• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ultimate civ wars question (A LOT OF QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
so, for my map, i need more kind of ressource. In the map, there will has income and player will receive ressource depending on how much kind of building the player is owning. And somes building will increases two kind of income.
I will tell you all thing i need:
1-A leaderboard that show the amount of ressource and the amount of income of each player in a team (the team can see the income and the amount of ressource of other player of the team but not of the player of other team.)
If you dont understand, please tell me to repeat^^. (english isnt my first language)
2-Many ressource shown IN the leaderboard in this order:
Name ------------Amount ----------Income
Bronze
Stone
Wood
Gold
Iron
Oil
Coal
Uranium
Natural Gas
Tar
jewel

And, in another leaderbord
Name------------------Amount
Steel
Plastic
Rubber

I will probably have more ressource, so please tell me how to add another ressource in a board.

Here is some example of building:
MEtal mine (+10 bronze income, +6 iron income, +2 gold icome)
Bronze mine (+15 bronze income)
Iron mine (+13 iron income)
Gold mine (+5 gold income)
Oil well (+12 oil income)
Oil Platform (+26 oil income)
Extractor (+11 natural gas income, +4 oil income)

And i have somes other ressource:
Food, Electricity and Cash.
In a building, i will need an ability that convert somes ressource into other.
Example:
50 jewel = 100 cash
125 jewel = 300 cash
250 jewel = 750 cash
150 wood = 500 cash
300 wood = 1200 cash
100 oil = 700 cash
300 oil = 2250 cash
200 gold = 300 cash
500 gold = 800 cash
etc..
etc..
Another thing:
because the ressource will be in a board, i need a way to block the construction of a building or the training of a unit when the player dont has enought ressource.
Example:
player has 100 wood, 250 stone, 60 gold
the unit cost 80 wood 200 stone 80 gold
A message will tell to the player : not enought gold
the unit cost 125 wood, 200 stone, 50 gold
a message will tell to the player : not enought wood.
etc...

Another thing:
the electricity system is very hard. I need a way to memorize how much electricity is stored by a player. somes building increases the amount of electricity stored by the player. if a building increasing the amount of electricity is destroyed, the amount of electricity stored will drop down. somes buildings require electricity. If the amount of electricity is under 0, all building will stop to do what they was doing. if a unit is under training, it will stop to train it. When the electricity comes back over 0, the building will continues to do what they was doing.
Example
a player has 2 Generator and 1 Coal power plant.
the generator increases the amount of electricity stored by 25 and the coal power plant, by 60, for a total of 110.
If the total of electricity used by all building is 105, and a Generator is destroyed, the amount of stored electricity drop to 85, then, all building that require building will stop to work. Building that doesnt require electricity will continues to work.

Another thing:
As you saw upper, there is a coal power plant, but there is also other plant like that.
For the coal power plant, it will require 30 coal per income to continues to work. If the income of coal is lower than the total of coal power plant coal requirement, the player will loses coal, and when the player's stored coal drop to 0, all coal power plant will stop to work, and then, the electricity will drop. and then, if the amount of building require more electricity, they will stop to work. I know, it's complicated.^^

I think that's all.
so please help me^^
thanks^^
(if you dont understand what i said, please tell me to repeat)

Level 2
Woop. That was a hell of a long post. :D It sounds to me like, that you haven't really thought the map through; Are you building a new map, or just a mod to another map? - I've never played civ wars, but I'll try to answer as many as possible of your questions.

1-A leaderboard that show the amount of ressource and the amount of income of each player in a team (the team can see the income and the amount of ressource of other player of the team but not of the player of other team.)

Use a multiboard. It's a bit more complicated than a leaderboard, but on the other hand, it grants you more control of the content.

2-Many ressource shown IN the leaderboard in this order:
Name ------------Amount ----------Income
Bronze
Stone
Wood
Gold
Iron
Oil
Coal
Uranium
Natural Gas
Tar
jewel

And, in another leaderbord
Name------------------Amount
Steel
Plastic
Rubber

I will probably have more ressource, so please tell me how to add another ressource in a board.

