• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WoW XP rate increase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
as of the latest patch the xp rate from levels 20-56 has been increased to allow for new players to reach 60 (and subsequently 70 and 80) faster than before. how do you feel about this and does it annoy you that all your time you spend grinding away isnt worth as much now?

Level 13
No one should be necessarily pissed about this. Higher levels can still use this when making alts, and now it won't take AS much of your life to reach the level cap. With this, more 70's will be around- making raiding more frequent, as well as more involved PvP.

Then only downside I see is that new 70's won't have spend as much time playing, so even though they may have the same # of points, they still won't be AS good as current 70's (due to the time they've played)... so the game might have a few more still noob-ish 70's.

It's for the good of the game really, with more levels less and less people would be willing to get up to 80, people would stop playing because they'd feel they could never get there, thus killing the best mmo out there. And I'm sure the people that play it wouldn't want that...

The game keeps evolving and changing, and that's just part of it. Much like how your naxx epix get replaced by 68 blue items etc, then start pondering how much time you wasted in learning encounters.

IMO it was a fun experience to level before the change, which people now will never get to see it ever again. It's like "I've been there, done that". Pretty similar to season 3 having season 1 gear available through easy means, but I know I got it the hard way, the fun involving to get them. I know it's silly to feel proud over some virtual stuff, but it's just me.

Level 27
Actually i think its stupid. My mate once said 'When you play runescape i takes much longer because not only of the level cap of 144 (Or something) but also because the xp is much slower'.

I dont like runescape.. he doesn't rly like it either i think but the point is that; Why would you keep players off getting more playtime? dont they have time to play a MMORPG? ..

Level 4
I think it would be a good idea, I quit at lvl 38 because of the crap-ish lvl rates. I went for about 3 hours of questing in some areas and didn't even get 1/4 expierence bar! With faster lvls, more people will join back, because some left because of the exp rate.

Level 5
I actually love it.
Before they did this, I didn't have a single alt.
As soon as they did this I managed to push a Hunter to 70 in a few weeks only playing a few hours a day, every other day.

Was actually really nice.

Well, I've been leveling one same character for two years (with 6 months pause with alting). It's pretty much boring, me thinks. Some quests that are a part of a plot are indeed fun, but quests such as kill 30 goblins, then go kill another 300 goblins, and as a finale, go kill 3000000 goblins and have your reward that isn't for your talent build/class/race.

Well, I've been leveling one same character for two years (with 6 months pause with alting). It's pretty much boring, me thinks. Some quests that are a part of a plot are indeed fun, but quests such as kill 30 goblins, then go kill another 300 goblins, and as a finale, go kill 3000000 goblins and have your reward that isn't for your talent build/class/race.

Well of course, it's always better to go on quests with a long chain that are interesting.

But how many types of quests are there?
  • Go from point A to point B
  • Get X items from Y at place Z
  • Kill X Ys
  • Kill X at place Y
  • Find item X at place Y
  • Protect X as he walks through place Y

That's about it.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
The fact remains that Blizzard will concentrate on the new continents now.
Questing up to lv60 in the old world has become, lets face it, boring for the veteran players.
At the same time it will attract a lot more of those people who wish to rush through the game into the "glorious big levels" without realizing that they have missed the point questing completely.

Level 5
I'm fine with the xp rate increase, as its been said it'll just encourage more people to level to 60/70/80, and the more people that reach those levels, the more expansions blizzard can make to sell. I see another increase to leveling coming out soon..not that its bad. The leveling rate in WoW is a million times better then some other MMO's I've played.

Level 8
I am verrrryyy glad that this was implemented.

Good idea for leveling:

I started a new lock, at twenty-something (whatever the minimum cap is for SM) I had a 70 mage take me through a crap tons of times. Kept going there till 42, and hit zul'farrak. There till about 53-54 and start going to Scholomance and Stratholme. Lock was 55 in no time. (of course we took day breaks)

Status
Not open for further replies.