• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Worker Wars v2

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Lambdadelta
Worker Wars

Description: An altered melee, where you must fight mainly using your races workers - providing a strategical and fun map.

Balances:
- Most normal units and buildings are disabled
- Wisps have been given a light attack and detonate deals light damage
- Remaining building and defenses are more expensive and slower to build
- Workers are faster to build
- Certain units and buildings are limited
- Items have been altered slightly so that units can use them also
- Certain restrictions have been removed
- Gold mines have double the amount of gold

HF, and all 4 races are available to play.
Let me know if you think there are any balances required.

v2 Update:
- Research buildings can now be built (lumber mill, war mill, hunter's hall...)
- Shop buildings can now be built (ancient of wonders, voodoo lounge...)
- You can upgrade the attack and defense of workers
- All structure building times reset to normal

Keywords:
worker war peon peasant militia wisp acolyte melee altered fun
Contents

Worker Wars v2 (Map)

Reviews
08:59, 28th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected Comment
Level 23
Personally I have loads of things to say about this.

In its current state I think its pretty bad (No offence my friend). On the bright side is that I LOVE the concept, and I cannot stress how much I like it.

- Firstly the terrain, Id suggest either making your own or perhaps choosing a smaller melee map as a base. My terrain complaint is not that it looks aesthetically bad, but is that the map is far too large. Its still playable yes, but it kinda encourages early combat thanks to workers genereally pathetic movespeeds.

- Disagree with me if you will but I think the increased build times on structures in general is kinda counter productive. I think gameplay would be alot better if the oposite was done and tower planting in your enemies face became much more doable.

- You SHOULD continue with the four standard race thing you have going here personally I like it. However I do think you could expand on certain attributes of the standard races in context of this map.

- I need to ask is the map about abusing workers and the stuff they do (Harvesting, Building etc.) or do you just want players meleeing each other to death with peons. If its the second, just disregard everything I have said.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Wow fast review,
And don't worry I'm not offended.
It was an idea that I had and made in a day. (Mainly so that I could play it with friends)
And then I uploaded it here, (why not?)

-First point: I would like to make a new terrain at some point yes, but I decided that this would be one of the better melee maps. My reasons are that it accomidates a reasonable number of players, there is more than just 1 gold mine per person, AND there are plenty of places for people to nibble a trees to make a suprise attack!

-Second point: That is a fair point, I'm not sure what to do with that then, hurm.

-Third&Fourth points: If they relate back to your second point then I kind of get you, otherwise, I don't really get you.

Level 23
Third&Fourth points: If they relate back to your second point then I kind of get you, otherwise, I don't really get you.

Well only the fourth point is worth anwsering, basically what kind of map do you want this to be?

Do you want a map where workers are abused gameplay wise to the max or do you just want peons mauling each other to death.

If its the second then everything Ive said is pointless, thats what i meant.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Pfft, nothing major. I was thinking:
- Adjust build times so that towers can be whipped up in a battle
- Add additional upgrades/abilities for the workers
- Possible design my own terrain

You could maybe do the terrain if you wanted?
I was thinking:
- Plenty of gold mines / expos
- Lots of places to cut trees for a sneak attack
- Fair for all players

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
v2 Update:
- Research buildings can now be built (lumber mill, war mill, hunter's hall...)
- Shop buildings can now be built (ancient of wonders, voodoo lounge...)
- You can upgrade the attack and defense of workers
- All structure building times reset to normal

I updated it because it showed a suprising amount of interest.
I'm planning another update already with a custom terrain and some extra upgrades, such as:
- Worker Boots - Peasants and Peons movement speed increase
- Raze - Human and Orc buildings can demolish instantly
- Bell Tower - Scout Towers can upgrade to a tower that provides an armor bonus aura and can use 'Call to Arms'.
- Hide/Unhide - Orc burrows can disappear underground for a suprise attack
- Demolishers - Peons can construct demolishers for a siege attack
- Excecute - Acolytes have a chance to instantly kill a target below 25% health
- Bloodlust - Peons have a chance to enter rage mode upon killing an enemy
- Replenish - Wisps can sacrifice themselves to quickly restore an ancient's life (also regrows trees)
- Phantom - After a Shade has witnessed X amount of deaths it can upgrade to a Phantom, a stealthy unit with a light attack
- Call to Arms Upgrade - Call to arms lasts for twice the duration
- Vanish - Wisps have a chance to evade attacks completely
- Cold Detonation - Wisps detonate will slow units attack and move speed slightly

ANYMORE SUGGESTIONS? : >

Level 15
You could create heroes for every race. For example:

Human Peasant Hero
skills:

Creates a small amount of towers.
level 1
-3 guard towers for 5 seconds
level 2
-4 guard towers for 8 seconds
level 3
-5 guard towers for 12 second

Spawns a army of peasants for a set of time.
level 1
-3 peasants for 30 seconds
level 2
-6 peasants for 30 seconds
level 3
-9 peasants for 45 second

The peasant hits the ground with his pick causing nearby enemies to be stunned for a ammount of time, and after that slowed for a set of time.
level 1
-1 sec stun [0.5 for heroes]
-50% slow for 10 seconds
level 2
-2.5 second stun [1.25 for heroes]
-60% slow for 13 seconds
level 3
-4 second stun [2.50 for heroes]

Boosts the woodcutting speed and movement speed of all nearby ally units.
level 1
-100% faster woodcutting
-50% faster movement speed

Level 23
Heroes? Id rather not.

Personally each race should have some sort specialty.

For example Humans have tower variety and better at turtling.

Orcs perhaps should have Grunts (with limited number) for soaking damage and the ability to make their structures better by garrisoning peons inside.

Nelfs have better mobility with walking bases, and of course ancient protectors can double as melee troops.

Undead perhaps should have support/caster towers that do stuff like raise weak skeletons or carry a frost attack.

Level 10
Hmm. Interesting map, but the Undead seem to have an advantage. They can build Ghouls that are a lot stronger than workers. A single Ghoul can kill many Peasants by himself. I think you should make the Ghoul about as weak as an Acolyte. Other than that, the map seems OK. Oh, one last thing, why are the Acolytes even stronger than they were before? They're dealing 10 - 11 damage. I did notice they attacked slower, so I guess that's why, right? They deal about twice the damage, but attack twice as slow. That seems OK.