• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Defense / Survival] Would you like to be a spirit wandering around my map? (Read Inside for Details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Simply put, for ambiance and to add a creepy atmosphere to my map, I'm going to have random spirits walking around the map very slowly with visual effects attached to them. The reason it's scary is because, well, some spirits harm you, and some don't. You have to avoid all of those spirits while at the same time avoiding "The Lost One" which is actually controlled by the player.

The map is going to be released within the next week or two (Terrain, about 3 / 4 of the triggers and a majority of the units are complete)
Now I just need the spirit units.

So, if you want to have your spirit with your name on the map, you just need to mention the following criteria in this post.

Required Details:

1. Name of Unit
2. What model you want it to be (it must be a model in Warcraft III, I'm not using imports. Also, it must be a creepy / undead / ghost like model, such as the zombie, ghoul, banshee, dark ranger, demon hunter. Shit like that)

Extra Details (If you had any specific ideas in mind):

3. RGB colors (255 Red, Blue, Green, shit like that, if you have any custom values you want them, if you don't specify any, it's going to be 100, 100, 100)
4. Movement Speed (How fast you want your spirit / zombie to go)
5. Any external effects using the Blood Mage's "Sphere" spell (Please specify the specific effect and what category [like buffs or abilities or units] it's under.)

I'll leave a visitor message on your profile wall if your character has been approved.

Go!

Level 14
I'm afraid I don't have a unit for you, but I just wanted to let you know that I think that is an awesome idea. Wandering around a map and not knowing which spirit is the one you want to avoid. I can see how that could have an extremely creepy feeling to. Nice idea.

Level 14
I'm afraid I don't have a unit for you, but I just wanted to let you know that I think that is an awesome idea. Wandering around a map and not knowing which spirit is the one you want to avoid. I can see how that could have an extremely creepy feeling to. Nice idea.

Thanks! I thought it would be a cool idea, and thought people would want to get involved more by making their own units. (saves me time and gives it a more realistic feeling imo)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
1. Name: The Forgotten Administrator
2. Model: Archimonde
3. Colour: Standard colours except with some transparency thrown in (maybe do this for all spirits so they appear more spirit like? This may need to be done in the triggers used to create them).
4. Speed: Below average, should be slower than player.
5. Effect: No particular special effects.

The story behind it is related to events that happened long ago here on the Hive which some people may or may not get.

Level 2
Name: Drocas, the Wanderer
Model: Kel'thuzad Ghost
Color: R 200, B 255, G 125
Effects: Spiderlings (target)

Level 19
Name : K'wohra the Confounded

Model : The "Sammy" Cube

Color : R 255, B 155, G 155

Speed : 522 (max)

Effects : Cubitize : Blinds the target by surrounding the target's head in a cube for 5 minutes (cube attachment)

Level 30
Name: Black Entity
Model: Firelord model

RGB: 0, 0, 0 (like Nevermore in DoTA)
Movespeed: 300
Effects: No particular Effects

BTW, I've see that you release 1.4! Time to download this epic and worthwile awesome horror game! +2 REP and good luck!

Level 4
Since I'm already here...

Name: Lost ( I suck at names )
Model: Peasant > Acolyte (explained below)
RGB: 255,255,255, 150-200 Alpha
Movespeed: 150
Effects: Banshee (target), attached to chest and origin.
When at certain areas, the soul turns to his Peasant model, a harmless soul, but has the tendency to look at you and follow you around when in range. At certain areas (say, some abandoned forest or somewhere you want), they turn into their Acolyte model, which casts some curses on you while you're not looking. They disappear after casting their curse, but is reborn as a Peasant soul after a few minutes.

Sorry, I tend to think of complex ideas.. :vw_death:

Level 14
Since I'm already here...

Name: Lost ( I suck at names )
Model: Peasant > Acolyte (explained below)
RGB: 255,255,255, 150-200 Alpha
Movespeed: 150
Effects: Banshee (target), attached to chest and origin.
When at certain areas, the soul turns to his Peasant model, a harmless soul, but has the tendency to look at you and follow you around when in range. At certain areas (say, some abandoned forest or somewhere you want), they turn into their Acolyte model, which casts some curses on you while you're not looking. They disappear after casting their curse, but is reborn as a Peasant soul after a few minutes.

Sorry, I tend to think of complex ideas.. :vw_death:

It's ok man, well I'm still figuring out how to do the spell, but I've added the base of it for now. So your spirit will be in V 1.5 (dunno about the spell though)

Level 14
Name: Boris_Spider
Model
Colors: As is, transparency can be your standard ghost-like effect
Ability-Active: Web everything (modify crypt-fiends web to hit ground and air, and give me a modded form of the Frost Wyrm's 'Frozen Breath' that uses a web model on any buildings).
Ability-Passive: Units (besides me) will run and attack faster (out of fear)
Ability-Weird: Any unit that attacks me will have a spider (controlled by the owner of the attacking unit) explode out of said unit after 10sec. These spiders will only have the web ability (not against buildings).

Also, I CAN see invisible/burrowed units [that means you cowering in that corner]... I hunt things for food
However, I have a low target acquisition range as I don't rely on vision to find things. Attacking me gets my attention though... so does using abilities.

