• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Well the files were stictly blizz files. I just customized using vertex modifier asnd war3model editor. saved the same way as a few other models i made. I did notice that the location for the origional skin is different than the modified skin.

Heres the files. I just cant get it to work like the rest. Archemonde's skin was the different location when imported, said something like "units/.../.../archemonde.blp" when i imported i just erased the "war3.../". i dunno if that matters or not.

Last edited:
Level 12
So, it said:

war3imported/Archemonde.blp
and you put
Archemonde.blp

But the skin for Archemonde's model was
units/campaign/undead/archemonde.blp
or something like that?

You have to get the skin right. But that shouldnt close the editor

Level 12
Are you sure this is supposed to be a model? It works as a skin if you only use the BLP and add it onto the Warlcok model (map attached)

I'm not really sure how else to help you though, since I have little experience with Magos.

Actually, I have none. I figured this out remembering the only thing I've ever done with Magos: Making a footman skin work while using the original footman.

Attachments

• darknes archemonde model.w3m
    189.6 KB · Views: 20
  • darknesmod.jpg
    darknesmod.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Warlock.mdx
    144.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Archemonde.blp
    96.2 KB · Views: 36
  • darknesmodimport.png
    darknesmodimport.png
    55.9 KB · Views: 38
Level 8
I like that it works now, thanks btw!! but yea its suppose to be a start to a model, ive changed the geosets to make it look more like a draenei death knight. Erased the whole warlock look. But thank you for getting it working, i dont know what you did though lol. Appreciate it. :)

This is the pic of what i had so far for him.

Last edited:
Level 12
I opened the "Warlock" model with the MPQ broswer.
I imported the BLP texture you made.
I changed all unit/demon/warlock/archemonde.blps with your BLP texture and then pimported your BLP texture and the "Warlock" model. You can do this to use both a skin and its original model. By the way, good job. Are you going to upload him? I'd love to use him in my campaign.

Level 8
Nevermind haha i uploaded it last night...well the hive didnt like it, thought it was too simple. So it was uploaded for about 5 minutes lol. I posted the skin though, they dont seem to mind that. But heres the official file for you of the geoset an such. Just import the blp file with no path. erase "war3imported/"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.