!!!

Tri

Tri

Level 2
So far lad great job, the bug isn't happening anymore for the second boss.
The other bug that happen when the cinematic was going on is gone as well :)

only problem now my friend is, is that the game still crashes right after the cinematic.
Something about, not able to 'read' a certain memory :-/

Unsure but I hope it helps. Let me know when its fixed, I'll be happy to keep testing.

Love the map lad, keep up the great work

Level 10
So far lad great job, the bug isn't happening anymore for the second boss.
The other bug that happen when the cinematic was going on is gone as well :)

only problem now my friend is, is that the game still crashes right after the cinematic.
Something about, not able to 'read' a certain memory :-/

Unsure but I hope it helps. Let me know when its fixed, I'll be happy to keep testing.

Love the map lad, keep up the great work

The cinematic of the second boss now crashes?!

Tri

Tri

Level 2
The cinematic of the second boss now crashes?!

Not the Cinematic, the cinematic is great. No lag, no bugs. Its after the cinematic, that's when it crashes. Something about it can't 'read' a certain memory.

And not the 2nd boss cinematic, its after the 3rd boss... its right before you fight the Linch I believe

Level 10
Its nice that you are updating this for time to time .XD

It's because I wanna to have a bug-free version of the map before reaching the 10 000 downloads and releasing a new map xD.

Not the Cinematic, the cinematic is great. No lag, no bugs. Its after the cinematic, that's when it crashes. Something about it can't 'read' a certain memory.

And not the 2nd boss cinematic, its after the 3rd boss... its right before you fight the Linch I believe

Finally I removed the entire cinematic because random actions were making it crash as "turn cinematic off for all players"... Now it's playable.

Tri

Tri

Level 2
Ran great lad, all the way to the end except those 2 things I sent you a message about. Other than that lol great job ^_^ 5/5

Tri

Tri

Level 2
I'll be rating it as soon as this 10 day thing is over ^_^ and no problem on the rep point, you deserved it lad

Level 1
I got the problem after passing ice sea and then taking Book of Ultimate Black Sorcery. I dont know where to go and how to climb the cliff in the middle of the map ?

Level 3
Hi, I have an issue with the map. After I kill the demon boss and destroy the portal in the iceland, I pick up the golden key but nothing happens. The ice gate at the bottom stays closed and I don't know what to do. Would you please tell me how to continue the map? Great job, btw ;)

Level 10
Hi, I have an issue with the map. After I kill the demon boss and destroy the portal in the iceland, I pick up the golden key but nothing happens. The ice gate at the bottom stays closed and I don't know what to do. Would you please tell me how to continue the map? Great job, btw ;)
Sorry that's a bug, the ice gate should be destroyed, the golden key allows you to enter the crypt nearby. This bug will be fix in the next version (3.0)

Can this be played alone?
Yes, you'll have more experience, more cash and an extra life.

Level 1
Hi!

Thanks a lot Xtrheo for this great game. I played it a lot even if i still can't figure it out how to finish it. I'll rate it maximal as soon as i manage to see the end!

Level 10
Hi!

Thanks a lot Xtrheo for this great game. I played it a lot even if i still can't figure it out how to finish it. I'll rate it maximal as soon as i manage to see the end!

I'm glad you apreciate it and thanks for your comment. If you're not able to finish it, please tell me where you're stucked and I'll help you out. Though I received a lot of complains about the difficulty after the cursed lands, this is why I am balancing the map for the next major update (v3.0) Good luck pukutak!

Level 10
Its hard to solo you need to be multiplayer cuz slow shooting and so many zombies but i get killed...3/5

Well in my opinion it's easier in solo mode when it's about killing zombies. Simply because you have more gold, more kills, all the items for you. This game isn't only shooting, you can actually manage the movements of zombies; Find spots where you can lose zombies (turn around a tree, flee, etc...) Zombies will stop attacking you if you stop attacking them, that way can kill a horde of zombies one at the time.
-In multiplayer it's hard to coordinate your attacks of you don't communicate. Though it's a shame since strategy is possible but unused.-

Still getting killed? Try this, choose Net as first ability, upgrade your health and damage. Take your time when it comes to kill zombies and use your brain. That should make it.