Just add another row. Try to compress the multiboard as much as possible, so it doesn't cover the entire screen. That's just plain annoying, when that happens.

Here is some example of building:
MEtal mine (+10 bronze income, +6 iron income, +2 gold icome)
Bronze mine (+15 bronze income)
Iron mine (+13 iron income)
Gold mine (+5 gold income)
Oil well (+12 oil income)
Oil Platform (+26 oil income)
Extractor (+11 natural gas income, +4 oil income)

Short description of the system you are to create:
- Create variables (arrays) that keeps track of each players current metal/bronze/iron/gold/oil-income.
- Create a trigger that runs when the contruction of a building is finished, and increase the income according to the type of building. E.g. If you build an Iron Mine, the trigger should increase the players Iron income by 13.
- Create a trigger that periodically gives a each player a amount of ressources equal to each players income.

And i have somes other ressource:
Food, Electricity and Cash.
In a building, i will need an ability that convert somes ressource into other.
Example:
50 jewel = 100 cash
125 jewel = 300 cash
250 jewel = 750 cash
150 wood = 500 cash
300 wood = 1200 cash
100 oil = 700 cash
300 oil = 2250 cash
200 gold = 300 cash
500 gold = 800 cash
etc..
etc..

I think it would be easier to create a conversion-system, which is triggered by a specific chat-command. Otherwise you could create a set of units or items, which is sold from a shop/building. When a player buy a specific unit/item, you can detect it using a trigger-event and let a trigger do the conversion work.

Another thing:
because the ressource will be in a board, i need a way to block the construction of a building or the training of a unit when the player dont has enought ressource.
Example:
player has 100 wood, 250 stone, 60 gold
the unit cost 80 wood 200 stone 80 gold
A message will tell to the player : not enought gold
the unit cost 125 wood, 200 stone, 50 gold
a message will tell to the player : not enought wood.
etc...

Easiest way: Use a trigger to detect when the contruction of a building is started. Check if the player can afford the building, if he/she can, remove the cost of the building players ressource-pool - else destroy the building and write a message to the player.

Another thing:
the electricity system is very hard. I need a way to memorize how much electricity is stored by a player. somes building increases the amount of electricity stored by the player. if a building increasing the amount of electricity is destroyed, the amount of electricity stored will drop down. somes buildings require electricity. If the amount of electricity is under 0, all building will stop to do what they was doing. if a unit is under training, it will stop to train it. When the electricity comes back over 0, the building will continues to do what they was doing.
Example
a player has 2 Generator and 1 Coal power plant.
the generator increases the amount of electricity stored by 25 and the coal power plant, by 60, for a total of 110.
If the total of electricity used by all building is 105, and a Generator is destroyed, the amount of stored electricity drop to 85, then, all building that require building will stop to work. Building that doesnt require electricity will continues to work.

Again: Use variables to keep track of all the ressources. You can stop the production of a building simply by pausing the production building. (This can be done through a trigger) When the player has regained enough electricity to start the production again, you can unpause the production building.

Another thing:
As you saw upper, there is a coal power plant, but there is also other plant like that.
For the coal power plant, it will require 30 coal per income to continues to work. If the income of coal is lower than the total of coal power plant coal requirement, the player will loses coal, and when the player's stored coal drop to 0, all coal power plant will stop to work, and then, the electricity will drop. and then, if the amount of building require more electricity, they will stop to work. I know, it's complicated.^^

I think that's all.
so please help me^^
thanks^^
(if you dont understand what i said, please tell me to repeat)

More variables, more if/then/else-sentences and more fun. :)

Just an advice for your next post here on THW: Make it shorter than this one - It's waaaaaaaay too long. :)

Hope you can use some of it.

/BIB_BIB

Status
Not open for further replies.