• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

World Editor - Loss of Imported Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi there, so to summarize, I've been working on a custom campaign with lots of optimized and custom models, icons, etc.
I've come to realize that about 1/4 of the imported models have dissapeared.
WE states the total size of imported models is aprox. 20 MB, however after saving all changes the campaign size wont exceed 11 MB.
I'm using Windows 10 x64 and the World Editor from Warcraft 1.31.

How can I solve this problem? Do you recommend using another warcraft version? Perhaps using a non-official World Editor?
1615743308310.png

Level 21
Did your models really disappear?

Because, you can't tell from the mapsize alone - since wc3 uses compression on its own, e.g:
I got a map with 25000 kb of imports, but it's only a 12500 kb file.

Level 3
Hi there, so to summarize, I've been working on a custom campaign with lots of optimized and custom models, icons, etc.
I've come to realize that about 1/4 of the imported models have dissapeared.
WE states the total size of imported models is aprox. 20 MB, however after saving all changes the campaign size wont exceed 11 MB.
I'm using Windows 10 x64 and the World Editor from Warcraft 1.31.

How can I solve this problem? Do you recommend using another warcraft version? Perhaps using a non-official World Editor?
View attachment 375492
This can happen if you save your maps with the HD version of the world editor. When you do that the editor "washes" your imports and models with HD paths wich may lead to errors of visualization and other errors. Always save your map using the SD version of the editor, it saves properly for both modes. Use HD mode only to check your map visuals. Make backup copies of your maps. To change editor mode click file-> preferences -> asset mode -> change it to SD/HD

Level 2
This can happen if you save your maps with the HD version of the world editor. When you do that the editor "washes" your imports and models with HD paths wich may lead to errors of visualization and other errors. Always save your map using the SD version of the editor, it saves properly for both modes. Use HD mode only to check your map visuals. Make backup copies of your maps. To change editor mode click file-> preferences -> asset mode -> change it to SD/HD
Hi, sadly i was using the last version of w3 before reforged came in (1.30 or 1.31), so it's been a while since I abandoned the project

Status
Not open for further replies.