• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Worker Models: Who Wants Some?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I have been recently getting into model-making, and have considered what the Hive needs most. The answer came quickly enough: workers.
So, I am going to spend part of this weekend making models, and I want to know which races you think are lacking in the labor department. Just post which race you want a worker for, and I'll get around to it when I can.

Please don't request a worker from one of those races, unless you feel that they are too poor in quality to be used.

Troll
Harpy
Faceless One
Draenai
Dragonspawn
Kobold
Furbolg
Centaur
Spiderant
Night Elf
Nerubian

Please DO NOT request anything other than a worker here. You will be ignored or, if you persist, be neg-repped for your efforts. PM me if you have a request.

Last edited:

ZIR

ZIR

Level 10
Maybe a undead worker.
I know there is the acolythe but maybe you could make a undead unit with a picklaxe which could alternatively used for a worker.
I mean a dreadlord or something as a worker.

Last edited:
Level 10
What do you mean, a pickle? Do you mean a pickaxe? If so, there are already two here on the Hive (check the 'Existing Workers' list I made), and if you really mean pickle then I'm afraid you will not be getting a pickle-weilding skeleton from me.

Level 14
i suppose one might find a use for a villagerman with real worker animations?

(once upon a time, i wanted this myself)

and although i dont know most of these models, i did try the troll worker earlier today. imho it wasnt all that great, but making a new one would maybe be a tad too much and fixing the existing one wouldnt classify as a separate model on hive to upload due to minimal difference (maybe unless you make it taller and use other skin, darkspear or forest troll?)

Level 10
Hmm..
You could make a...
Ursa worker;
Dragonspawn worker.

Dragonspawn, definitly. But what do you mean by 'Ursa'?
Draenai, maybe. I tried the Night Elf model, but I keep getting critical errors when I give the Sentry animations and the Archer's cape doesn't move, so Night Elf is out (they didn't really need one, anyway) for now. I might try to re-map the Succubus, but not now.
I'll do a Troll worker, as well as a Faceless One.

I completely missed the http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...63/?prev=search=skeleton%20worker&d=list&r=20. It didn't come up in my searches, but I have added it to the list.

Level 8
Ursa means Furbolg, which would be nice. Make a Wc3 Draenei worker unit, make sure they all use in-game textures.

Level 8
Furbolg, Cantaur, and Kobold are what we need.

I personally need the Centaur and Furbolg, Kobold is just if you want to.

Level 10
Alright, I'm back.
I was having trouble with Animation Transfer, but now it's fixed and the first worker will (hopefully) be uploaded soon.
I will not be doing a literal dragon; the dragonspawn should be good enough for any dragon race.
Centaur, Furbolg and Kobold added to the list, along with another creature and the Night Elf.

Level 3
I was browsing through this thread and I realized that there aren't really any female workers. Like a female night elf and human worker.

There's also the villager. People are always using him to do work related tasks in maps but he doesn't have the animations for gathering. I think a villager worker would be extremely useful to a lot of people.

I'm not working on anything at the moment that could use these, but I've got a couple of maps I haven't worked on in a while that could certainly use these workers.

My apologies if there's already a villager worker. I haven't noticed it if there is one.

Level 10
Well, the Night Elf worker will be based on the Sentry (I figured out what those critical errors were), and there is Cavman's model (I see you already found it). I really don't want to make a Villager worker when the peasant already exists, and there are plenty of races with no workers. If I am successful at making these, and I finish all the races who need a worker, maybe I'll get a villager done. But not any time soon, I'm afraid.

Level 8
Might I just say, this is a wonderful idea. I hope it all goes well. Workers are the foundation of making a race, after all.

I haven't checked the list for awhile, but is Draenei on there? If not, make sure you make a Draenei worker, Wc3 Draenei, not those ugly blue ones.

EDIT: Also, you can either make a skin or a new model (To differ from the Peasant) Make a Scarlet Crusade worker. That would be VERY helpful.

Level 3
I know there's already a cultist worker and skeleton worker, but is there a zombie worker?

Nothing says evil necromancer army like a bunch of zombie workers. xP

Level 14
Hi again!
You made the dragonspawn worker? If yes, that's too awesome, would need it in my map.^^
For Ursa, I meant furbolg. I just always do that mistake : Ursa is a furbolg unit.
And here are other ideas:
-Couatl Worker
-Tauren Worker(Sorry, Did not check list again, if it exists, I'm sorry) that wears a Pickaxe. Just like peons.
-Troll Worker(again, sorry if it exists)
-Raccoon Worker xD
I would love a Couatl Worker, or any Couatl unit. Same for Trolls :)
Good luck

Level 14
xD
Hell yeah,
Raccoon and Couatl..
A kind of Raccoon that uses his 2 other legs to wield a pickaxe..
and for Couatl,
A kind of Couatl that got a pickaxe in his mouth, lol :p

Level 10
Raccoon and Coutal: no. There are plenty of races who lack worker models and actually need them.
And the reason I put the 'Existing Workers' list there was so that people knew what models existed and didn't request them here. Read the list before asking for Tauren, Troll or any other worker model.

The Black Dragonspawn Worker will be the first one I make and upload. I will make a third list, called 'Created Models', once I upload the first model.

Level 8
Well actually, if you just take the Bandit unit, transfer a worker's animation set, remove weapons.. etc. I could (Other people could too) use Chrome's Scarlet Crusade's skin for Bandits. You wouldn't need to texture it. So, basically it would be a Bandit worker, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.