There, this should be feasible...

//\\^^//\\

Level 14
Name: Boris_Spider
Model
Colors: As is, transparency can be your standard ghost-like effect
Ability-Active: Web everything (modify crypt-fiends web to hit ground and air, and give me a modded form of the Frost Wyrm's 'Frozen Breath' that uses a web model on any buildings).
Ability-Passive: Units (besides me) will run and attack faster (out of fear)
Ability-Weird: Any unit that attacks me will have a spider (controlled by the owner of the attacking unit) explode out of said unit after 10sec. These spiders will only have the web ability (not against buildings).

Also, I CAN see invisible/burrowed units [that means you cowering in that corner]... I hunt things for food
However, I have a low target acquisition range as I don't rely on vision to find things. Attacking me gets my attention though... so does using abilities.

There, this should be feasible...

//\\^^//\\

You'll be in 1.6

Level 4
Name:pale Horseman

Model: Death Knight
Color: R:185 G:255 B:175
Speed: Ludicrous Speed! (Nah, 350 is about right.)
Effect: No effect, has the ability to absorb the player's souls, and grow larger, but slower. Shouldn't spawn at beginning.

Level 12
1. Name of Unit: Hex
2. Model: Chicken
3. 0 0 0 with some transparency added to it.
4. Speed: 522 (Max)
5. Ability (Active): Egg Bomb - Plants an invisible (black egg) sort of bomb that works like land mines. When these bombs get stepped on, the unit that stepped on it gets damaged and a black chicken appears (which looks almost exactly like Hex), invulnerable for 15 seconds, with same speed as Hex. This "clone", well not literally a clone but another unit, can serve as a scapegoat or in this case a scapechicken for Hex. Simply, Egg Bomb is a land mine skill that damages those who step on it and creates a copy of Hex.

P.S. The clone may not be used, it should move on its own.

Level 17
Name: Blind Watcher
Model: Gargoyle
Color: R:0 G:0 B:0
Speed: Slow, 150~
Effect: Unit Vertex transparency 50%, Unit Animation speed 20%, Lock Body Part facing of unit's head to always face the player character. Passive.

Something that constantly stares at you is creepy as hell. How about that ?

Level 3
1. Name: Undersized Underling

2. Model: Acolyte

3. Colour: 200, 200, 200

4. Speed: Extremely fast, though can I suggest this to be one of the unharmful ones?

5. Effect: Mirror (might have to be done with triggers, basically creates another version of the player that follows the original player for X seconds. Doesn't do anything other then that but could you name it 'Spooky Follower' or something rather?)

6. Additional Info: If allowed could the model size be something small enough to only just see? Be pretty cool.

Also, if you need any help with the background story/flavor texts then send me a message on Hive!

Sincerely, EclecticAcid (Acid)
Good luck to this map!

Level 21
Simply put, for ambiance and to add a creepy atmosphere to my map, I'm going to have random spirits walking around the map very slowly with visual effects attached to them. The reason it's scary is because, well, some spirits harm you, and some don't. You have to avoid all of those spirits while at the same time avoiding "The Lost One" which is actually controlled by the player.

The map is going to be released within the next week or two (Terrain, about 3 / 4 of the triggers and a majority of the units are complete)
Now I just need the spirit units.

So, if you want to have your spirit with your name on the map, you just need to mention the following criteria in this post.

Required Details:

1. Name of Unit
2. What model you want it to be (it must be a model in Warcraft III, I'm not using imports. Also, it must be a creepy / undead / ghost like model, such as the zombie, ghoul, banshee, dark ranger, demon hunter. Shit like that)

Extra Details (If you had any specific ideas in mind):

3. RGB colors (255 Red, Blue, Green, shit like that, if you have any custom values you want them, if you don't specify any, it's going to be 100, 100, 100)
4. Movement Speed (How fast you want your spirit / zombie to go)
5. Any external effects using the Blood Mage's "Sphere" spell (Please specify the specific effect and what category [like buffs or abilities or units] it's under.)

I'll leave a visitor message on your profile wall if your character has been approved.

Go!

Name: Necrolord
TFT Lich
It would be nice if the model was always or sometimes channeling a spell. The spell being something that raises undead around him(even if it's just locust swarm(would fit I guess)). EDIT: Actually I think a permanent locust swarm would be best. To do that you just set duration to 0.
Teamcolor should be light blue as it looks good with the coloring.
Color:150/150/255
Speed: 150
Effects:
Aura of blight attached to origin(aura of blight is under abilities).
Destroyer projectile attached to pretty much every bodypart(hands,feet,chest,head)
Destroyer projectile is under Unit - Missiles

Level 5
Name: Gyxbyxyl
Model: Pit Lord
Color: 50, 50, 50
Movement Speed: 522
Sound Set: Sheep
Effects: Orb of Fire on weapon

Also, can you put in the init trigger to make the animation speed of this unit at least 200%?

Level 3
1. Name: Stiltskin the Forgotten
2. Model: Shade, no invisibility.
3. Effect: Can cast a 150 dmg death coil, no auto-attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.