• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

- World Of Warcraft - V1.4

Reactions: stonneash
Contents

- World Of Warcraft - V1.4 (Map)

Level 5
The map is very crowded, slow moving, uninteresting. Reshape the cities and make the zones larger than 3 monsters large. Not a recommended download. . . Yet

Check out wars of azeroth to get an idea at what a wow map should be

Level 2
Hum, i tested this and i'm quite... hum
Map is bad, it's sure. Terrain and design is horrible, there's not a lot of doodads. Spells are bad, units too. And of course, they are imported models, that make the map very big.

You could ameliorate all this points, but you will have lot lot of work.

ZaKrios

Level 5
This wasnt too much fun there should be more monsters, spells too and its boring and the world should be bigger because I tried an elf and in 2 minutes im in the land of the dwarves also it would be better if u added custom models to the characters :roll: the desing of the map (doodads, complemets,etc) was awfull WoW is specialy focused on terrain and city decoration

Level 2
1. just because ppl say its good doesn't mean it is
2. they say its the best one yet, that doesn't mean they like it
3. zakrios is right 100% all the way

Level 9
well, convince blizard to increase maximum map size, then we can make it bigger.
and also, i say you went into a portal near Nightelves and got to Stormwind, then went around to the Dwarves, you cant get from Kalimdor to EasternKingdooms in 2 minutes without going through a portal.

Level 1
This... needs some work.
Though the map itself is as big as WC3 will allow, too much of it is used on ocean, so the continents end up being small, which is why traveling doesn't take too long.
The environment. Pretty much the only doodads are trees and archways, so the areas look very bland and unfinished. The instances/dungeons, especially, are ugly. Plants, rocks, cliffs, hills, props, etc. would make it look a lot better.
The heroes. The majority of the spells are non-customs, and most of the others aren't that well done. A bunch of the models also don't really fit; an undead rogue is Illidan? Some cusotm models can make that better.
There weren't nearly enough monsters per zone; most heroes would be able to take out small groups, but the creeps in this map are very spread out and alone.
The capital cities... are just a bunch of farms/burrows smashed together and some other buildings/doodads around them.
Also, not sure if this is real, but when I tried this with a friend he said that the Blademaster-modeled-hero had an attack gruond where he threw dead huntresses. Not sure if this is true or not, but that's what he said.
Also, you should probably try to add in some quests. They can be sorta hard to do, but they would make it a much better RPG.
This could be a good alternative to WoW, but not the way it is.

Level 2
well, convince blizard to increase maximum map size, then we can make it bigger.
and also, i say you went into a portal near Nightelves and got to Stormwind, then went around to the Dwarves, you cant get from Kalimdor to EasternKingdooms in 2 minutes without going through a portal.
j

actually theres a tool called wenolimits in the tool section on this website, using it lets u use unlimited nething on the editor

Level 2
Map was okay.
Too much space was put into oceans.
Continents looks small >:|
It was kinda bland.
But anyways, some of the features was good.
This map needs more effort.
6/10

Level 11
Well, this map has hope. But as the other coments say, this is crap. I have some tips, and I hope you consider them

Add the quest system. Every quest you do, you gain a level. This is the only way to level up, creeps dont give XP. Leveling 1-60, you do quests SIMILAR to the ones in WoW. But not nearly exactly. Like during level 1-60, orcs in Vally of Trials will do some crap to destroy the demons in a cave to the north. After those quests, there are some quests to kill voodoo trolls on the isle. At level 60, there are only a few quests you can do, but they are purely for Class-specific abilitys, such as at level 60 the warlock will do a quest to learn inferno.

I dont suggest making like 30 abilities per class. But, you can do some abilities that are similar to the ones In WoW. Such as for a warrior class, a Hero version of Scroll of Armor, do it with radius of 0.01 with +999999 armor. This will give major speed, and be invulnerable. Do level 1, 3 seconds. level 2, 4 seconds, and so on. This is for charge. (This idea is directly from Kargath's ability in CoTH) Also, the other abilities for the other classes can be none-custom and slight custom (Exp: To get soul shards for Demon summon for Warlock, do a Life drain that drains 0 life for 5 seconds. With triggers, make it so if it dies under the buff the caster will get the buff of "Soulshard". You can summon a demon ONLY under this buff, and when you summon him the buff will be consumed.

