• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World of Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Map name: World of Characters
Current version: 1.0.5
Name of the creator: Zecchan
Current stage of the map: Alpha~>Beta
Type: Aeon of Strife
Map features: Anime and Game Characters

The reason I create this map is that I want an AoS map featuring anime and game characters that fight together as team.
Many map featuring those characters are using Battle Arena type, and I bored of it.
I've been working this map for 6 months and the basic triggers all are done.
But now, I need a team of trigger master, graphic expert, idea finder, terrain editor, and code cleaner to improve this map.
So, if anyone of you would lend your hand, please PM me.

My Beta map (always update as I make changes, not protected= please review and tell me the bugs, external server, models not imported yet):
http://ifile.it/vn69e0t

Screenshots:
WoC_03.jpg

WoC_02.jpg

WoC_01.jpg

Last edited:
Level 2
The project's name is horrible, but it seems to be okay in some other ways.
The terraining is very poor.
Adding trees in only one team is very unbalanced.

The project name can be changed at anytime...
Somehow, I can't think another name.
I work on it alone, so don't expect too much, that's why I need a terrain artist.
Yeah, the trees, I know it, just not add it yet.

Level 15
I tested it and didn't like it.
The triggered spells are horrible. Omnislash dummy units dies when it reaches the other side and its weaker than when I just attacked the stupid unit.
Also, the Scarlet Devil is too powerful. It can perma bash you and you won't be able to d anything.
A tip: Make the spells better before you import the model. I don't understand why Ueki only has 1 plant-based spells and why he costs lumber -_-
-odlist is not working as well btw.

Level 2
Okay, I'll work harder on it...
BTW, can you suggest anything about the

Omnislash dummy units dies when it reaches the other side

btw, Omnislash would chase the unit if it running away...
it is a finisher....

My ueki based on his heavenly power, not the trees...

-=Editted=-
Now the omnislah units not dying when reach the other side.
-odlist is not implemented yet

Last edited:
Level 11
Well just finish the map, and you'll know more then, keep learning stuffs, coz seems that you are "bad" mapper. So keep learning how to make all stuffs more effective, watch examples, tutorials and stuffs. This one is off topis coz i see what are guyz saying here... How would i rate it ? Map name is so unlogical... Type is AoS, and terrain is same like in DotA map. Lack of terrain details, and bad spells... and nothing original ?

Well just finish the map, and you'll know more then, keep learning stuffs, coz seems that you are "bad" mapper. So keep learning how to make all stuffs more effective, watch examples, tutorials and stuffs. This one is off topis coz i see what are guyz saying here... How would i rate it ? Map name is so unlogical... Type is AoS, and terrain is same like in DotA map. Lack of terrain details, and bad spells... and nothing original ?
i believe you two should stick together.

Level 15
Frankly, if you really want to make a good map/good spells/any other good stuff, there are two things you MUST do.
1) Read lots of tutorials, it helps your life a lot.
2) Keep doing them, it really helps.

However, if you really still can't do those, you could always ask around for people willing to help. I could help with spells if it makes the map have cooler spells :)
I believe that spells practically make an AoS, so I could help you if you want (spells only!)

Level 2
Frankly, if you really want to make a good map/good spells/any other good stuff, there are two things you MUST do.
1) Read lots of tutorials, it helps your life a lot.
2) Keep doing them, it really helps.

However, if you really still can't do those, you could always ask around for people willing to help. I could help with spells if it makes the map have cooler spells :)
I believe that spells practically make an AoS, so I could help you if you want (spells only!)

Well, let me rebuild the terrain. Until someone says that the terrain is 'okay', then I hope you are willing to help me making spells. Thank you. If you're willing please take a look inside my map and check what I missed or wrong, I undone my map protection after I realize something from the tuts.
s-eto.gif

So the map name is really matter. I'll change it, I'm bad at naming something.
If someone could help me design a terrain, I'll appreciate it, even just a scetch image. Terrain details like grass or birds or else?
s-are.gif

Original, eh
s-eto.gif
? The heroes and items must from games and/or animations, coz that is the theme.

And sorry for the bad english.
gomen.gif

Last edited:
Level 2
gomen.gif

Remake the terrain, redo things over.
Also rename the project to "Anime Defense" and create a new thread for the renamed project.
For administrator who want to delete this thread, please do so.
Sorry for the inconvinience and the bad english.
gomen.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.