• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Xe'ra

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
Background Story:
Xe'ra (pronounced ZEE-ruh),the Light Mother(also spelled Lightmother)or the Mother of Light,was the prime naaru (or the naaru prime),one of the first naaru to be forged during the great ordering of the cosmos. For millennia, she led a crusade against the Burning Legion as leader of the Army of the Light.
She sent her core, known as Light's Heart, to Azeroth during the Legion's third invasion, in an attempt to aid the mortal forces fight off the invading demons and find the subject of her prophecy, Illidan Stormrage.She was made whole again during the invasion of Argus by Azerothian forces, but Illidan rejected her and destroyed Xe'ra.
"You will defy death. I have seen this. Whatever you were, whatever you are, a champion of the Light is what you will be. You will be a hero. But there will be a price."

Reference:
264716-665015d6c811f504950c38a62d10a45f.png

[World of Warcraft]

Updates:
Fixed issues pointed out by Villagerino and Stefan. K.

Acknowledgement:
BLP and animation originated from Hawkwing's Naaruhttps://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/naaru.245883/. License obtained.
Thank to MagicDragon and Commedia for their assistance.

Keywords:
Naaru, A'dal, Draenei, Argus, Eredar, Holy, Light
Previews
Contents

Xe'ra (Model)

Assets
Reviews
General Frank
Please fix and improve on these issue: There are some issues with the model. Please fix those: =https://www.hiveworkshop.com/data/ratory-downloadables/4ce0bd860bbad2f9bd6a61cf9995d37c-1691476870-600/Naaru.blp"]Sanity Test 3000+ polygons is a lot and...
Looks amazing, as is the idea of using parts of the team color that can increase the usage. Also good job on smooth animations and a cool 'Death' 👍
There is a slight keyframe glitch during the 'Walk' sequence in the lower "wings", you might want to take a closer look at it.
Some vertices are attached to a wrong bone.
Modification completed.Thank you.

Last edited:
Please fix and improve on these issue:
  • There are some issues with the model. Please fix those: Sanity Test
  • 3000+ polygons is a lot and does not really fit in with classic wc3 graphics. Please reduce it down to about 1500 or lower if possible.
  • Please provide fully and written permission to use the model. It is up to you to provide it and not on the reviewers to search for it.

• 3000+ polygons is a lot and does not really fit in with classic wc3 graphics. Please reduce it down to about 1500 or lower if possible.
  • Please provide fully and written permission to use the model. It is up to you to provide it and not on the reviewers to search for it.
OK, I can address the 1 and 3 issues. The second one may take a long time to fix, I will handle it later.

Level 4
Great work Baiyu, very usefull for many maps =)

Update: I have tried it on an old map and then on a fresh map but the model only appears white. I have changed the color with the rgb options of the unit editor as a solution but the beauty of the model with the team color is not appreciated.

Is any correction expected or am I making a mistake?

Last edited:
Level 11
I'd argue the poly count is more perception based than the actual count, since we can afford it now.
We discussed this together with Khyrbi, Deo and others... in the end we concluded that "if it looks the part and adds something new to the table, keep it"