• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World of Terrosia: Reconstruction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12

Click the above signature for a link to the main site. NOTE: Not everything on the main site will be in-game. It is currently being cleaned.

What is it?
World of Terrosia - Reconstruction is an ORPG, heavily influenced by the art and terrains of Oblivion, Guild Wars, Baldur's Gate, and other famed ORPGs. It consists of a multitude of professions in which you can choose to be male or female (Only male until we get a modeler). The professions will consist of one model who has hundreds of animations for each weapon, and has benefits for his class-specific weapons. It is quite a large project that requires a large team, something we do not have. The quest system in this game is not fully reliable on the Save/Load system. Quitting a game through some quests might reset the quest for the next game. There are also 2 types of quests - Singular and Multiple quests. In Singular quests, you alone have it. In Multiple quests, the quest goes for the entire team (and is set to the person farthest back in the quest's list, no matter how far you yourself have gotten) Main Quests are generally Multiple Quests, although there are LOTS of exceptions.

What makes this unique?
What sets this off from other ORPGs is its entire format and systems. WoT: R will feature a Karma system that allows players to make decisions and is affected by their decisions. Once players slip too far into the Karma system, it becomes harder and harder to revert the karma. This will have both positive and negative affects, depending on your profession. WoT: R also has a weapon and armor system like no other Warcraft III ORPG. Items are labeled by colors, as stated on the main website (click the signature that marks the top of this page.) To craft weapons and armor, you will require a variety of materials along with your resources. These materials can be bought for a hefty price or "farmed" from enemies. You can also get weapon drops from said enemies. Lastly, selling, trashing, or salvaging items you find will offer you to recieve gold, materials, or mods applied to the weapon. Another major system is the combat system, which I like to call the Combat Evolved system. In this system, you cannot run away, heal, then run back into battle and kill your opponen who hasn't regenerated fully yet. Those who have played Gaia's ORPG have witnessed such a system, but it can get a bit annoying in that map. The Combat Evolve system makes your enemies regenerate more health the longer they don't attack or are attacked. This also happens to players. Along with this, the foes will not follow players for long distances. The Combat Evolved system also effects the ressurection system for both players and enemies/NPCs. When an enemy/NPC dies, there are several conditions effecting his revival. The first is that the person who directly delivered the last blow to him has to be out of the specified region. The second is that 3 minutes must have passed. The third is that no NPC/Enemy/Player is near the spawn point. Players are revived when an allied character of any profession pays 250 gold or a designated professions (Monk, Paragon, etc.) pays 100 gold. They will be forced to "Force Revive" after 60 seconds, or when they use a specific command. The options of Force Revive are paying 300 gold yourself and reviving on the spot, going to The Bonemaw Temple and passing the challenges for 100g, or being revived for free in the closest town or if there is no town nearby in the City of the Damned, where you can re-enter the world for 500g (you can get a maximum of 500 gold here by doing specific jobs.)

Anything else?
Along with the main quest, optional quests, class quests, etc., there are jobs. You can do jobs for money, experience, items, etc. Some jobs are mini-games while others are just standing around. Choosing the right job also means choosing the right profession. A Ranger will be a better fisherman than a Monk, and a Monk will be a better Priest than a Ranger. A Paragon will be more likely to find Trophies for the Museum than an Assassin, where an Assassin will be more likely to eliminate targets without being caught than a Paragon in glittering armor.

RECRUITMENT & CURRENT MEMBERS
Team Members

Stygian Shadow - Terraining, Triggering, Unit Balance, Project Leader, Spells, Ideas, Lore, Quests, ETC.

