• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Yellow Stone Survival Terrain Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Map

Terrain

valorwip001-png.282586

Description

256 x 256 map based on Yellowstone National Park
Yellow Stone Survival Superthread: [Defense / Survival] - Open Source Project: Troll Wilderness World

Last edited:
Level 28
Seems cool but there isn't much to see from a shot like this. For now I can tell that the little variation it has (the snowy north; the sandy lake; the roads; the orange-ish south) give a nice touch to it. I fear that the wide area with sparse trees may seem too dull from in-game perspective. Something good to catch the eye might be a welcome addition in those regions.

Seems cool but there isn't much to see from a shot like this. For now I can tell that the little variation it has (the snowy north; the sandy lake; the roads; the orange-ish south) give a nice touch to it. I fear that the wide area with sparse trees may seem too dull from in-game perspective. Something good to catch the eye might be a welcome addition in those regions.

Thank you for your input. This was the basic roughed out outline of the terrain, we ended up going with completely different tree arrangements (and trees) and added a lot of doodads. I'll update this asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.