• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Worldeditor help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi i'm new here at the hive and new to everything
How do i make the trees uncuttable but you still get lumber from it by workers like in vampirism speed?How do your change how much lumber a worker can bring back in one load?How do you make the maximum health to anything you want?How do you make the maximum heroes lvel to 10,000?How do you use variables (trust me i looked at all tutorials but it's all too complicated for me)?
How do i make an item recipe like when you buy ring and silver ring it will fused and will be a golden ring?How do i use my imported spells?Why does the models i import and put in the object editor appear to be a shadow in the game?AND HOW DO I EDIT MODELS:vw_wtf::vw_wtf::vw_wtf::vw_wtf::vw_wtf::vw_wtf:
THIS IS REALLY DUMB IF YOUR REALLY GOOD O_O PLS. DON'T INSULT ME

Level 8
Welcome to The Hive,

You should use JNGP (Jass New Gen Pack) It's in the Tools Section (That way you can import Jass systems into your map)

This should work -
Uncuttable Trees -Set the HP and regen of the tree really high in the Object Editor.
More Lumber - Change the damage your peasent does with the gather ability.
Max hero - Click Advanced - Gameplay Constants - Hero Max Level (Hold shift to set it to something higher than it will allow)

Variables are just something you set, and your able to recall what it's set to and you'll need to use them to prevent memory leaks

For recipes, too much to explain, you can download a system that someone else made HERE to see how they did it.
A lot of systems can be found in the "Spells" Section of the site.

Imported spells are usually just copy/pasted into your map (Make sure you have "Automatically create unknown variables while pasting trigger data" checked under File - Prefrences)

When you import a model do it in these steps
1. Import
2. Make sure you have the right Path set for each one
3. Save your map
4. Assign the model to something.

Editing models can be done with a modeling program, not something easy to do.

Level 7
Dont use high regen for uncuttable trees if you dont increase their max hp - with lots of units on the tree it may still cut down - every peon/peasant/ghoul has an ability that allows them to cut trees, in this ability it has a damage value - this value is the amount it will damage a tree per hit, if set to 0.00, it will never cut down a tree, no matter how many units on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.