• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Music in my game or no?

Should I take out some songs? Keep them? Or Not use music at all

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I am deciding on have a selective menu with music in my game. All of these midi files are very small, so they wont bother my map. My question is, are they worth putting in? Are they good? Majority Rules. Please vote and post a comment, thank you.

PS: My map is an arcade shooter/ survival map.

Attachments

• Speedy.mp3
    85.1 KB · Views: 78
  • Arcade.mp3
    96.2 KB · Views: 85
  • danger ahead.mp3
    202 KB · Views: 74
  • Buisness.mp3
    159.2 KB · Views: 98
  • horror.mp3
    726.2 KB · Views: 79
Level 4
Speedy - a bit annoying =p but someone must like it.

Arcade - Hmmm, that's okay... I think you should keep it xD

Danger ahead - Nice music ^^ i dont know if anyone wanna lisent to that while playing wcIII, but its sounds cool.

Buisness - i'd maybe choose that i hate it at a mistake, at all cost it's fine, and i think you should import it into your map ^^

Horror - Niiicee...

:thumbs_up:

Level 15
for some reason the 'danger ahead' doesn't play/
nice music, very cool. reminds of those good old DOS games - same low-size style, but still very cool
i agree with The_World, use it all =))

Level 11
Well I was thinking of have a radio ability where the player click it and chooses his music. Or do you guys think it would be better done per level like Fussiler1 said?

Level 11
so music changes for each level put if you want you can change it yourself? Hmm will do. Thanks for all your input guys!

Level 4
What about making a vote threat, where people can choose which 1 of them all that's best, and then gives somekind of abilliy, that makes the hero able to choose music, new music discovers in each lvl, then use the vote threat to choose which lvl for each music, better music for higher lvl. or by exploring areas ya discover new music to choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.