• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World of Warcraft spells and such

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey, I am a WoW nerd yes, and I sometimes regret that I got WoW because now I don't got enough time for Wc3x and the WE.

However, I've trying to work on a WoW map, but it goes very slowly because of my WoW Gaming..

However, there's a few spells I would need help with;

Fear - is there somehow possible to make a "fear" buff in Warcraft? I mean, a spell that gives a buff and as long as buff lasts the guy run around without any specific target?

Rage(not really a spell :p) - I can't really find the correct events and such for the 'rage gain' when hit enemy units. I've tried some several things, like

Event: 'A unit is attacked'
Condition: 'Unit attacked is NOT equal to owner of attacking unit + Unit attacking is equal to "warrior"'
Action: 'Set unit property-> Mana to mana of attacking unit + ####'

in the action one, I tried the "Damage done / 3" but the Damage done real is only used in the Event: Specific unit takes damage, and there is no Generic unit takes damage, so this gave me some problems. Any ideas?

Heroic Strike + Ambush and such spells - The spells shall not need to target a unit, so 'charge lumber+gold' spell maybe is a good start, however how to track the damage they deal? when not to specific units? And also, how do I do triggers that check if a unit stands "behind" an enemy unit? Like if the <target> looks at 90º then the <killing thing> is "behind" the <target> within maybe 200range and facing 45-135º?

However, a fast little thing what I need :p

-Trigger for charge ability
-Trigger for heroic strike and trigger for an ambush ability
-A working rage trigger :p

Level 6
For the rage trigger yours should work.

Code:
Rage Trigger
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
        ((Attacking unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
        (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Warrior
    Actions
        Unit - Set mana of (Attacking unit) to ((Mana of (Attacking unit)) + 50.00)

and to detect damage you need 2 triggers.

Code:
Melee Initialization
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Trigger - Add to (/Your Trigger/) the event (Unit - (Picked unit) Takes damage)
Code:
Add Takes Damage
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    Conditions
    Actions
        Trigger - Add to (/Your Trigger/) the event (Unit - (Entering unit) Takes damage)

Status
Not open for further replies.