• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with "Return gold"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi, I would like to ask you for help.
In my map I created oil patches as alternative gold resource. I have created oil patches as mines in the sea with oil tankers as workers with "harvest" ability and shipyards with "return gold" ability.
Everything works fine, but every time worker(tanker) leaves the mine(oil patch), he doeasn´t return gold to the shipyard, but heads toward town hall instead and when he reaches cliff, he just remains standing there.
When I´m near enough to shipyard and order him to "return gold", then he returns it to shipyard, but after another harvesting, he strats looking for Town Hall again.
I have tried to trick it with "requirement level" and "unit classification" but none of it worked.

Any help?

EDIT: Ok, I was playing with it and found out, that this problem occurs only with preplaced shipyards.
EDIT2:Fine, so I tricked it by replacing preplaced shipyards in the beginning of the map, but help will still be appreciated, cause I don´t want to use triggers all the time.

But I found new problem. My tankers will harvest from oil patch even without Platform being build on it. How can I prevent them from accessing but still be able to build platform on it.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Level 5
#1 Try to delete "Return Gold and Wood" from your Town Hall
(BTW. if you using oil as gold, so just replace ability "Return wood" with "Return gold & wood" and your ships will never again return oil to your Town Hall)

#2 Build Haunted Goldmine (CHANGE MODEL!) on Oil Platforms and give Harvest Gold (Undead) to your tankers.

Level 3
But if I use Undead Harvest Gold, it will make Tanker stay in the platform, no? He won´t patrol between shipyard and Platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.