Asip - Terraining, Other, Project Development

Recaby65 - Minor Terraining, Other, Project Development

Azmuth101 - Currently being contacted if he still wishes to continue work on this ORPG

maddeem - GUI Triggering/Spells
Required Team Members
Coders - We are in desperate need of people with high knowledge of GUI/JASS
Spell Makers - We are in need of an idea team for Spells and a creator for advanced spells, possibly with a knowledge of JASS
Terrainers - This is not a highly required field, but it is always welcome.
Unit Balancers - With a large amount of units, we just can't get enough people to balance them all.
Ideas - We are in need of people who can come up with ideas for quests, spells, etc.
Testers - You should sign up as soon as possible before spots run out.
Modelers - Not required as of the Beta, but highly welcome.
Followers - These are what inspire us to keep going, and what we need from you the most. Even if you post just once every 2 or 3 days, you are a vital asset to the team.
Signature
If you'd like to help, we'd really appreciate it if you put our signature, with a link to this page, as your signature. It would advertise both the project and Dragonson's awesome signatures.

Signature:

If somebody could tell me how to add the code without it showing up as the actual signature as well, I'll put that here. I can't figure it out.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

LORE/STORYLINE

Fort Truth has a history of conflict and warfare dwelling deep into the time of Lionel Dugard, the Hero of the People. Owned by the grand and prosperous continental empire of Vaelhart, Fort Truth was recently disowned and has been sent into Anarchy. Soon after it's decline, the most public of the famed "Bird Armies", (a highly mysterious army of 3 specific bird species-named human guardians that are little known of), known directly as the Eagleguard moved in to quell the hysteria and chaos. Savnig it from Anarchy, they face the problem the armies of Vaelhart were plagued with so many years in the past. Fort Truth is home to many Bandit gangs, including the notorious Bloodbow Bandits who claim it as their capital. Despite Eagleguard superiority, the bandits turn to slaughter innocent civilians to instill fear into the Eagleguards and cause them to retreat before harm is done. Although the Eagleguards show no will to leave the city, the Bandits continue to capitalize on the chaos of the recent Anarchy. This is where the players will start. Having access to this city, the jungle island of Kalsbury, and later in the storyline the Isles of Drakkar, this will serve as a hub for both Black Market trade and the main storyline.

The Island of Kalsbury has long been home to a racially diverse population of advanced beings and isolated tribes. Despite the island being inhabited by Dark Elves, Humans, and Orcs alike, no racial hate is implied. You can expect the fear that took over the island when people started disappearing. Recently, a goblin scientist named Gor'Laag has discovered a microscopic particle, dubbed Austerman's Plague after the central region of the island, where it is most present, to be the cause of the disappearances. The disease spreads from the corpses of dead, and gives the victim it is contracted by sudden symptoms of schizophrenia, cannibalism, insanity, and a often times a bipolar-type symptom. As the scientists race against time to develop a cure, they are faced with an unanswerable question: Was the plague started by Cannibalism, or did Cannibalism start it? A classic chicken or the egg question, they have been forced to stop research until it is answered - and until Gor'Laag, the only one with the information of the disease is found, as he has recently disappeared from his isolated jungle mansion - in the midst of the tribal cannibals.

PRIMARY REGIONS
Dugard's Marsh
The Battlegrounds
The Dark Forest
Refugee's Withdrawal
The Countryside

MINOR LOCATIONS
Multiple Small Bandit Camps

MAJOR LANDMARKS
Temple of the Gaelsmark

MILITARY SETTLEMENTS
Vaelhart Forward Base
Eagleguard Forward Base
Fort Persistence - Bandit
Fort Truth - Bandit/Eagleguard
Fort Power - Vaelhart

SCREENSHOTS
The terrain screenshots are currently under development.

PROFESSIONS
The profession/class/path system is a basic system that allows you to choose one of multiple classes, but able to be switched at almost any time. There are 6 starter classes at the moment, and 3 advanced classes (The info on the website is still needing to be cleaned from when we went crazy with impossible ideas). Advanced classes can be gained once access to locations is found. The 6 basic classes are:

Guardian
Ranger
Paragon
Monk/Cleric
Sorcerer - Path 1 of the Mage
Mesmer - Path 2 of the Mage
Necromancer

The only currently revealed Advanced class with a dedicated starting location is the Assassin of the streets of the great city at Ka'Yeeg.