Level 2
Cool, a new version's out, and still I'm not done with the last one lol. Guess I'll try finishing this version instead.

Anyway, I have a few bugs to report and suggestions to make from the previous version. Since I'm not really sure if they have been fixed on this upgrade, I'll list em anyway just in case I end up encountering them again on this one, and promptly edit out those I don't encounter on my runs on the new version:

1. The chainsaw's got a bug where it can't be activated again after it's been activated once, even if it has fully cooled down. Only solution to this is to drop the item and repick it after it has cooled down, which is a bit troublesome if caught up in the middle of a very heated boss fight.

2. Died twice on two different runs in the middle of the Seth Boss cutscene due to both the ghoul creeps and my sadly-uncontrollable-in-the-middle-of-the-cutscene hunter not pausing properly in the middle of said cutscene. I guess you could already imagine why I still haven't finished this map lol.

3. Speaking of cutscenes, I got several fatal errors when skipping certain cutscenes, namely the one before the portal boss. Not sure what causes it, but perhaps it's because my hunter happens to be in the way of the blue fire that's supposed to be blocking the exit whenever I press ESC to skip it.

4. And speaking of blue fire, for some unknown reason I somehow managed to trigger the battle with the Lich boss while OUTSIDE the blue fire circle during one of my runs. Nothing special, as I promptly died a few seconds after (not sure why or how, either), but seeing as how all the items I've managed to collect so far dropped outside the circle when I died, I stood very little chance against the boss during that particular run.

5. I found the kraken boss a bit too easy to beat with the ship's extended range, awesome splash damage, and rapid-fire capability. Holding at just outside the maximum cannon range, I was able to bring him down in less than a minute just spamming the cannon and hitting him with the splash, and the tentacles he summoned weren't able to hit me at all. Perhaps you could lessen the range and/or the splash damage of the ships to make him more of a challenge?

Well, that's that for the bug reports and the suggestions. Love the map, love the terrain (it captures the ambience of a spooky zombie-themed game) love the music (sounds vaguely familiar, but I can't place it), love the challenge (especially on solo LAN), and love the story (at least, what I managed to reach so far). I just hope and pray I could finish it properly this time lol.

Level 10
Cool, a new version's out, and still I'm not done with the last one lol. Guess I'll try finishing this version instead.

Anyway, I have a few bugs to report and suggestions to make from the previous version. Since I'm not really sure if they have been fixed on this upgrade, I'll list em anyway just in case I end up encountering them again on this one, and promptly edit out those I don't encounter on my runs on the new version:

1. The chainsaw's got a bug where it can't be activated again after it's been activated once, even if it has fully cooled down. Only solution to this is to drop the item and repick it after it has cooled down, which is a bit troublesome if caught up in the middle of a very heated boss fight.

2. Died twice on two different runs in the middle of the Seth Boss cutscene due to both the ghoul creeps and my sadly-uncontrollable-in-the-middle-of-the-cutscene hunter not pausing properly in the middle of said cutscene. I guess you could already imagine why I still haven't finished this map lol.

3. Speaking of cutscenes, I got several fatal errors when skipping certain cutscenes, namely the one before the portal boss. Not sure what causes it, but perhaps it's because my hunter happens to be in the way of the blue fire that's supposed to be blocking the exit whenever I press ESC to skip it.

4. And speaking of blue fire, for some unknown reason I somehow managed to trigger the battle with the Lich boss while OUTSIDE the blue fire circle during one of my runs. Nothing special, as I promptly died a few seconds after (not sure why or how, either), but seeing as how all the items I've managed to collect so far dropped outside the circle when I died, I stood very little chance against the boss during that particular run.

5. I found the kraken boss a bit too easy to beat with the ship's extended range, awesome splash damage, and rapid-fire capability. Holding at just outside the maximum cannon range, I was able to bring him down in less than a minute just spamming the cannon and hitting him with the splash, and the tentacles he summoned weren't able to hit me at all. Perhaps you could lessen the range and/or the splash damage of the ships to make him more of a challenge?

