• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World of Warcraft : Hellfire Peninsula

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Etzer hereby presents you :
sighellfirepeninsulafin.png

This was made by Dragonson (Points up)

Progressing Story :
I started this project almost a year ago, but i stopped Warcraft III for a while. When i wanted to start it again, it was nowhere on my computer, so i found a backup which was far from the point i had been.
I simply started again. Today, all player characters is done, but the terrain, spells, triggers and anything else is FAR FROM FINISHED!

Story :
After almost tenthousand years, The Burning Legion and their undead pets returned to Azeroth with one goal : To conquer and kill the inhabitants.
They failed in their mission and was beaten at the battle of Mount Hyjal.
Even when their leader had fallen, The Burning Legion did not give up. They pressed on the attack.
Today, over thousand warriors from all over Azeroth, fight to keep The Burning Legion out of Azeroth.
Theese attacks is mostly at The Dark Portal, which now is the only way into Azeroth.

Features :
[+] A save/load system (CodeGen 0.5 by TriggerHappy ALL CREDITS TO HIM!)
[+] Almost precise terrain
[+] Same features as the real World Of Warcraft
[+] Tons of quests
[+] Instances
[+] 10 heroes with their own unique spells
Please mention if i forgot anything :p

What it needs to get :
A CustomInventory system [vJass by Anachron]
Something more.

Easter eggs :
LEEROY JENKINS
Artifact weapons
Many more

Who i need :
I BADLY need a terrainer who can make accurate terrain.

I have done great progress this month. Maybe late September.

Download link : Not released yet

Last edited:
Level 25
Sounds quite interesting. Be sure to download and use the New Gen World Editor (find it at thehelper.net) so you can scale the map to 480x480. Will give you more than twice the amount of space to work with than the regular World Editor.

Good luck!

Level 13
It is an interesting concept, but sounds like an awful lot of work to recreate something that already exists.

Just my opinion and preference, but I would suggest that you make up your own world, creatures and spells rather than porting WoW into WC3.

Yea, well i guess i could do so... But my fantasy is 0>my fantasy

Sounds quite interesting. Be sure to download and use the New Gen World Editor (find it at thehelper.net) so you can scale the map to 480x480. Will give you more than twice the amount of space to work with than the regular World Editor.

Good luck!

Yes... Sounds really intersting... Good luck with the map! Will look forward
I will keep updating here, as my projects comes closer to finish.

Thanks for the comments :)

Level 25
I personally think that 480x480 is hardly enough if you wish to create the entire zone accurately. Though I guess it depends on the cameras the players use in the map, whether it's third person or RTS view makes a big difference because scale is important.

Level 13
Well in that case, the most important thing you must include in Hellfire Peninsula is certainly the Fel Reaver, and some epic quest chain you have to do to kill it and get the key to Shattered Halls!

I am looking for a fel reaver model already :)

Make sure there are chatbots that periodically spam out "chuck norris" and "whur iz mankirks wief???" and "lf2m wc tank and healer lululul111111".
I mean hey, hellfire peninsula is the barrens of burning crusade.
No that would ruin the game :pPPP

Level 13
N-n-n-necro revival.
I have added 3 screenshots, and i REALLY need a terrainer.

Level 27
Well Etz, if you're still interested in keeping this going, i could help you out with some artwork in my spare time.

And about a terrainer:
Have you tried the Recruiting section?
There's usually quite alot of them looking for employment there.

Level 13
I'm keeping it going, but I don't need any artwork.
And I already found a terrainer :) btw, will implent the sig now.

Level 3
Please, for the love of anything anyone holds at all sacred change the blue text to something else x_x it destroys my eyes and makes me dizzy trying to read it.

On a side note: Looks jizztastic. =p

Level 13
Yeah, I already got a man on the terrain, but at the moment I am taking a break, real life sucks right now >.<
But I'll be back as soon as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.