Last edited:
Level 12
I believe we could take them on, but I'm not going for fame or anything. The team is creating the map because it's fun, and for the community to have fun in. Even if it is not publicly hosted very much, there will always be the few that like it over all others, and the size of them does not fully matter to me

UPDATE: Fort Truth is nearly finished in terrain, just need some buffs and fixes because I'm not good at making cities next to the water, so I have to move some walls, etc. Will put up pictures soon

Last edited:
Level 12
That would be very helpful! We will mainly need the spells, probably. But I plan to do that later in the project. I'll contact you when we start needing a position like that, and if you still have the time/want to help we'll get you on the team. That will probably be pretty soon, as I plan to dedicate all my time to this project.

Level 12
Alright, good to know :p.

I'll be adding a dialog system to the main topic soon, it involves 2 types of dialog sets depending on the villagers to get you into the game make it feel more like you're actually the character your playing... to a Warcraft III extent.

Some generic, unnamed villagers will have a list of dialog they can say when you get near them. This will actually be most of the unnamed ones.

There are however, a lot of named NPCs to advance on this realistic feeling. They will have either list of dialog unique, or almost unique to only them. Others will generate dialog based on their job/class and the events/weather currently happening. For example, a farmer might comment on how the growing season has failed again and how his crops died if there is a long period of drought. He might hail the Gods if the growing season has gone well, and so forth. Events can also affect this. During the Fort Truth prolouge, there will be multiple randomly possible events regarding the war between the Eagleguard and Bandits. If the bandits massacre a villager's family through an event, the villager might comment on his grief and despair. Another villager might have paid the bandits off because of a long history between his family and the other villager's, and comment on the blessing and so forth. I'll probably be able to implement a lot of this, but I'm not 100% sure.

EDIT: Added maddeem to the members list! Also, sorry guys, but the terrain screenshots will have to be held off 'til tomorrow. I'm just not satisfied with the look of the Fort, and it turned out smaller than I had wanted it to be. I'll probably redo it tomorrow.

Level 12
ohhhh actual dialog? like Mass-effect or something? or dialog boxes that are not related to conversations?

No, it is a system for the NPCs. You cannot directly talk to them, the system simply makes them say things differently based on their background, current events, weather, etc.

Though your idea would be cool, I'm not fully sure thats possible, and if it is, it would take a long time to develop.

Level 12
Ah yes, you can enter into buildings, most of which have special dialogs! Say, for example, in the tavern you'll here rumors during the day, but at night it turns into drunken talks and maybe some of the rumors heard druing the day get twisted into over-exaggerated tales. If you enter somebody's house without permission, they'll insult you and tell you to go away

Level 12
'Aye, sorry maddeem. As I stated before, we're mainly working on the terrain and some systems right now, don't have much for spells. You'll have to ask Asip/Azmuth/RedCaby to giv eideas, then I'll have to approve them, or you can come up with some

Level 12
If you were referring to the caster bar, I've checked it out. A very useful system. I'll probably be contacting you in the next few days

Level 12
Already said I was working on them. Gonna resume on said terrain today.

Also sorry for slight inactivity, I was sick, and I can't really work well on anything when I'm sick. I'd like to add that the terrain of the cities will mostly likely have many changes, their probably my weakest area in terraining. The building placement and stuff gets too repetitive, and they look way too similar.

Last edited:
Level 12
'Ello! Thought I'd check in with a little update WIP. As I said, it takes me a bit to make cities and there will probably be a lot of changes - but I decided to start with the Tavern. It's not much right now, but heres the WIP. Not too satisfied with the fog though - put the picture together in a rush since its not anything huge ATM
150541-albums5117-picture51716.jpg

Attachments

• Tavern WIP.jpg
    Tavern WIP.jpg
    396.8 KB · Views: 66
Status
Not open for further replies.