Well, that's that for the bug reports and the suggestions. Love the map, love the terrain (it captures the ambience of a spooky zombie-themed game) love the music (sounds vaguely familiar, but I can't place it), love the challenge (especially on solo LAN), and love the story (at least, what I managed to reach so far). I just hope and pray I could finish it properly this time lol.

FINALLY A REAL CRITIC!
Thanks StaticMan for taking the time to post your comments and suggestions, I really appreciate it.

1. I was indeed aware of that bug and since I'm still trying to fix it, I might just remove this item causing me too much trouble.

2. Are you talking of the final boss cutscene, just to confirm (because Seth appears in 90% of the cutscences) If yes, I can't figure out how a ghoul can kill you since they're far away of the final area. Anyway I am currently working on the final boss fight to be more responsive of the hunters' actions and not simply enchain its abilities. In general I had many complaints of dying people after/during cutscenes and it should be fixed in this version.

3. Yeah damned fatal errors. I had to remove the entire 3rd boss cinematic for that reason in previous version. Though I barely edited the cutscene of the portal boss (just few camera adjustments, etc...) I wasn't aware of that fatal error and I'm going to see what I can do. Do you have any idea if it occurs also in multiplayer?

4. I found out the Lich was sometimes going out the fire circle, but a player triggering the fight outside the circle.. WTF! Well it will be fixed in next version with an additional trigger, no problem for that.

5. I agree with you, the Kraken is easy to kill. I was wondering if boat's controls weren't to hard to manipulate but apparently they are not. Perfect then, I'm going to spice things up!

Thanks again for your criticism
+Rep, I don't have this opportunity often. Good luck with your next run.
And here's the music list:
-Base theme : Resident Evil Extinction Main Theme
-First Boss : Trolls in the Dark (Rhapsody)
-Seconf Boss : God Of War 2 Final Boss Music
-Third Boss : A New Order (Prototype Soundtrack)
-Fourth Boss : Also a Prototype Soundtrack but can't remember which one, maybe Memory In Death.
-Final Boss : I don't remember xD

Level 6
Well I have completed the game in single player and I have to point a few things.

1. Bugs:

a. The chainsaw ability is bugged as StaticMan said above.

b. When fightting against the lich boss sometimes it passes through fire and
never comes back unless you seek him outside.

c. You can use the chainsaw ability to pass through fire.

d. Sometimes when you load, specially if you save during the battle against
the lich boss, a fatal error occurs.

e. When you open the portal to the last zone of the map, after entering you appear
in the boss chamber, or on the cliffs at the south of the zone where you
should be transported.

f. The final boss kills you every time during the cinematic scene, you have to skip
it or you die.

g. The camera sometimes remains in a weird angle after the cinematic of the
last boss and you have to fix it manually.

i. I don't know if its intended but the last boss tends to leave the battlezone
when he is teleporting like crazy as well as other times.

j. The statues in the chamber of the final boss begin floating around when you
attack them or when they are set on fire by either you or the boss, you should
make them invulnerable and set their status "Targeted as" and "Classification"
to "Ward" in the editor to avoid that.

k. When you kill Seth the angle of the camera makes the gate at the entrance
block your sight of the scene after entering cinematic mode.

l. When you die and you are supposed to go to the spirit realm you enter
cinematic mode but the game doesn't resset to its normal view, so you cannot
do anything at all, not even go to the main menu and load or quit the game.

2. Observations and Recommendations:

a. Sometimes the dialogues are dull, like when Seth says "I don't have time for
dumbasses" it kills the mood for me, it would better if you put
insects/fools/scum instead of dumbasses. Improve the vocabulary in the
dialogues.

b. The fight with the kraken is too easy, as StaticMan said.

