• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making a Building in Water!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I am trying to make an oil rig building where ships can bring back gold from oil fields that I have made on the water. I make all these buildings from neutral buildings(tents), then i make them into whatever. Well the oil rig can be built in water and all, and works great. But after the first oil rig is built and i build any other resource collecting building like a town hall or another rig(anywhere on the map) the ships all do not go to the closest rig. They all go to the last built resource deposit place(town hall, oil rig) that i built. Also its weird but the boats that build the oil rigs can build another oil rig over another one, i mean right on top of it anyone know why? Maybe this oil rig stuff just cant be done but i dont know why the ships are doing what they are doing. Anyone no why?

Last edited:
Level 4
It has to be roc for the people i am making the map, i have tft editor just need to make the map for roc and i already can build the building on the water i just cant make the ships keep goging to the same oil rig they all just go to last built resource deposit.

Level 2
Well the only thing i can think of is to simulate a building.
Make a unit with no turn speed: shift-click it. (or maybe that ancient root abilities).
Set its movement speed to zero.
Whenever it's created set it's facing angle to the default facing angle.

I believe you can still maintain the ground texture by switching the unit back to building, setting the ground texture, then switch back into a unit.

~i have no experience using RoC

Level 4
you can build a rig on a rig because it has no buildable requirements ( hence why you can build it on water )

the only way i could think to work around this would be to fake water on the whole area so it isn't really water or some other method to make it buildable as a base but only have some units able to walk ( float ) on it

next for collection your collectors will always go to the closest depository it can physically reach
so make them unable to reach the town hall or whatever ( pathing blockers? )

i have no idea what restriction RoC implements but excluding the building on
each other this is all pretty simple

Level 4
Thank you that worked, but i still dont understand why the ships are going to far away resource depots, even if there is a rig right next to them and i build a town hall at opposite end of the map they go to town hall, then if i build another rig every ship goes to the rig ect. I also cant use pathing blockers in this its a World War 3 Type map where u can build shipyards on the sides on land and pathing blockers just couldnt work. I got the buildings to be built on the water by using a tent as the base unit for the oil rig because the tent has no building requirements. But the ships just always go to the last built resource depostry still anyone have any idea this is getting real annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.