• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I have a question about the Xbox 360 And could use some help. I was playing Oblivion Tuesday night And my Xbox 360 was working just like it normally was, and then i hit the sack that night and didn't play it until today. i turned it on and there were 3 red rings. From what i know I'm pretty sure that it hasn't overheated, but i don't know what is the matter. I unplugged, and replugged the AV cable, i even blew in it to the beat of my favorite song, but it didn't work. I did the same for the power cord, the light on the power cord even says green. The disk still spins, and the place where you put the disc still opens, and closes. What do i need to do? And if i pull it apart, what will i need to do with the inside? Please help.

Level 7
Red Rings of Death said:
If you have the Xbox red ring of death, you are no doubt almost ripping your hair out with frustration. The Xbox 3 red rings of death are caused by heat. As the motherboard heats up, it begins to flex. This flexing action causes a loosening of the soldering holding the GPU to the motherboard. Once the GPU comes loose, you have that dreaded red ring of death.

If you want try the 3 red rings of death fix on the Xbox 360 console yourself, there are some easy fixes for you to try. The bad news is over 10 million Xbox 360 consoles have already been identified with a design flaw that could create a general hardware failure. Any time a red light turns on it is telling you that something is wrong with the Xbox 360 gaming console.

One of the red lights that appears on your console lets you know that you have a hardware issue. If your console lights up with two red lights then you know that your system is beginning to overheat, at this time you should shut the system off, and make sure that it is in an open area. If it gets three red lights that appear, that indicates that you have the Ring of Death. Your system will have to be fixed or replaced. If your system lights up a fourth red light it could be something as simple as replacing your damaged cable.

If your warranty period is expired and you want 3 red rings of death fix, you need to either send your console directly to Microsoft or you need to do the task yourself. If you choose to get red ring of death fixed by Microsoft, you need to ship your console to Microsoft and further you will need to send $140. The major disadvantage of sending your console to Microsoft is that you will have to wait for over a month to get back your gaming console.

Another option is for you to lean how to repair the 3 red circles of death-doom yourself, without the need for specialized technicians. Do-it-yourself (DIY) guides are widely available at reasonable prices and can teach you how to repair the red ring of death in about 90 minutes. The steps are simple. Take the case off and remove the x clamp. Remove the heat sink by unscrewing it, and clean the CPU and GPU. Add some thermal compound to the GPU. When you screw the heat sink back in, put a nylon washer above and below the sink. Finally, put the case back on.

The main advantages of DIY (do-it-yourself) guides is that the steps are easy to follow. You will be able to repair your gaming console and troubleshoot hardware problems that include the "red light of death." A red light usually indicates a failure of some kind. You will not need to ship your gaming console to Microsoft for costly repairs once you have learned the safe and easy way to perform home repairs.

In fact, the console displays varying numbers of red lights to indicate different problems.3 rings of death fix three 3 red rings of light 3 circles of death - doom One red light signifies a major hardware failure or system error, depending on which hardware failure or system error it is depends on how the problem can be fixed but in some cases there is no easy recovery and the console must be repaired or replaced. Two means the console is overheating and must be switched off and left to cool. Three, the infamous 'Red Ring of Death', means a general hardware failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.