• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Zegaroth's Terrains of Cool Awesomeness and Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Behooooooold! The Awesomeness awaits YOU! Also, look at my terrains or die.
196678-albums3888-picture36308.jpg
196678-albums3888-picture36310.jpg
196678-albums3948-picture36965.jpg
196678-albums3807-picture36174.jpg
196678-albums3807-picture36701.jpg
196678-albums3807-picture37524.jpg

Last edited:
Level 23
Hey there!

If you want to hide your images, one by one, edit your posts and add [hidden*=sometext]imghere[/hidden] (but without the *)
imghere
to make them hide in an opanable 'flirp'.

You should also when you edit/submit a post be able to check/uncheck if you want your signature to be shown.

Level 9
Basicly i like your pics and the ideas behind it (especial the 3. pic is realy interesting), but i think u have to learn some things:

1. Use different Tiles. You have (as far as i see) no tilevariation. This is realy bad, because its realy ruining the pics. You should, for example, place gras under the trees or some king of "wet sand" in the see. This is something every landscape has (even deserts).

2. Lightrays make blind. Use glow or fog or sth. like that but never ever use the blizzard lightrays, they're just ugly as hell (reminds me more of "outta-space-pew-pew-laser-gun-rays").

3. Forests are made up of many DIFFERENT trees. If u look at your last pic u see what i mean right? You covered the whole hills with exactly one kind of tree. Try to use at least 2 or 3 types of trees when u make a forest.

4. Be careful with stretching things. Some doodads have a not so detailed texture that u can stretch them into all dimensions. This is something u could see in the 1. and 3. pic (but the 3. pic has another idea behind it, so its ok in that case).

Level 7
Good work mostly but couple things, what you should do are:

1. First 2 pictures have too flat surface. Use Raise, Lower etc tools to make ground little bit uneven.

2. Also in first 2 pictures, use fog to fade out the horizon. Atm it looks little bit weard.

3. On the last picture, backround is little bit empty, you should use some plants to make it better.

Keep up the work + rep.

Level 13
Well, I'm don't want to be rude but I'd say that there is a lot places where you can imporve alot.

Pic 1.
No tile varitation and the green stuff on bottom of screen looks waaay too blurry to be shown that close. And doodad placement is bit random there imo.

Pic 2.
Again, no tile varitation and too random placement for vegetation. And lack of height varitation. Pic is just bit too empty and plain for my taste.

Pic 3.
METAL!!! Gotta say that the idea is good but floor is just one big mess there :/ and blue fire model looks pretty plain too.

Pic 4.
Sun is ok but the lighting could still be better and tile varitation would be pretty nice and some doodads too, but this is again only my opinion.

Pic 5.
Idea is good and execution is pretty good. Best terrain of yours. Blizzard wolf model looks plain but can't help it :p

Pic 6.
Too much spammed trees and light ray effect doesn't look good actually.
I'd love to see some varitation there. Idea is again pretty cool.

Pic 7.
This is pretty nice too. Can't really say anything bad about it but it could use bit better lighting.

Well, that's it. That's what I think about these terrains. These are only my opinons and I hope I wasn't too harsh.
Keep it up!

Level 18
Hope that this isn't gona sound rude but ok.

First of all learn how to attach screenshots to a post cause this way its 1: anoying and 2: it makes no sence. Besides that those terrains are not awesome and needs many inprovement now this isn't ment to be rude but its true. Now about the terrain itself the one with the troll is rather boring and is plain and has nothing intresting than besides the sleeping troll so this one definitly needs more work same with your beach terrains. Now the one i like is with the wolf in the night but thats basicly the only one wich i like besides the one with the sauron that one is nice 2 but still could use som more detail.

Well like i sayed before i hope i didn't sound rude and maybe this post helped a bit anyway good luck with terraining

Level 4
Info u need 2 no: Pic 1 and 2 are both playable. The praying mantis was a gift for my science teacher. The pic with the giant/statue/titan/earth monster was made when i was only 8, I wasn't very good at terrain as i am now. The one with all the black spikeyness and the blue fire with the throne and the evil dude: i couldn't find a better floor model D:

Level 4
I suppose your right, piwlady. But still! The water is even swimable! And you control your char with arrow keys! Its part of my singlepalyer RPG Izlend Islands.

Status
Not open for further replies.