• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombie footman

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
dear all this is a unit i made for a map im working on, its about the start of the scourge and the downfall of the silverhand. the story behind this unit is when a footman falls he gets raised as an undead.

check it out and tell me your opinion on it. you dont have to use the textures i have added as they will over right the normal footman texture.

thanks all!!
Previews
Contents

footman (Texture)

footman helmet (Texture)

padrons (Texture)

shield (Texture)

sword (Texture)

Zombie footman (Model)

Level 18
I think it's a really creative use of model swapping / retexturing!

Does it have teamcolor?

Good addition to the undead roster :)

Level 12
Good one. Could you do something similar to the Skeleton Warrior model? You know, switching the Shield and helmet, etc to make it look more like a skeletal footman.

A small guide to not have texture overrides:

1.As they are custom textures, you can easily rename your textures as zombie_helmet_diffuse.dds, zombie_footman_diffuse.dds... Or even as zombie.dds, helmet.dds, it doesn't matter if they are not the same name as the _Normal or _ORM files.

Now, replace the _Diffuse files for your own texture names, like in this image:
zombiefoot.jpg

And voilà, there you have it. Now you can have footmen AND zombie footmen in the same game.

Level 7
A small guide to not have texture overrides:

1.As they are custom textures, you can easily rename your textures as zombie_helmet_diffuse.dds, zombie_footman_diffuse.dds... Or even as zombie.dds, helmet.dds, it doesn't matter if they are not the same name as the _Normal or _ORM files.

Now, replace the _Diffuse files for your own texture names, like in this image:
zombiefoot.jpg

And voilà, there you have it. Now you can have footmen AND zombie footmen in the same game.

Hey sir, do I need to use a specific program to edit textures names to dodge texture overrides ? :peasant-thinking:Or editing it simply in the asset manager is enough ?

Easier than that, just go to the folder where you saved the files, right click them and change their names to whatever.dds (it's very important to save them as .dds).
Then, open Retera and change the texture path to that same name. When you import in war3, you only need to delete war3mapimported/ to make the assets work ingame.

The only reason to set the same texture path as an ingame model is when you want to use that texture to replace the existing model's, thus reducing the filesize a bit.