• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Would you like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I want to know, if you would like this in my RPG campaign.
On thes start you will have HERO (using model of the villager). In the next level this hero will transform in to HERO wich will use model of a footman, but all experience points will gone. And you will start leveling up again.
I'm not sure if you understand me, becuase I don't write english good. :oops:

1 Type of hero -Villager LEVEL 0 - 10
2 Same name of hure just other model - LEVEL 0 - 20

I remember something. I want to say something like in camoaign of Spider Queen. On the start you are a small spider and after some time you grow up. But here you will just become better.
:?

Level 9
i think it will be good

but i didn't understand one thing:
you want to use "replace" trigger or triggers like: remove "hero" create 1 "herolvl2" ?
Do you make a logical constuction of your theme and how it will looks like?

People will play just for interest "Whom i will be in the next level" ;)~ :p

Level 5
No no no! There will be a logical construction. On the start you will be a poor unknown villager (hero with model of male villager). When you will complete defined quest for city gurd, you will become guard (model of footman). New unit will apear, but this unit will have the same name as the first one. All what it will change will be XP and you will become level 0.
But you will need a long time before you will upgrade yourself from villager to guard and so on.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?
There will be a story about one man! This unit will change with the story.

WHAT DO YOU SAY? :)

Level 6
yeah, seen that heaps in RPGs

the problem is if your hero has a random name (ie more than one name it can choose from). If it does, its very time-wasting to create another unit for the next level up
What im saying is if your villiager has the option of being named Fred, Joe or Bob, it takes much more time and clunky triggers to create a Guardsman unit which is named the same thing.

However, if every time you play, your villiager is named Fred, then its simple:
the event would look s bit like this:
Event: A hero gains a level
Conditions: Leveling hero equal to <hero>
Actions: Replace <hero> with 1 Guardsman

and you might need to do something small with the items, to make your guardsman have the same ones.

i think thats what you're going on about anyway...
Bort

Level 5
I will not use random name! Hero will have only one name.
But...I realy need triggers for items, I mean that new unit will be placed, the items from unit before, will transfer to new unit.

Level 9
it's easy...(strange i thought that replace saves lvl of a hero too)

Ok about items make those strings BEFORE replacing(removing) old char
drop item from slot 1
drop item from slot 2
drop item from slot 3
drop item from slot 4
drop item from slot 5
drop item from slot 6
after creating or replacing
give random item from position of(last replaced OR last created unit) (400.400)
and repeat this senyence 6-7 times..that's all

Of course you may use variables for this,but it will be longer for a little..

Status
Not open for further replies.