Terrain: Yea... no point in all for talking about how much it sucks (no offence, lol) You may want to search for the mod that increases map size max to 480 (or something). This was used on SotDRP Yag-Sinekas to increase map size, so people could do custom terrain themselves ingame. Also, I would remove all of the sea, Make the continents bigger, then use the Zeplins and Ships as Waygates instead of using boats. This will allow the continents to be MUCH bigger. Also, I would remove ALL of the trees, increase the size, then make them more spread out. this looks more like it does in WoW. Also, make doodads for houses, and try to copy terrain from WoW itself (I am working on a map "Invasion of Quel'thalas" and I based the city of silvermoon off of the one in WoW, making the quarters and such. Also, since I know even with the mod and removing the seas, it will still be not nearly as big as it would be fittingly, so I would make ALL the units a smaller size, and do some fancy camera system (Also slow unit speed to make it realistic). For the terrain itself, its very flat, and you could make some hills, small bumps at places, but rarely is it completely flat. At citys like thunderbluff, you could make doodads with the model of buildings and make them around the city, facing them towrd some kind of road, and make a road that goes around the city. (Dont forget to make unit vendors, this is very important for cities. Making goblin merchants outside of cities kinda...well...) What I thought bugged me is that you made the bosses really big... this is unrealistic. Such as, Sylvanas didnt get a size growing potion, so she shouldnt be so big. I also noticed that Anq'iraj was on the Eastern Kingdoms where Gilneas should be, which is tottally random. It SHOULD be in Silthis to the west left of Ungoro crator. Speaking of Ungoro, make some mines scattered around it, with the little outpost thingy :p. Dont forget to make outposts scattered around all the areas. + DUstwallow marsh is a tiny peice of rock with a tree and grass on it.

Yes, custom models, we all needs them. Now, one comment said something about undead rogue being Evil illidan. This is actually common in maps like this. If I where you, If I cant model I would request someone to make a Female & Female version of each race (Such as a normal Orc Male and Female) and then do attachments to them. For some of the bosses, I would find some WoW models. Such as thrall without his wolf, because who wants to ride a wolf all the time, + its kinda hard to share a throne with a wolf :p. But, other bosses such as Tyrande without a tiger could be as symble as replacing her model with Shandris. Also, there are some models in Warcraft III that are relevent to the ones in WoW, and the only point in replacing them would be for fun. Also, if you wanted to do the Mount as a Transport thing, a few mount models wouldnt hurt. If you wanted to get a ram model for example, it would be nice to have Rams AND frostwolves in Alteract vally to be more realistic.

Dungeon Content... yeshhhh... Ok, why you made the bosses super big ill never know. but it doesnt make it any cooler. I would make bosses like Cobrahan smaller, mabye a little glowy, but not huge. But Mutanous and Verdan (tree guy) I wouldnt change size, cus they are freakishly huge. But the dungeons dont look anything like they do in WoW. such as Wailing caverns in this is just a 1 way maze from start to finish. Nah, I would change this too. Make it bigger, make multi paths so you can get lost, atleast if you're a retard. Also, Alterac Vally.. hmm. As my previouse statement, doesnt look like it does in WoW. I would make a road system from south to north, as you go there are Graveyards and Towers. Instead of killing the towers, when the tower's hp goes to 0, instead of dieing, it turns to the other team. For every tower, the team's general will get more hp and damage. Also, so that theres an actual reason for doing AV, I would make the Lumber resource the "Honor Points" which can be spent on PvP Items. PvP and PvE items have 1 diffrence- PvE items give more armor, but less dodge, PvP items give less armor, but more dodge. PvE items of coarse come from dungeons, while PvP items come from doing PvP alone, and also say if an orc sees a human and the orc is all pissy and wants to steal get some honor :p. I would add more dungeons, like Molten Core. +, the gates of Anq'iraj and the gate to that stone guy W/e he is takes way to long to kill. How about making a region, when a player enters the region he goes inside the instance, (after he comes inside/outside he will have a 1 sec stun to prevent hit n run stuff) and then go out. +, I would give some room on the entrance of Anq'iraj, so that you can group up with your friendly players :p.

