• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World War III 1.4

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a World War 3 map (for RoC). It is based off another World War 3 map (which my friend played before i even got WC3), but we remade the whole terrain, balanced out units, created new units, and i even imported a few models for the secret goblin units (the models are from this site, i gave credits in the credits quest)

For those who don't know what World War 3 maps are:
- No food. So basically unlimited armies.
- Units need no lumber, but it is still needed for unit upgrades.
- No air units.

Differences in this map:
- There are Zeppelins and Anti Zeppelins (anti-air air units), and 2 buildings that build them (1 build the basic ones, the other is expensive and can build different types)
- Goblin buildings and units (includes advanced zeppelins and AZs, the most advanced require wood)
- Three hidden custom heros (not like the usual custom heros you can train at your base limitless times. These have a 1000 second (more or less, forgot the exact number) restock time)
- More balanced than some other versions i played
- Some parts of the world require zeppelins. For example, to attack africa or UK, u NEED zeppelins.
- Druids of the Talon have Storm Crow form
- Kills scoreboard*
- Sudden death trigger** (in case host has to leave)
- Kick triggers***

*Slightly bugged, Red always gets 1 kill for no reason. Also, i think it counts summoned units, while the scores screen after the game doesn't (if that is not the case, then i gotta remake the whole leaderboard)
**Causes major lag cause of the number of infernals created, but it lags only at the time they are created, after that its fine. Only other trigger i could think of for sudden death would be "every 0.1 second destroy random unit" (the trigger would be written differently)
***The Kick and Sudden death trigger are triggered trough a very complicated text message (which is that complicated because otherwise everyone could just kick their enemies as the host doesnt always choose red)

One last thing: i forgot to remove the "sensor phalanx" building from the goblin builders. It is generally crap and not worth to be built, and it will be removed in the next version.
Also, the next version will be made after i get enough comments from you guys so that i know what to edit.
The map is protected so that it cant be opened in the editor (as i know a lot of maps get millions of really crappy copies), so if you want to know details about some triggers or unit information, PM me and i'll make a screenshot.
If i forgot something, it is because im working on another map, and havent played WW3 in a while due to my friend not being able to play, and i suck when playing alone (altough i and my friend once won a 2v9)

on Battle.net contact me as "The_Almaity", and my friend "Wepster" (written on the loading screen as well.)

Keywords:
World War 3, World War III, WW3, Renew, no food, unlimited, WW, World War, war
Contents

World War III 1.4 (Map)

Reviews
14:16, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 6
WTH?! WW3 With no Air units but Zeppelins? Goblins in Europe? This should not be named as WORLD WAR III... Warcraft 3: Europe Wars or something else... I dont see anything that fit its name, you just name it with WORLD WAR III without the rest of the world? No Hi-Tech Machines or any hi-tech flying machines, just zeppelins? man, zeppelins are useless in WW2 so as WW3...

Dont name it WW3 w/o this:
1.)The whole WORLD or the rest of the World, w/o it you cant ever call it WORLD WAR.
2.)Custom Units that can be seen in the world(not in fantasy world), i dont even think that Night Elves and Goblins would help in WW3...
3.)Goldmines, Why there are gold mines here? They will just take some space in the whole terrain. This gold thing must be in triggers(create a trigger that could give gold), you can get gold from tax, and dont use the old WC3 money/gold getting system...
4.)Nothing to say...

w/o this things, this map looks like a Normal melee map with Normal WC3 units...

