• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WoW Model Viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ok I'm not sure if anyone has asked this before or discussed this so I'm asking.
There is a program from a site http://www.wowmodelviewer.org called the WoW model viewer.
I was wondering is blizzard supported it and or the Hive.
Because the program require's you to install WoW which probably means it draw's data from WoW's MPQ.
So i was wondering if the Hive supported it or even knew about it.
Because i was wanting to submit it in tools.
I know the Hive doesn't support WoW rip's but I'm not sure if it the program is considered "Riping".

Thank you.

Level 4
Thank you for commenting that's what i think but I'm not sure i would like Ralle or any other mod's opinion on this matter.
The program is trademarked and its not shut down so i can't say.

Level 25
I'm quite sure the maker of WoW Model View, who I know by the way, won't support you randomly uploading it to whatever websites under your own name

Anyway, why should we support it? It's an awesome program that works fine. No reason for us to care about it. What should we "support" next, OpenOffice?

Level 4
I would not upload and put my name under it That's plagiarizing, and illegal i would ask the maker of the program if i could do it before hand.
Then list him / her as the creator or what ever else credits the original creator would want.

And the reason i wanted to upload it is because yes its a very awesome program and it has lots of good uses and as Hawkwing said.
Its very much like Magos model editor and Prophet's viewer, those programs are supported here i was thinking why not it.

But thank you for you comment's and ruling i am satisfied,
Thread answered.

Proper forum?
Please tell me where this should have been said and move it thank you.

Level 4
Thank you Hawkwing i understand your ruling.
My question answered.
Thread Finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.