• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World Editor refreshing issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello,

I was searching similar thread on forum but I could not find it.

I have strange issue after opening big map in WE. Randomly Editor hangs, my whole laptop screen becomes black, system sound comes (problem sound... I think) and then everything return to initial state. This whole sequence takes about 5 seconds.

I am working on Windows 10.

That could cause such strange behaviour?

Thanks for help :)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
That could cause such strange behaviour?
No Windows 10 will not cause any such behaviour.

Most likely cause is your graphic driver crashing. The beep noise signals that interrupts are not being processed due to a buffer overflow. This will happen if a graphic driver gets into a bad state because the graphic driver itself is run in kernel mode due to needing to IO with graphic hardware. Also explains the black screen as the graphic driver is responsible for managing and generating display output.

Update graphic drivers and restart computer to see if that helps. Also only edit the map when the laptop is plugged in to allow for optimum performance both computationally and with cooling. If it still crashes it might be overheating, in which case try throttling CPU and GPU performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.