Level 2
World War 3 maps are a type of maps, like footmen wars, vampirism, hero line wars, that are being played on RoC battle.net (they are played less than the maps just mentioned, but you see them every now and then). And that's just what they are, i dont know who or why he named them like this, it's just how it is. Go on RoC battle.net, and you will see that all the maps are like this one (altough usually slightly smaller terrain, maybe unbalanced units, and custom heros that can be made infinite times).
Also, there arent really Goblins in europe. 1.) The goblin engineer is found in greenland or Turkey (asian part), and second, its just what i call them since the builder you have to buy is a goblin, and bought at a goblin building. The units are only machines (zeppelins, shredders, or custom models)

Level 6
World War 3 maps are a type of maps, like footmen wars, vampirism, hero line wars, that are being played on RoC battle.net (they are played less than the maps just mentioned, but you see them every now and then). And that's just what they are, i dont know who or why he named them like this, it's just how it is. Go on RoC battle.net, and you will see that all the maps are like this one (altough usually slightly smaller terrain, maybe unbalanced units, and custom heros that can be made infinite times).
Also, there arent really Goblins in europe. 1.) The goblin engineer is found in greenland or Turkey (asian part), and second, its just what i call them since the builder you have to buy is a goblin, and bought at a goblin building. The units are only machines (zeppelins, shredders, or custom models)

Ok, got it... :D

Level 7
WTH?! WW3 With no Air units but Zeppelins? Goblins in Europe? This should not be named as WORLD WAR III... Warcraft 3: Europe Wars or something else... I dont see anything that fit its name, you just name it with WORLD WAR III without the rest of the world? No Hi-Tech Machines or any hi-tech flying machines, just zeppelins? man, zeppelins are useless in WW2 so as WW3...

Dont name it WW3 w/o this:
1.)The whole WORLD or the rest of the World, w/o it you cant ever call it WORLD WAR.
2.)Custom Units that can be seen in the world(not in fantasy world), i dont even think that Night Elves and Goblins would help in WW3...
3.)Goldmines, Why there are gold mines here? They will just take some space in the whole terrain. This gold thing must be in triggers(create a trigger that could give gold), you can get gold from tax, and dont use the old WC3 money/gold getting system...
4.)Nothing to say...

w/o this things, this map looks like a Normal melee map with Normal WC3 units...

I back up that comment

and By the way, ww3 isnt a type of game type with melee units, thats just a stupid map that has 0 point to it
worldwar 3, is the war after worldwar 2 that is yet to happen, please rename this, at least to, something similar, to...
'warcraft in europe' OR something similar
Its goddamn stupid calling a game ww3 when you run around with swords bows and axes, i see no guns, i see no nukes, i see no modern countries or cities, i see no planes, i see no missiles, i see no ships....

Vote for rejection UNTIL UPDATED.

Level 2
i dont know who or why he named them like this, it's just how it is. Go on RoC battle.net and you will see that all the maps are like this one (altough usually slightly smaller terrain, maybe unbalanced units, and custom heros that can be made infinite times).

Which part don't you understand? Also, if i name it something else and host it on Battle.net, less people will join as it's some unknown type of map, and the people who want to play a WW3 map (and which are probably good at them) won't join. You go out there with TD and change it's name to cheese sandwhich and host it under the same name, and tell me how many people who were looking for a TD joined.

Also, i constantly see a WW3 in the TFT Battle.net as well (it's called World War ][][][, or something like that, i'll edit it once i check), which isn't very different (except that it has TFT units and all the stuff that came in TFT, and the night elves have a different builder unit and tower (only played night elves there))

If you never heard of such maps, and you don't see them in Battle.net, it's probably cause u aren't on the Northrend/European server.

I would like people to stop commenting the same thing about the name, if you want to comment something like this, just don't. You see other people did it already and received an answer, there's no need in repeating.

Level 7
I keep my statement, World war 3 is the war after world war 2 which at this point in time, has not happened yet.
anyone joining a 'ww3' map would expect;
nukes, planes, guns, tanks, etc.
please change the name to 'wc3-europe' or something.

Level 2
Ok, everyone joining a map called WW3 on The Frozen Throne might expect advanced technology, missiles, tanks, guns and other modern means of warfare.

Now scroll back up and check whether this is a TFT map or a RoC map. As ive stated twice before, there are quite a few WW3 maps being played on RoC Northrend Battle.net, they arent the most popular maps, but they include what i wrote under "For those who don't know what World War 3 maps are:"

Would anyone now like to comment on the map, and not the name for a whole type of RoC Northrend-server maps, for which it just happens to be that i'm the first one to upload one to the hive?

Last edited: