• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World editor crashing when loading triggers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Well, that's the problem... I attached screenshots.
This started to happen when my editor suddenly crashed when I was browsing the "actions" (while trying to create one action for a trigger).

ANY help is appreciated!
Btw, something tells me my JNGP is f*ckd up.. u.u I tried to get it to work, but I have no idea how... I did this: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...456/how-download-install-confige-jngp-160547/ but I had no success..

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 208
  • crash.jpg
    crash.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 315
Level 9
Hmm... Your images is broken (and i can't take a good look on the problem), so I'll settle with your info.

-Question 1-
Q: Are you sure that you are not running plenty of programs back there? It might cause your computer to slow down and crash.

-Question 2-
Q: If your answer on Question one is ' No ' then, did you try this: Have you tried to Copy , paste your trigger on a empty map (default one, the one the WC3E creates when you run the program).

-Question 3-
Q: If it still crashes, try Uninstall and Install again your Warcraft, make sure all your files are stored in another folder.

-Question 4-
Q: If it still doesn't work (which is probably 5% chance) REFORMAT your computer.

----------
Hope it helps!

*Da Fist*

Level 15
Hmm... Your images is broken (and i can't take a good look on the problem), so I'll settle with your info.

-Question 1-
Q: Are you sure that you are not running plenty of programs back there? It might cause your computer to slow down and crash.

-Question 2-
Q: If your answer on Question one is ' No ' then, did you try this: Have you tried to Copy , paste your trigger on a empty map (default one, the one the WC3E creates when you run the program).

-Question 3-
Q: If it still crashes, try Uninstall and Install again your Warcraft, make sure all your files are stored in another folder.

-Question 4-
Q: If it still doesn't work (which is probably 5% chance) REFORMAT your computer.

----------
Hope it helps!

*Da Fist*

Actually I wasn't running to many programs at once, any way I have a AMD phenom II, 4gb memory, gforce 8800 gts and the proper drivers, so I don't think it should be a problem. And Isn't there any other way to restore JNGP? Or to enter the map triggers and delete the troublesome trigger so I can normally load it without JNGP?

Level 3
Could you post your map here? This way we'll know if the problem is with your map (maybe it got corrupted?) or if it's with your JNGP/Warcraft III installation. This will make troubleshooting a lot easier. If you don't feel comfortable posting your unprotected map, perhaps PM it to someone who you trust.

Level 3
Sorry, I can't open it either, so it's definitely something wrong with the map and not your programs. I'm still thinking of ways to work around this, we need a way to delete the trigger without opening the map. Maybe hex editing? I don't know, I can't really make any sense of it.

EDIT: Scratch that, MPQ editing would make a lot more sense.

Level 15
Can we delete triggers through MPQ editing?

EDIT: I downloaded MPQ master and I've been able to modify the triggers, still I don't have the skills to modify them without the trigger editor, so I deleted it, now I can open it (damn, lost the whole triggering xD)
Just in case, this is much better in the case I can't recover the map, at least I don't have to do all the terraining, importing, skills and such, just triggers.

I'll still try to find how to recover the triggers anyway.
I attached the corrupted triggering.

Attachments

• war3map.wtg
    72.9 KB · Views: 52
Level 3
Yes we can. I used Ladik's MPQ Editor to delete the file that contains all the triggers, the map can be opened now, but obviously all the triggers are gone and this is unacceptable. I've tried opening the file with a Hex Editor and writing 00 all over any instances of "CompareRectsBJ" but then it would refuse to open. The problem needs a bit more finesse and knowledge than I have but I'm still poking at the problem.

EDIT: Yeah, saw that a bit too late. I got the same result as you. There must be a way to delete only certain parts without making the file unopenable but this knowledge eludes me.

Attachments

• Shattered Lands v0.01 Alpha.w3x
    1.2 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Level 15
I endorse that, if we got the triggering, there must be some way to do that. I'm hoping some member of the hive knows how.

I tried deleting all "CompareRectsBJ" parts but nothing, the message kept there when I imported the edited triggers. Also tried replacing the whole condition (The whole boolean condition) with another one, the message kept.
And at last I tried deleting the triggers containing such conditions; this time no message, just a crash.

It means that you used custom functions. (or some GUI extension)

Try enabling UMSWE in your JNGP. Otherwise, do you remember if you used WEU, UMSWE, or EGUI?

There is another method that is possible, but it is tedious. However, if you really want to be able to open your map, it may be worth trying:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2200379-post6.html

Status
Not open for further replies.