Gold, err, was this even used? Yes, gold. It wasnt really used, was it? Well, My idea is: Creeps, depending on their level, will drop more gold. Such as a level 1 creep will drop 1-2 g, while a level 10 creep will drop 7-8g. Also, say you where killing some creeps and a rare item drops (Also add a random chance for rare items :p) and you want to sell it on the Auction house. Again, my idea is that you can drop a "World Drop" item on a region area in any auction house, and it will have a 60% chance to sell, and a 40% chance to not sell. If it does sell, you get an amount of gold. If it doesn sell, you get a small amount of gold (you get pissed off and vender it, lol). Oh, and why would you get gold? You can get special "buy" special items on the AH as if it i where a vender. (The cool down is long on the items). The items themselves are usually PvE items. the normal item you would buy would cost more gold depending on how much more stats it gives.

Custom Units, wtf is that? Ok, yes, im sure anyone here can turn into angry german kid on you for having only a few Custom units. I dont know what you think, but custom units are very important for having a smooth game. Yea, might not be fun making 2 diffrent grunts "Den Grunt" "Razorhill Grunt" "Crossroad Grunt" but it makes the game much more smoothed out. Also, where the units location's importance is usually a good excuse to make them stronger. Such as a Guard of Stormwind is much more important then a guard at Goldshire, so he would be trained more, thus more stronger. Also, in wailing caverns, you used Druid of the Claw for "Druid of the Fang" thats a no no. Dont do that, its just lazy. Also, you had Fel Orc grunts in Alterac vally. Err, im sure that was the first thing everyone noticed. I would make 2 custom units for the Horde, both an orc and Tauren named "Frostwolf Guardian" and both a Human and Dwarf named "Alterac (forgot the name XD)" also, Alterac vally had Ragged wolves... err, no. Make Alterac Rams, and Frostwolves. Make them stronger, 'n stuff. Again, dont be afriad to make alot of custom units just to make it more smooth.

Ok, I want to try this new campaign I dled, and I cant type more for tonight. I will be suggesting ALOT more tommarow. GL, and I would want to work on this map myself some, if you would let me. :D

Last edited:
Level 11
I actually tested this map, and I must say, this is FAR from little effort, there IS items, there IS a revive system, there ARE custom spells (Even if they arent triggered, they arent just copys of other spells) even though this is unbalanced, and mgiht be boring to play (If you are alone) I would NOT say this has little effort.

(Not double post, 48hour + diffrence)

Level 3
eh sorry..another thing i saw its now 4.2/5 because in my dwarf hunter i have skills:Brilliance Aura-Summon Misha-Far Sight-TruesShot Aura And i got a sheild when im a hunter 2nd that is sooo easy but its fun i can kill the wolf in 3 hits and the pet has 800 hitpoints at level 1!!and you can easily but from the budget shop()()that is now 4/5

Level 3
Important

Shadow123

First of All - this is not your OWN MAP

Secondary - You Should not Publish Stolen Stuff as Yours

Third - Atleast, when you are Gonna Re-Edit some Maps nad POST THEM AS
YOURS - Make Something New !!!!!

:goblin_boom: :goblin_boom: :goblin_boom:
:thumbs_down::thumbs_down::thumbs_down::thumbs_down::thumbs_down:

What you are Trying to Make should look like this :
578343.jpg

Map was okay.
Too much space was put into oceans.
Continents looks small >:|
It was kinda bland.
But anyways, some of the features was good.
This map needs more effort.
6/10

well, agree too but I see some few things that I would like to point out.
1. The Proper names. I saw the grunt hero named Mikasa then the Blademaster Mikasa too? I think it would be better if you put your own stylish names..
2. The heroes are too few for subraces such as dwarf and troll. Please find more models and put better skills for them.
3. The starting cinematic is kinda long
4. 40 seconds of selection.. please add more time
5. For the Dwarven Hunter, it's all auras and a summon Misha- all aura skills are boring, not the active ones, exciting. and Misha? that was Rexxar's bear right? why would he be called by a dwarf? please edit some more.
6. Gold- I really find it hard to have gold from the few monsters and the space..
7. Too much water.. Enlarge the continents for the better. try adding more special effect (example, for the ashenvale cave you could add a terrain deformation) and doodads since wow is focused on that.
Other than that, it was kind of thrilling..

Level 3
Well i Can Always Revive the Project :D Also i Had Extra Stuff to Put in It :) but i need People
If ONE MORE Player from the OLD-SKOOLS :D Write in for FAME :) i am Willing to Share Info :D, Since Some1 Sign up for CO-OP in this MAP :) :psmile:
for Multiplayer Tests but , we can always use the FREE BATTLE NET :D

P.S:
Any of my Projects