• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Highland Fight (Placeholder Name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Alright so after about two months of planning/Sketches/Notes ive finally decided that I am going too try my hand at an AOS Style map called The Highland Fight. (Placeholder Name) Currently im doing a vanilla version of the game using only Reign of Chaos since my TFT is acting strangely. As of right now I will not list the hero abilities because the Reign of Chaos editor is lackluster in that area.

Firstly I'll say ive been fiddling around with the Editor for a few years casually and ive got the hang of mostly everything except the very complicated triggers. I decided too post my work here just too see what the general populace would think of the idea and I am encouraging you too give me constructive critisism.

Right now I will just start with the Highland Heros, later on I will post the Demon Heros,then the Highland Units,and then the Demon Units.

Although the story is rather straight forward there is an bit of deep personalities that I am trying too get into the game I guess you could call this an RPG/AOS. In a nutshell The Highland Fight takes place in Scotland (Way back in the day), a power hungry Druid named Ultan communes with dark forces who feed him Warlock energies. After williningly giving up his position as a good guy he ventures into a dark forest of the Highland region where he summons a horde of Demons bent on making the area a sanctuary for themselves. However the Good guys wont let this happen, the Clans in the area make a temporary truce (Possibly Permenant, Hard times give you lifelong friends). The Allied Clans must now stop the Demonic Invasion from consuming there beloved land and people.

General Ideas
-RPG Elements (Quests/Item Rewards)
-Scripted Events (After certain objectives have been met events that are good for you or bad for your enemy will happen too sway the tide of battle)
-Character Depth (I just dont want this too be a random killing spree get too the castle destroy it and win map, I want a little Depth too be in the Characters)
-Duel Event (Challenge Players too a duel and relocated too Duel Corner)
-Cinematics (Im hopeful for this)
-Strategic points (Basicly if your units are in a certain area like a hill they will recive certain bonuses)
-Unit Upgrades (Too increase teamwork and resource management the blacksmith will have upgrades so that you can increase the armour and defense on your units out in the field)
-Unit Training (You can hire bodyguards and special characters too help you in the field)
-Unit Towers (Kinda stole this from TOB I liked the idea tho. Basicly you can build that units Tower by a Unit Spawn building and it will make that unit in the future waves)

Highland Forces Heros
Irving Torrance(Weaponmaster)/Uther Model
Primary attribute-Strength
Starting Strength-23(+2.25 level)
Starting Intelligence-18(+1.70 level)
Starting Agility-17(1.55 level)
Unit Description-This hero is ment too be the support type, who heals the other heros and boosts them with various abilities. However he is also a proficent melee user. His weakness is one on one battles against hero killers.
Hero Description-Irving is a legendary weaponmaster who trains many of the young Clan members in the way of war. Irving has been known for his calm and compassionate ways. However the Demonic invasion has made him anything but compassionate.

Kegan Bloodscar(Berserker)/Mountain King Model
Primary attribute-Strength
Starting Strength-24(2.50 level)
Starting Intelligence-15(1.50 level)
Starting Agility-16(1.50 level)
Unit Description-Kegan Bloodscar is the disrupter type Hero his abilities will include one unit stunning abilities and group stuns. He can hold his own one on one but his weakness is his lack of diverse abilities.
Hero Description-Kegan is a solitary warrior who has heard the call of war once again. Coming too the aid of his people he vows too kill the Demons until he is slain.

Alexander Middleton(Highland Cheiftain)/Grom Hellscream Model
Primary Attribute-Agility
Starting Strength-18(+2 level)
Starting Intelligence-16(+2.25 level)
Starting Agility-20(2.75 level)
Unit Description-This is the main Single unit killer or Hero Killer, his moves are based around doing lots of damage. He has various stun abilities too keep his foe near him. His weakness is that his abilities take up alot of mana.
Hero Description-Alexander Middleton and his Clan were the first too rally against the growing Demon threat. Now here they will make there stand against the Demons and either banish them or die trying.

Lorne the Ancient(High Druid)/Furion Model
Primary Attribute-Intelligence
Starting Strength-15(+1.50 level)
Starting Intelligence-22(+2.50 level)
Starting Agility-15(+1.50 level)
Unit Description-This unit is a mix between a disrupter and Hero Killer, alot of his abilities do area of effect damage but there mainly directed towards mass damage as well.
Hero Description-Lorne is an old hermit who lived in the Highland mountains mastering his Druid abilities. Little did he know he would have too use them against his apprentice.

Alan Ironsword/Briac Ironsword(Highland Protector/Arthas with Frostmourne
Primary Attribute-Strength
Starting Strength-22(+2 level)
Starting Intelligence-22(+2 level)
Starting Agility-15(+2 level)
Unit Description-These two heros are not playable, they are at the first Highland Village that the enemy attacks, they are ment too stop early village destroying and provide a challenge for enemies. They are also quest givers and targets for the Demonic Forces.
Hero Description-The only hero ability these two have are Unit Ressurection, they have critical strike,evasion and bash as unit abilities too prove a challenge in combat.