c. The lich boss is the most annoying boss of all, you should do something about
him, I know that probably you want it to be difficult, but is to damn annoying.
All I do in that battle is walking in circles for ages, then I use the chainsaw
ability, then ensnare, grenade and any other damage item, and then I have
to start walking in circles again until the cooldown of chainsaw is over. It was
harder to beat than the final boss and much more annoying. A good boss
fight should be hard as well as dynamic, like the final bosses of "Rise of the
Gigantes" another map here at the hive. Also the ability of this boss that turns
damage into life is meh, it only prolonges the annoying battle making it
brutally boring I would prefer some deadly spell or something that made
things more difficult like setting the ground on fire or summoning a fire orb
that follows you. The attack cooldown of the lich boss is extremely low, so you
have to be running all the time and it makes no difference when it begins
attacking super fast, you should increase its cooldown and I also think that
you should increase the attack cooldown of the final boss a little bit, and
you could give him the frenzy ability, for it to have a period of superfast
attack forcing the player to run.

d. The best boss fights for me are the ones against the zombie gorilla and the demon
portal, although the zombie gorilla is a bit easy. It would be nice if it had
the frenzy ability with a low duration and a big cooldown so you have to
counter it with ensnare, making it a bit more difficult.

e. I think it would be nice if instead of the cloak of flames you created an item
with the phoenix fire ability, like some sort of automatic attack, it would be
very nice against the bosses and it will be much more useful than the cloak of
flames. It would also be nice if you made a default ability with phoenix fire for
the hero with a low primary damage and no secondary damage.

f. You should use an item charge system, in a way that each time you pick an
item of the same type that has charges, the charges ar added to the
previous one in the inventory, rather than carrying multiple items of the same
type it would be more efficient and pleasant for the player.

g. I would like that the hero's max hitpoints where increased by a very small
fraction so they would increase eventually as you level up it would be better
than increasing them only by buying the upgrade at the workshop.

h. It is also very annoying when you die and you drop your items where you
died, specially when you are fighting a boss.

i. After destroying the demon portal and getting the gold key, you should inform the player
about the mausoleum at the south and ping point it in the minimap because is not to intuitive
and you can spend a lot of time searching for it, you could also display a message when a
player passes nearby the mausoleum, to let him know is an entrance to some other place and
not just a random doodad. Personally, I think that it would be better if you put nothing there
(where the entrance to the next zone is right now) and after destroying the demon portal you
create another portal in the same zone where the boss was, or it can be the mausoleum
entrance and you can make it appear in that zone.

3. Closing comments:

Pros: The game is quite nice, it has a descent terrain, a good variety of enemies
and challenges to face, great music as well as nice models, skins and some
custom spells.

Cons: The dialogues are bit dull, due to the vocabulary, although its a minor
issue. The game has several bugs that haven't been solved yet. The fight
against the lich boss is as hard as boring and the battle against the last boss is
a bit too hard, since it has a ranged attack and it attacks very fast. His
attacks and spells kills you with one hit, and sometimes you can't dodge his
spells.

Rating: 4/5

Last edited:
Level 10
OMG LOOK AT THIS COMMENT ! +REP!!!
Well thx Plasma Boy, I shall add you in the admin list in next version, if you have a special request for your unique spell/bonus, please let me know !
Well I have completed the game in single player and I have to point a few things.

1. Bugs:

a. The chainsaw ability is bugged as StaticMan said above.

b. When fightting against the lich boss sometimes it passes through fire and
never comes back unless you seek him outside.

c. You can use the chainsaw ability to pass through fire.

d. Sometimes when you load, specially if you save during the battle against
the lich boss, a fatal error occurs.

e. When you open the portal to the last zone of the map, after entering you appear
in the boss chamber, or on the cliffs at the south of the zone where you
should be transported.

f. The final boss kills you every time during the cinematic scene, you have to skip
it or you die.

g. The camera sometimes remains in a weird angle after the cinematic of the
last boss and you have to fix it manually.

i. I don't know if its intended but the last boss tends to leave the battlezone
when he is teleporting like crazy as well as other times.

j. The statues in the chamber of the final boss begin floating around when you
attack them or when they are set on fire by either you or the boss, you should
make them invulnerable and set their status "Targeted as" and "Classification"
to "Ward" in the editor to avoid that.

k. When you kill Seth the angle of the camera makes the gate at the entrance
block your sight of the scene after entering cinematic mode.

l. When you die and you are supposed to go to the spirit realm you enter
cinematic mode but the game doesn't resset to its normal view, so you cannot
do anything at all, not even go to the main menu and load or quit the game.

a. Fixed in version 3.1
b. This was supposed to be fixed in this version... I'm checking this out...
c. Since it gives invulnerability, I bet you can. I'm looking for a solution.
d. I never tried to load it, I'll just suggest player to save before boss fights.
e. eh... How did I even miss that one -.- It's fixed now.
f. Also fixed
g. I'm editing the cameras for different cinematics
(no h.)
i. No it's not intended, though I'm changing the entire fight system of the last boss
j. Fixed
k. Also in progress (for same reason as i.)
l. Well the spirit realm should be available in single player mode.... I probably just forgot to disable it.

