• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

?Yo Zombie Yo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Reclamation

171139-albums1945-picture14783.png

Well basically what I wanted to make when I started this project was a total rip off the game Survival, where you have secondary profession and try to survive for as much as possible. I scratched that and started a new with something I thought would be fun and I haven't seen as a game made for war3 yet. What Yo Zombie Yo is, its like geometry wars on steroids. So to make it a geometry wars type game, you will see where your bullets are fired and obstacle can stop bullets from reaching your target and such.You control a marine, that levels up with kills and his physical appearance changes to match his rank, making him bigger and more of a badass. The marine you control has three abilities which upgrade themselves as you progress through the ranks becoming more powerful. There are five levels which have different appearances, and your enemies also randomly spawn in different areas with different numbers at random times, so the game play will never get old. You can as well personalize your character with certain items to give a more macho look.

171139-albums1945-picture14782.png

2217:
Government tried to create a nanobot which would be able to control the dead as long as there bodies are not too damaged beyond repair by the nanobots as well as control and make them destroy anyone insight. Besides this, the Government was playing around with genetically engineered soldiers. When they were testing the nanobots on bats, one escaped and started to infect human beings. So to stop this the government sent out genetically engineered soldiers with nanobots to fight against the zombie bots and long story short it got out of control, the top scientists and most powerful people in the world all gathered onto a ship and flew of to a settlement on Mars.

2717:
5 hundred years since it all happened, the Government has sent a ship to take specimens of Earths atmosphere as well as soil, and check if there are still hordes of human beings and zombies alive. (Surprisingly yes there are.) And you have to fight them off, blah blah blah.

171139-albums1945-picture14776.png

Zombie Noob
171139-albums1945-picture14758.jpg
Head Popper
171139-albums1945-picture14753.jpg
Juggernaut
171139-albums1945-picture14754.jpg
Trigger Happy
171139-albums1945-picture14755.jpg
Psychopath
171139-albums1945-picture14756.jpg
Blood Lust
171139-albums1945-picture14757.jpg
Kill Frenzy
171139-albums1945-picture14759.jpg
Unstoppable Zombie Slayer
171139-albums1945-picture14760.jpg

171139-albums1945-picture14777.png
Well of course you have zombies, but you also have civilians fighting against you, aka Renegades. You also have infected animals such as bats which will try to infect you with the virus. And on a certain level, you are actually infiltrating a Renegades database trying to retrieve vital information, so while there you will be fighting computer viruses. The best part is that its not a realistic game unless you have each enemy type fighting itself as well as you, because Renegades are human beings and zombies are zombies, so there will be multi battles going on, not just you vs horde of enemies. Your going to have, you, your buddies vs zombies vsing renegades vs you vsing genetically altered humans etc.

Zombies: Regular zombies (No they dont run).
Renegades: Civilians.
Genetically Altered Soldiers
Infected Bats

Music:
Custom Boss Music, and overall play music to fit the mood.

171139-albums1945-picture14780.png

To Be updated soon

Need a person to make a multiplayed deathmatch section, Terrainer needed. If anyone wants to do it please message me.

Last edited:
Level 11
62 Views and No Comments. Is it that hard not to comment when there are no screenshots posted yet? I think I found an epidemic outbreak of ADD

Level 11
So your telling me a new way of playing shooters which is desribed in this nub wall of text as you call it wont get any comments? Yea im as stick to my picture hypothesis.

Level 11
Yea alot of triggers need to be writen, and me being the lazy fuck i am am taking it at a slow pace, but on an overall scale id say im at 45-50% done

Level 31
Like I see in the screenshots, the terrain is a bit flat, especially the snowy terrain.
You need more tile variation and somehow I find only these trees ugly.
I suggest adding some fitting stone doodads and one other sort of tree to it and it would look fine.
Of course, fix the icons of the marines. :D
I look forward to testing this map.
If you need some help with triggers or terrain, ask me.

Level 11
The terrain isnt actually flat, im guessing the screenshots just dont do justice lol.
Yea its hard looking for good trees, f you could find any good snow trees I would appreciate a linkage for dled.
Yea i changed the rocks awhile back with better fitting ones.
Now im just working on abilities and systems, so im not that focused on icons, but yea they will be matching icons for marines. Thank you for your opinion, when I release the beta map I will look forward to your opinion and any helpful advice for changes

Level 31
A lot better, but I still have something to complain:
- the snowy terrain still needs tile variation
- the rand of the river on the left side, is just to straight, looks unnatural
- still no stones added
- the trees on the second picture don't fit that good

So, I would like to improve the terrain a bit.
Please send me the map. Maybe I could try to make some spells, but I'm not good.

chilla_killa

Level 11
Lol, yea Im showing my progress as I progress through the map, thats why. I want it to become a simple but addictive survival map. And I am thinking of adding a multiplayer section to it (Death Match mode) where you can go at it with other ppl, like CoD4 or Unreal Tournament, cept not first person.

Level 11
Updated with links to voting polls, so players can give feedback to what kind of a better map you would want to play. Please check the terrain one especially as we have 2 different terrains now, and need to choose which one is better so I can continue production on the game! Please and Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.