Last edited:
Level 4
Yes, I didnt even look at your ADTS. Ive been writing all my ideas down on some sheets of paper for the last two months.

Level 6
hmm the scottish didnt beleve in demons.... but spirits on the other hand... if your going to make it realistic how about putting in a jackabite warrior a highland noble and maby change the names of the druids to glen wanderer or something a bit more scottish... maby change the units to highland rabbles and so on right now it just seems extreemly british oh and ironsword isnt a scottish name try name him after a scottish sword if you do ironsword is british try flamberge srry about doing this my family is very scottish.... oh and PUT THE ENGLISH IN AND LET US DESTROY THEM!!

Level 4
Yeh my dad lived in Scotland so im first generation Canadian. The story line isnt really focused on what the scottish belived in but what happens when Demons suddenly come into the Scottish Realm. As for the names I used them from a Celtic name generator besides the Ironsword part I just kinda got lazy and used that as a Placeholder. My friend and I who are working on the map were thinking of adding some English in as a random event, but the timeline of this battle and when the English Invade is tough too do without making it completely random.

Basicly this happened before the Scottish really knew about the English, but its still probably gonna happen. Like I said this is just a small area of the Highland Region with maybe like 4 Clans that were fighting before the Demons showed up. The Demon free scotland was invaded and they used the power hungry Ultan too finally enter the area. Sorry if its not super scottish but im trying too add a bit of my own ideas and trying too keep it as close too Scottish ways as I can.

By the way its great too know theres another person of Scottish Blood on the forums!

Level 4
Clan Middleton (Forbes). Ive done lots of research on them and Scotland whenever I can. I must say our peoples history was pretty kool. Especially how we beat the English haha.

Level 4
Alright time for an update (Been rather busy with Personal Stuff).

Demonic Forces Heros
Khazrak(Demon Guard Commander)/Archimonde Model
Starting Strength-22 (+2.40 level)
Starting Intelligence-18 (+1.75 level)
Starting Agility-14 (+1.40 level)
Unit Description-Khazrak is a jack of all trades type hero, he can hold his own in melee combat and with his wide range of spells he can dominate the battlefield. Khazrak is designed for more experienced players.
Hero Description-Khazrak is the Commander of the Demon Guards of this invasion. Although prefering too crush his enemies in melee combat he is still a very powerful warlock.

Caedmon the Betrayer(Corrupt Cheiftain)/Undead Arthas Model
Starting Strength-23 (+2.45 level)
Starting Intelligence-17 (+1.65 level)
Starting Agility-16 (+1.50 level)
Unit Description-Caedmon is a powerful melee opponent who is mainly a hero killer. He has alot of single unit targeting abilities that deal massive damage allowing him too quickly kill opponents.
Hero Description-Caedmon was Alexanders best friend and ally until he left his clan and the other Cheiftains. Infused with Demonic power Caedmon now seeks too duel Alexander and convince him too join the Demonic armies.

Fleshclaw(Beast Demon)/Eldar Sasquatch Model
Primary Attribute-Agility
Starting Strength-20 (+1.85 level)
Starting Intelligence-15 (+2.00 level)
Starting Agility-18 (+2.25 level)
Unit Description-Fleshclaw is another semi complicated hero too play. Fleshclaw is a mix between a Hero Killer and a disruption unit,hes a mix between the Alien from the movie Alien and Predator from...Predator. Fleshclaw is mainly suited too take out Magic Heros, his abilities sap there mana and strengthen him from it leaving the Magic heros softed too attacks.
Hero Description-Fleshclaw is a Demonic Beast who stalks his prey from the shadows, once dead he feasts on there magic energies, Fleshclaw has also been known too consume his own.

Ultan the Corrupt(Warlock)/Lich Model
Primary Attribute-Intelligence
Starting Strength-17 (+1.55 level)
Starting Intelligence-20 (+2.45 level)
Starting Agility-14 (+1.00 level)
Unit Description-Ultan is the complete opposite of his former mentor Lorne. Not choosing too dish out damage but rather weaken his targets using various spells. Although he is rather weak compared too others he can wittle you down too make you Ultan was the apprentice of Lorne being heavily trained in the ways of the Druid however he has switched his power too fuel his Warlock abilities making him a devasting being.almost nothing.

Morghur/Gorthor(Demon Commander)/Dreadlord Model
Starting Strength-22 (+2.25 level)
Starting Intelligence-22 (+2.25 level)
Starting Agility-22 (+2.25 level)
Unit Description-These two heros are not playable rather they are used a town protectors for the first defense against there foes. Morghur and Gorthor are quest givers and should prove too be a challenge against even the most powerful opponent.
Hero Description-These two heros have Animate Dead so that they may bring back there fallen minions too continue fighting. They also have Bash,Critical Strike and Evasion.
Hero Description-

Status
Not open for further replies.