• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Worker does not Return goods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Whats up guys? listen i got a simple and probably the easiest question on this site.. real quick i have a oil platform who delivers oil to the town hall instead of the shipyard but i have the shipyard with the return gold ability and still nothing my boat try's to deliver to the town hall and gets stuck.. but the only thing that confuses me is i played a map with a oil platform and i had the same setup but still not the same results. and there was no tiggers at all... weird right share your thoughts.

:goblin_yeah: Thanx

Level 13
could it be you have the return gold ability of night elf or undead by accident? your gonna need the human/orc return gold ability to be on that building. try using the one in special folder named Return Gold and Lumber

Level 7
kk imma check out map now ill give update...

@bond009 the map is 60 mbs and still growing its going in a mpq a full turnover of Warcraft 2 with camp, cutscenes, and maps. lemme test the map now and see if i get better results.. this is the only thing holding me back all other models are done..i knew oil was gonna be a issue.

Level 9
Hm.

Now, I don't have a working oil system for my version yet (since I haven't worked on one), but I just opened WC3 and messed with it for 5 minutes. I thought triggers would do, but no dice. I did come up with something though that works.

What I did, as a placeholder, I changed two units. I made the Footman a worker with the Harvest ability, made him into a boat and classified as a worker. I gave the Barracks building a Return Gold ability, classified it as a Town Hall and made it sea-pathable. When the Footman (now worker) mines the gold mine in the sea, he doesn't attempt to return it to the Town Hall a little way's away. He *does* pause for a second or two before continuing to the Barracks, though.

I could upload if it'd be of any help.

Level 23
I think people are missing the point here.

What the poster is saying is that the Oil Platforms do mine correctly and do attempt to return resources.
The problem is that they somehow inately prioritise the actual land Town Hall over the custom Sea based one.

Level 9
I think people are missing the point here.

What the poster is saying is that the Oil Platforms do mine correctly and do attempt to return resources.
The problem is that they somehow inately prioritise the actual land Town Hall over the custom Sea based one.

Yeah, I got what the problem is. And mine isn't doing that. So, either I'm a miracle worker or our friend here messed up somewhere and needs to double check.

Level 7
@ Kino - ur Right. my oil platforms work but its returning the goods where this is a fail

@Deathbringer2 - im starting to think my map size is effecting the gameplay for some reason.. i got this map with oil platforms and the ships will travel across seas to deliever oil to shipyard and not townhall.. i have same setup so its proply some bug, imma open a new map and see if it works there.. thanx though and yea feel free to upload ill still check it out..

@ Hellking - i thought that too but than i took the oil platform and put it 2 feet away from shipyard and still the ship rather go the LONG way and look for a town hall....

EDIT: i forgot to mention this before when i took off the return gold and lumber ability from the town hall, than it finally deliver correctly. i just open WE now so imma try on a new map, ill post update in few..

EDIT2: Ok so this is what i did to try to make this work, i took a peasant gave him the Amphibious movement, put a castle in the shallow water and made the gold mine float in water and still the peasant walks across the water further going to the starting townhall. i didnt change nothing as you guys can see other than movement type N Placement Req and it still has issues... bothers me cause its so simple.

Last edited:
Level 7
The Camp human shipyard but i took it out of camp and put it in melee.. but i also said in the post above you i used the human castle and still they would not deliver goods...

Level 23
Well Ive tried very hard to replicate the bug and so far I cant get it to occur.
Theres something wrong with your shipyard unit thats for sure.

Ill throw a random guess and say change the AI Placement type to hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.