1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Zelda - Ocarina of Time

Discussion in 'Gamer's Hub' started by expazatrix, Jul 13, 2009.

1. zeldarules28

zeldarules28

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok octarina of time is best zelda game ever. Majora's Mask was also good, even with the 3 day thing. WW was ok but I don't like the cartoon graphics and the sailing. Also I thought TP was waaaaay to easy. Has anybody noticed that zelda games are getting easier as more come out? Seriously I died ALL THE TIME when I first played oot but I don't eve know what happens when you die in TP. I only died 1 time in the ENTIRE WW GAME!!!! OOT is AWESOME! (even though graphics aren't amazing its gooood)

2. splashy5

splashy5

Resources:
    Resources:
    Heres my wall of Text about them XD

The Legend of Zelda - Good but sucked gameplay wise... smash A and B and u cant be hit

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link - Died waaay to fast 3 hits and boom dead and waves of mobs that jumping wont even get u by.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - I think it has the best dungeons of all the games... same as the first smash 2 buttons

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Made no sence.... lot of things to do and still got lost...

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Graphics are Horrid like all others exept TP but idk why ppl make such a big deal out of it and was the second longest of all but still had too little things to do after u kill ganon what 3 mini-games?

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - 3 days sucks! i liked the transform masks though gave variety into gameplay and you needed to get some masks to get past the game. plus the BIRD near Lon Lon Ranch that steals your sword, bottle, like 400 rubees, or any other item you have then you have to buy it back for like 200 rubee's

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons - The story was good, too little dungeons, good ring system same with AGES, Bosses had diffrent styles unlike TP

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages - Story had no sence... some parts were near to immpossible to complete... the final boss was just sooo ez that i lost no hearts and was T-baggin after i killed it.

Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker - too much water, too little land, alot of stuff to do but wished it wasent as cartoonie, enemies just circle you and attack every 10 min. Liked the Puppet Ganon Fight it was fast and diffucult the first time.

Legend of Zelda The Twilight Princess - Too little cities... only 2 that gave you stuff to do and the claw-shot mini game was VERY hard to complete on the last level. The mobs were so stupid.... Also i wish they dident put one button to control wolf... wish they gave him scrolls too like link

Legend of Zelda The Phantom Hourglass - WTF!!!! 2 mini-games 4-Dungeons and what bosses were strafe and slaughter. wish they added a control sceme into it so you dont have to play with a broken DS screen like me and it was still simple!!!!!

The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks - WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Pablo1517

Pablo1517

Resources:
    Resources:
    Better gameplay... Like weak like shit bosses, some real lack of miniquests and minigames and all that ;/.

This is, like u said, upgraded OoT, which automatically makes it worst than OoT. I love TP, but it is far from what OoT was when it came out.

Those graphics where more amazing back in 1998 than TP graphics were when it was released :/ all because stupid Nintendo waited with totally finished game for Wii Release... If they released TP when it was finished on GC it would be like a miracle...

4. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    TPs graphics were well executed compaired to most games on superiour systems like the 360 or PS3.

I will compair it to sonics 360 2006 release (the 2008/9 game unleashed was graphicly top quality). I know this game was particually bad but many 360 games suffered the same faults and so did PS3 games.
    TP had overall ballenced detail level, with every part of the environment appearing to blend into each other. Texture wise at times the low resolution was noticable but generally they blended in fine and matched the resolution of the output well (HD textures are pointless with low res output).
    Sonic on the other hand suffered hidous model detail problems, with its cities consisting of damn blooks with straight sides poorly placed. Also it was highly lag prone despite multiple times the power of the consol and its HD textures were lost due to lack of AF on the trilinear filtering.

Despite the consol being weaker than the 360/PS3 massivly, I can say it is a lot more visually appealing to look at than quite a number of games from those.
    Same with super mario galexy (SMG), although on hideously out of date hardware able to be emulated on modern hardware, it still looks better than graphics produced by some software companies for better hardware.

They go with utalizing the hardware to the full, rather than the general 360/PS3 approach from companies like sega of using designing a game as fast as possiable to roughly use the system well.

In the end I have to say TP did not harm the series graphically. Yes if they made the game for something as strong as the 360 they would have been better but they were extreemly bareable at the time of release over other games. Seeing them at HD makes them look even kind of next genny but that needs a PC which can dual thread extreemly fast (4 GHz) to be anywhere near the real speed.

5. Pablo1517

Pablo1517

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think you forgot that you are talking about GCN game. On wii there was only port with nothing changed except for that mirror reflection of the game (for right handed ppl).

Ofc not, they hurt TP itself by not releasing the game when it was finished (and grapihcs at this time would pwn ppl faces of) but extra waiting almost 1 year for Wii to be ready...