• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World of XXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
The Story
A world crafted by the Notsoki Gods, and it was simply called ''[Censor]''. Nobody ever knew where this ridicilous name for a planet came from but they couldn't care less because there were other things on peoples minds every time the subject was brought up.

Within the kingdom of Litherium a problem arose, the king ''Garth'' had been in the grip by a terrible disease the last few months and now all doctors proclaimed it was totally useless to proceed medication. He felt sorry for himself and his people but he knew he had no chance of surviving otherwise than living in pain for the rest of his life lying in a bed.

So the king died, the people were confused and so was the whole royal order. So ofcourse the next few weeks after the funeral of the king the whole government was rearrangening things for the coming of the new king, which they did not find yet. But they didn't seem to realize that at all.

When everything was set to welcome a new king they realized how stupid they were, while they were getting things in order for themselves they totally forgot about the people and the land around them. Some villages were already captured by vicious gnolls and several mines were overrun by kobolds and golems from the underground empires.

Something had to be done, a king had to be chosen now!

They arranged a sort of contest, the hardest of contest, the contest of contests that only the fittest, strongest, bravest and intelligent man of all would be able to succeed.

And so it came to pass that the son of a simple peasant was crowned king ''Kirth Zeaubr''.

Kirth was always respected but because of the power had made him a little mad and bitter the people used to call him The Frozen Prince. Since he was only the son of a farmer and that was not truly a worthy title to become a king, however Kirth ruled the land for several years and he did it well. The land was prosperous and the citizens did not have a short amount of wealth.

However the father of Kirth was never really happy with his son having a high function within the royal order while he was still a peasant himself for all these years. He demanded that he would give him a tittle worthy of his existance, and the prince couldn't resist this.

So with a vague grin on his face Kirth sent his father on an expedition to the far North telling him that if he found out that the land was inhabbitable he could be the new ruler of it. Offcourse Kirth knew the northern lands were not a decent climate to hold out in, and he intended to lead his father right into his own death.

More then half of the men died while proceeding into the heart of the very northern land, Kirth's father ''Arok'' knew he was betrayed by his very own son but refused to surrender to the mountain and die nor would he return to his son empty handed bowing to his knee with him laughing at his pathetic attempt to gain power.

In all his madness Arok had slain the last of his own men, he made them accidently fall of a cliff or something like that. And to the last one he simply ''accidently'' smashed his pick-axe into his face.

With all his men dead Arok was still going on, feasting on their bodies that he brought with them. He loathed himself, his son, the world, and the last thing he would expect him to do happend.

He fell onto his knees and cried, he shouted, the cursed the whole world and the held his mouth so he could hear his saddening cries echo within the mountains. He slowly stumbled to the edge of a cliff and pulled his body over it intending to kill himself.

But he didn't die...

Instead of dying Arok fell into some sort of room with a blue flame dancing on a pedestal in the mid, with his weakened body Arok stood up and opend his eyes a little more. Not knowing what the flame was the just walked towards it hoping it would be a warm fire, or hoping he could burn himself in it.

But upon touching it dissapeared and Arok felt the blue flame searing through his body, his eyes were pulsing into a blue light and the earth around him trembled. His body was melting but it didn't hurt, as Arok was somehow crying of joy he transformed into something different, something powerfull. So powerfull it could avenge his son, the world.... the universe!

Arok would not rest, with an immense burst of energy he rushed towards the kingdom where his fake son ruled. With hatred Arok burned everything in his path, leaving behind a frozen path of ice. When he arrived total chaos broke out, he litteraly broke into the castle and retrieved his son by holding him within one hand. He looked him into the eyes and said, ''Now you will serve my purpose as i have served yours''.

He left, leaving the Litherium kingdom without a king again but also leaving death and destruction to certain parts of the land.

Now 60 years later it has been quite a while this all happend, some parts of the land had already been restored if it wasn't for King Frost's troops to destroy them. Arok had been named King Frost, a Demi-God of the northern mountains over which he ruled as a king. With his son under his command by an evil spell and a vast army of diabolical creatures from the cold pits of the land he named Arokahna he unleashed his wrath again upon the south.

In the first wave of the war many lands were destroyed and corrupted by the foul magic Arok's armies brought fourth. But with luck, vigor, courage and beastial instinct the mortal armies knew to drive them back in front of the Frost Gate.

Now the only thing left to do is to break true that last lines of defense, carve a path true his armies and break open that cursed gate to face King Frost on his own hallowed ground.
This is just a story i blurted out for a map. You don't get any information about the map (That is why the XXXX is there!), only just this story. Actually this is already too much and i am a fool for posting this...

Anways tell me what you think about it.

(Btw, the STORY itself not the GRAMMAR etc. although feel free to correct anything because i havent checked it for any mistakes)

Last edited:
Level 1
i will stop guessing & wait till you tell
>you will have to think about the contest in detail. You said it can be passed
fittest, strongest, bravest and intelligent man of all would be able to succeed.
Too much qualities that are needed. So it is one thing you have to think about.
>Good animations
>Good models
>whatever map you are planning to make a cinematic about this story will make the whole thing seem much nicer
>Next time you have a story for a map try to go into Idea Factory - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Level 17
Oooh. I like it. Good job, wand. I would definately like to see this as a map. Or whatever plans you have for it.

Keep it up. ^.^

Also... King Frost reminds me of the Lich King for some odd reason. Ugh, I don't know how. Must just be me.

Level 17
Ah. I love that model. ^.^ So this map, will it be a campaign, RPG, cinematic, or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.