2. Observations and Recommendations:

a. Sometimes the dialogues are dull, like when Seth says "I don't have time for
dumbasses" it kills the mood for me, it would better if you put
insects/fools/scum instead of dumbasses. Improve the vocabulary in the
dialogues.

b. The fight with the kraken is too easy, as StaticMan said.

c. The lich boss is the most annoying boss of all, you should do something about
him, I know that probably you want it to be difficult, but is to damn annoying.
All I do in that battle is walking in circles for ages, then I use the chainsaw
ability, then ensnare, grenade and any other damage item, and then I have
to start walking in circles again until the cooldown of chainsaw is over. It was
harder to beat than the final boss and much more annoying. A good boss
fight should be hard as well as dynamic, like the final bosses of "Rise of the
Gigantes" another map here at the hive. Also the ability of this boss that turns
damage into life is meh, it only prolonges the annoying battle making it
brutally boring I would prefer some deadly spell or something that made
things more difficult like setting the ground on fire or summoning a fire orb
that follows you. The attack cooldown of the lich boss is extremely low, so you
have to be running all the time and it makes no difference when it begins
attacking super fast, you should increase its cooldown and I also think that
you should increase the attack cooldown of the final boss a little bit, and
you could give him the frenzy ability, for it to have a period of superfast
attack forcing the player to run.

d. The best boss fights for me are the ones against the zombie gorilla and the demon
portal, although the zombie gorilla is a bit easy. It would be nice if it had
the frenzy ability with a low duration and a big cooldown so you have to
counter it with ensnare, making it a bit more difficult.

e. I think it would be nice if instead of the cloak of flames you created an item
with the phoenix fire ability, like some sort of automatic attack, it would be
very nice against the bosses and it will be much more useful than the cloak of
flames. It would also be nice if you made a default ability with phoenix fire for
the hero with a low primary damage and no secondary damage.

f. You should use an item charge system, in a way that each time you pick an
item of the same type that has charges, the charges ar added to the
previous one in the inventory, rather than carrying multiple items of the same
type it would be more efficient and pleasant for the player.

g. I would like that the hero's max hitpoints where increased by a very small
fraction so they would increase eventually as you level up it would be better
than increasing them only by buying the upgrade at the workshop.

h. It is also very annoying when you die and you drop your items where you
died, specially when you are fighting a boss.

i. After destroying the demon portal and getting the gold key, you should inform the player
about the mausoleum at the south and ping point it in the minimap because is not to intuitive
and you can spend a lot of time searching for it, you could also display a message when a
player passes nearby the mausoleum, to let him know is an entrance to some other place and
not just a random doodad. Personally, I think that it would be better if you put nothing there
(where the entrance to the next zone is right now) and after destroying the demon portal you
create another portal in the same zone where the boss was, or it can be the mausoleum
entrance and you can make it appear in that zone.

a. I totaly agree with you, english isn't my first language and I really need to improve it. If you have any other suggestions of better script, please let me know.
b. I'm working on it
c. The lich Boss is supposed to be the "anti-multiplayer" boss and this is why he's more annoying in solo. Though I'll change the ability of the boss that turns damage into life to some return damage spell. I'll also increase it's cooldown and try to make the fight more dynamic in solo mode.
d. I don't want to change the first boss difficulty because I'm doing something else, though I can't say more since it's the 3.1 surprise.
e. Do you mean the cloak of Ice? I don't remember putting a cloak of flame. Anyway each version will add new items, I'm working now on some new.
f. Since Gravit didn't use this system for its Zombie Hunter 1 and 2 maps, I wanted to keep the same concept. Though I might add one for solo mode.
g. No i'm sorry but I won't do that...
h. This was also an idea of Gravit so I kept it. Though I will remove it for solo mode.
i. The mausoleum is already pinged after the second boss (the area is also revealed). Though I will add a message when you come close to it.

