1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Triumph has risen from these uncharted shores. The 34th Modeling Contest Results are out!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Awaken what lies in the heart of your swarm. The 17th Techtree Contest has arrived!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop is launching its first HD modelling contest. How HD should it be?
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff Job Openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

World Generator v2

Submitted by Vicboy
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
Generates a terrain which can be easily edited... Randomization or Decide! Link for thread: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=66865
Contents

World Generator v2 (Map)

Reviews
Craka_J: I like this. It's something new and unique. Could use some extra stuff such as populating the area where you want and letting AI take its course on to how they act and live. Approved. ap0: Rejected
  1. Craka_J: I like this. It's something new and unique. Could use some extra stuff such as populating the area where you want and letting AI take its course on to how they act and live. Approved.

ap0: Rejected

2. WerBackIII

WerBackIII

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What's the use of that?

3. Vicboy

Vicboy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    In every aspects of a map maker!

4. Dark.Revenant

Dark.Revenant

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I did something like this as an experimental terrain generator so that the map wouldn't get old too quickly.

5. Vicboy

Vicboy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    O`rly? lol, anyways use this for your map... In v3 there will be easy-to-remove simulations to show how useful this is...

Flight
    Ground
    Battle
    Lumber Harvesting
    Melee
    Simulations...

6. MasterDragons

MasterDragons

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    vicboy im actually a fan of your maps but this.... its just the finished product never really looks real but i guess it might be helpful in smaller maps

7. Vicboy

Vicboy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Someone replies to one of my maps later on this year.

8. MeDiOcRe

MeDiOcRe

Resources:
    Resources:
    lol wats dat

9. SuperCoke

SuperCoke

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol, This map... its kinda random how theyre placed out. good for like hide n seek :D lols.

-Pzyko

10. dimasa3

dimasa3

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    ok. The Terrain customisation, trees and that kinda stuff appears. then the fog of war turns on. then what?

11. Vicboy

Vicboy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You can use this for your game.

12. dimasa3

dimasa3

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    How?
    What am i supposed to do?

13. Dragon9560

Dragon9560

Resources:
    Resources:
    WOW! this gonna be fun! im making a map. hmmm do i need permison from you? or just credits?

14. NRN_R_Sumo1

NRN_R_Sumo1

Resources:
    Resources:
    just looking at the triggers and need to say.. I was here looking to see if you had figured out the rivers issue, but really you havent even figured out the tree or elevation issues, and just looking at the triggers I can tell you that it will not look very good when its done.

a better way I found to spawn trees involves a lot of units spawning and dieing, purely for collision and placement purposes.

my map is a large, shallow water map with 9 rects. each rect spawns 40 gulls of several differant types ranging from 2 tree to 10 tree(2 3 5 7 10) staggered on time to avoid lag, they all have negative regen and when they die they spawn the specified number of wisps and raise the terrain a set shallow ammount (they stack together to make hills) so when those wisps die they place trees, and after wards spawns another dummy unit, treasure chest model, the chest paints a bit terrain whichever (island snow sand grass) to the variable I have set for land type and has a random chance to spawn a creep.
    The effect achieved is instead of random splodges, you have landmasses which are attractive and functional, and by starting my terrain as a shallow water, I can dig into and out of the water table, allowing islands and the like to be formed.

the system does require a bit of tweaking on your part, unit sizes ect, but if theres still a lot of interest I'll probably be releasing it as a resource after I complete it, it's currently the base of a survival map I'm making.