• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] WoW's Havoc Spell in WC3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
hi guys...I tried to develop Havoc but had to stopped because of my less knowledge of making a spell MUI...this is the spell I try to do:

after casting havoc on a target and if I cast chaos bolt on another target, it is gonna hit also that target who has Havoc buff..it seems easy at first but keeping that buff on the target till for two chaos bolts is kinda though for me.
So I request if some of you jass masters can make this spell for me?...and I think it would be very original in here since I never saw anything like this in the spell sections before

Level 15
This isn't a requests section. It should be posted in the requests section, or if you want help getting started with it, this should be posted in the World Editor Help Zone section. AFAIK we need some triggers/scripts you've written already in order to help you.

In any case you'll probably need a unit indexer and a data structure to hold the spells cast by the unit in order to call them back for the effect of "Havoc."

Level 8
I read the "only" tutorial in here and kinda understood it just couldn't figure out that key handles and combining them with it..its behaviour etc. couldn't get the logic of it.

am gonna post my triggers then. so I can get more help I guess... because I need to do this spell.

Level 8
ok I managed to make it work so how to make it MUI now... and executing wasn't as hard as the Idea by the way...I need to think twice before posting things in here I know..

here's the codes;
  • Chaos Bolt
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Chaos Bolt
    • Actions
      • Set MS_Source1 = (Triggering unit)
      • Set MS_Target1 = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set Havoc_Group = (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Matching unit) has buff Havoc ) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of MS_Source1)) Equal to True) and ((Matching unit) Not equal to MS_
      • Set Havoc_Target = (Random 1 units from Havoc_Group)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Havoc_Target and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral - Firebolt (Picked unit)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Havoc_Target)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Havoc_Group)

Level 15
To make it MUI you need to have some data structure which is indexed by each unit instance. That is, given a unit instance, or a unit handle id (probably easier as an int), it will return the values you need for that unit.

I'm a bit confused on the spell--does it mean for future spell casts, or past spell casts?

If I were doing this I would make a struct wrapper around a unit/spellcaster, but this clearly isn't an option since you're doing GUI.

Level 8
For future spell casts...if we cast ANY single target spell, its gonna split up (launches twice at once) to two targets. One is target i cast the single target spell on it and the other one that has havoc buff on it which I cast previously. So its always gonna seem like I launch two chaos bolt, sleep, mana burn etc. The triggers above works for only chaos bolt...but I think am gonna cancel this spell...How the dummy is gonna know which order it must make it since every spell has different order id...its hard and I think this should be a System or something more than a spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.