3. Closing comments:

Pros: The game is quite nice, it has a descent terrain, a good variety of enemies
and challenges to face, great music as well as nice models, skins and some
custom spells.

Cons: The dialogues are bit dull, due to the vocabulary, although its a minor
issue. The game has several bugs that haven't been solved yet. The fight
against the lich boss is as hard as boring and the battle against the last boss is
a bit too hard, since it has a ranged attack and it attacks very fast. His
attacks and spells kills you with one hit, and sometimes you can't dodge his
spells.

Thanks for your opinion and as I said, if you can help me with dialogues I would really appreciate. I'm always balancing the game, this is why your comments are important

Rating: 4/5
Please rate it in the main page

Level 6
Ok, about the dialogues I'm willing to help you, but I must confess that english is not my first language either, but I think I might be helpful anyway. You can send me an unprotected version of the map or a document with the dialogues, so I can present you my corrections or alternatives.

I really meant cloak of flames, never saw the cloak of ice you mention.

The reason why I rate it in my comment was to let you about my evaluation of the map, but also, because for some unknown reason, when I click in the option to rate the map, it doesn't works. I'll give it the proper rating once this gets solved.

Last edited:
Level 10
-OMG 13K DOWNLOADS-
!THANK YOU GUYS!
-At 15K I will present you my second (quite more ambitious) project-

Ok, about the dialogues I'm willing to help you, but I must confess that english is not my first language either, but I think I might be helpful anyway. You can send me an unprotected version of the map or a document with the dialogues, so I can present you my corrections or alternatives.

I really meant cloak of fire, never saw the cloak of ice you mention.

The reason why I rate it in my comment was to let you about my evaluation of the map, but also, because for some unknown reason, when I click in the option to rate the map, it doesn't works. I'll give it the proper rating once this gets solved.

Now as an answer, I will send you the dialogues. For the cloak of flames, please tell me where you find it I shall remove it immediatly! The cloak of ice is a secret item (so hidden xD)

Level 6
Well I was wrong about the name of the item, I checked again and is not cloak of fire, is cloack of flames. After leaving the town where you meet the lich boss, you enter a forest zone traveling north west, right at the end of that zone when you are about to enter a new icy zone, theres a bunch of tree at north of that part, right before entering the icy zone and between the trees there is a box, when you destroy the box a gold coin will appear as well as the "cloak of flames", I think that was meant to be the cloak of ice you mention, because it was pretty hidden, I only found it by mistake.

Level 10
Well I was wrong about the name of the item, I checked again and is not cloak of fire, is cloack of flames. After leaving the town where you meet the lich boss, you enter a forest zone traveling north west, right at the end of that zone when you are about to enter a new icy zone, theres a bunch of tree at north of that part, right before entering the icy zone and between the trees there is a box, when you destroy the box a gold coin will appear as well as the "cloak of flames", I think that was meant to be the cloak of ice you mention, because it was pretty hidden, I only found it by mistake.

Ok I'll replace it by something else, but no it's not the cloak of ice. Hint: you can find the Cloak of ice much earlier in the game.

Level 6
I found the cloak of ice, finally. It's funny because it does exactly the same thing that the cloak of flames, 10 damage per sec to nearby enemies, but is not useful unless you have the chainsaw, because if two creeps get to close to you and attack they will probably kill you unless they miss, but thats not for sure. I think that the best item so far is the chainsaw, because of the invulnerabilty effect and the gauntlets that boost your attack damage by 4, well and if you have the chainsaw and any of the cloaks it creates a nice combo.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
You mean your kills (lumber) are reduced when enemy zombies hit your dead rifleman?
This isn't supposed to happen. (they shouldn't even hit your dead hunter)
I'm checking this out.
No I meant that it's hard to reach 500 dead zombie kills because if they hit the player the number of gathered kills is reduced by the number of hits.