• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"wow model viewer" without wow and more...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
there're some questions i want somebody could asnwer me:

- is there any way to download WoW models without downlaoding a whole WoW expantion?

- in case the previous question is not possible: does somebody know how to fix this in the WMV load folder?

1tI8Ggs.png

or this?

x35gQ1h.png

i downloaded a MoP expantion from FIRESTORM server. so i downloaded two versions of mop too; one which can open MoP models, and another which is a newer version if the MoP version does not work.

the first image above corresponds to the MoP version of WMV when it charge the mpq folders, while the second image corresponds to the newer version.

both show different data "errors", and i don't know how to fix that.

- is somebody playing wow in firestorm and knows how's the problem?

- which private MoP server you could recommend me for download a whole MoP expansion that works well with WMV?

i ask this because firestorm has a unique downloading system which allow you to play wow while download it at the same time. you must play and explore all zones to downlaod them.

and this is why i need somebody here who plays in firestorm server to understand well what's the problem.

Level 5
I think you can use Marlamin's WoW Exporter to export models from WoW without downloading it. But it seems like it's mostly used to export .WMO files. If you want to export regular models (.M2) I think WMV is still your best bet. I'm pretty sure the last patch broke WMV though, so you might need to wait for an update.
i have a MoP expansion, so i use a MoP VMW version and the last patch would not care. but the problem is the server i've downloaded the MoP expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.