• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Please dudes! Minimapreview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
:vw_wtf::vw_wtf::vw_wtf::vw_wtf::vw_wtf::vw_wtf::vw_wtf::vw_wtf::vw_wtf:

answer meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :vw_sad::vw_sad::vw_sad::vw_sad:
I can't make a minimapreview and this is the last thing missing to complete the map, i'm trying to do this 4 months already and i can't.
Please, give me a tutorial that works. Explain me detail by detail, please staffs, it's your job help me right? Help!

I'll tell some details that may be important:
I have that thing wich makes the minimap ingame full black
When i unmark the "hide minimap preview in screens" on maps options the game crashs.

Does this make difference?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Follow one of the dozens of tutorials explaining how to do this.

If dealing with BLP you need to encode the image as a BLP. Simply changing the file extension is not enough and will probably cause the game to crash when loading the file. Use a too like "BLPLab" to convert from common formats like JPEG to BLP.

A program like GIMP can be used to create and edit common format images.

The image probably requires precise dimensions to work, so you need to resize it or add boarders when appropriate to reach these dimensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.