• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WW2 Spanish Civil War 3.26

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
World War 2 - Prewar
Spanish Civil War
The forgotten War (1936-1939)

On the side of the 2nd Spanish Republic:
Soviet Union (Stalinist)
International Brigades (volunteers from all around the World)
POUM (Partido Obrero de Unificación Marxista)/Basque
CNT/FAI (Confederación Nacional del Trabajo/Federación Anarquista Ibérica)
UGT (Unión General de Trabajadores)
PCE (Partido Comunista de España)

Vs

Fascists:
Legion Condor (Nazi-Germany)
Italy (Mussolini)
Franco (Spanish dictator in real history from 1939-1975)
Mola (General of the northern front)
Falange Española (fascist party of spain)
Carlists (Catholic)

THANKS TO Kofi_Banan for his new models and to all other modelmakers who made this map possible!

If anyone wants me to upload one of the textures, modelskins or interface buttons I made for this map, then just ask. It will NOT upload any ressources exept maps here, since admins continue rejecting my ressources without any reason or with not understandable reasons like at the old version of this map:
21:54, 8th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2: "Seriously twelve players and a 4Mb map don't go together. They just don't. Rejected."
- What a reason!

My (main) page for support/urgent bugreporting: wc3files.de
Made by Say_No_to_War from Clan BoaT, Europe. This is a complete Creation of myself and therefore I am complete owner of any related copyrights exept some Models and Textures/Icons.

Keywords:
Soviet, Union, Stalinist,
International, Brigades, volunteers, World, WW2, War,
POUM, Partido, Obrero, Unificación, Marxista, Basque, CNT, FAI, Conf
Contents

WW2 Spanish Civil War 3.26 (Map)

Reviews
ap0: Rejected 21:54, 8th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2: Seriously twelve players and a 4Mb map don't go together. They just don't. Rejected.

M

ap0: Rejected

21:54, 8th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Seriously twelve players and a 4Mb map don't go together. They just don't. Rejected.

Level 7
"Seriously twelve players and a 4Mb map don't go together. They just don't. Rejected."

lol?
What a reason is this? Can you perhaps explain why you think a 12 players map may not have 4 MB?
Its a map near the 2nd World War. As you can imagine WC3 has not many standard models for such a scenery. I dont like using WC3 models which would destroy the whole optics.
So please explain me why it has been rejected.

"This map is rejected and can cause errors." - lol

Last edited:
Level 7
You took long to discover that your map is rejected.

And that about causing errors is just default hive message for rejected maps.

I know, still it sounds funny for a stable release after 2 years of work and hundreds of games. And yes, it took long. It just disapeared from my ressources so I thought it was deleted. Didnt see this needs fix area.

I wonder what I shall fix...

Level 1
He Shouldn't have to modify a perfectly good map just to get it passed by some admins that obviously didn't play the map, i've hosted it several times, got games and no crashes. GO TO WC3DIPLO!

Level 11
Well what can I say? Although he said 12 players + 4.0 MB don't work fine, which is the biggest lie I have seen. He's still human and makes mistake.

If you complain about how pathedic he reviewed the map go to the forums fine Map Moderator contact or something like that. Tell the mods that you need a 2nd reviewer cause of a poorly done review. Then quote what the reviwer said. Then wait for the 2nd review to see if it's accepted or not.

Level 7
Commenting on the player number and map size is a pretty bad way to grade something. It may be indicative of something, but it is by no means objective. It's sort of like a teacher grading an essay by the number of words it has alone, or just on its MLA. The acception/rejection was given no effort at all as far as I can tell.

Level 7
"The point is that it's essentially impossible to get 12 people to sit around downloading a 4mb map. Even 2 or 3mb is difficult."

I wonder what upstream you people have. I never had problems getting the games full - no matter what filesize it has. Btw I only have 64 KB/s upstream - still only about 60s for a dl.

Btw: Warcraft 3 without ghost is a peer 2 peer network. If someone else with a portforward joins and finishes the download people can also download from that person. I nearly never had to wait long for downloads.

At last since the time of hosting-bots this is not a reason to reject any map.

"Seriously twelve players and a 4Mb map don't go together. They just don't. Rejected." - rofl

Level 11
"The point is that it's essentially impossible to get 12 people to sit around downloading a 4mb map. Even 2 or 3mb is difficult."

I wonder what upstream you people have. I never had problems getting the games full - no matter what filesize it has. Btw I only have 64 KB/s upstream - still only about 60s for a dl.

Btw: Warcraft 3 without ghost is a peer 2 peer network. If someone else with a portforward joins and finishes the download people can also download from that person. I nearly never had to wait long for downloads.

At last since the time of hosting-bots this is not a reason to reject any map.

"Seriously twelve players and a 4Mb map don't go together. They just don't. Rejected." - rofl

Well this is hilarious do you really think that just because it's a 4 MB size with 12 players that it must be rejected? That is the saddest excuse that I ever heard from a guy who probably still uses dial-up services. Heck I've seen 6 MB with 12 players and no one is complaining about it.

BTW I'm not pointing at you Say No To War I'm pointing at this so called map moderator who has no actual skills in reviewing something seriously... to reject just because of his shitty Internet. Ya sure I might get warned, banned or whatever after this but I had to express the stupidity of this situation.