• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WorgenHunter

Well - here is finaly released updated and heavily modified version of worgen hunter. I hope you like it. Its some kind of hermit hunter, killing bandits, undeads, cultist and he is a professional hunter (irony isnt it if he is a hunter?). Gilneas need heroes, rpg needs heroes and different classes. And i love worgens so i will create as much doodads,units,heroes as possible! Enjoooy! Give credit if you use.
Your Sellen!

Updated.
Again Updated - Legs fixed, Cavman hellped me! CREDIT ALSO TO HIM-- CAVMAN!

Keywords:
Worgen, Gilneas, Cataclysm, Brute, Hunter, Rpg, Alliance, Wolf, Assassin, Cultist killer, Worg, Beast, Tamer
Contents

WorgenHunter (Model)

WorgenHunter (Model)

Reviews
16:17, 15th Apr 2010 DonDustin: a fine model. The skull helmet is also a nice idea

M

16:17, 15th Apr 2010
DonDustin: a fine model. The skull helmet is also a nice idea

Level 16
The model it self is cool, but i would remove the armor from the legs and trey to do something with the breastplate. You should give him some kind of cloth or leather not mail armor.

Level 48
Pretty nice model-edit. However, it could use a bit more work. First of all, the skull on his left shoulder is sort of redundant, considering he already uses the exact same skull on his head. I recommend you to remove it. His bow and quiver look strange in combination with the cape - besides, they look too... Well crafted and sort of night elven, which looks sort of wrong on a Worgen. He never uses them either. I suggest you to remove them. They just add a ton of unnecessary polygons. The teamcolored square on his stomach looks quite strange, I suggest you replace it with simple leather armor like the rest of his armor. I like the different axes - the double-bladed axe looks nice. But they could use a new texture, the campaign-screen Rexxar texture is their original texture anyways, and it contrasts too much with the rest of the model. The model also lacks a proper portrait. The dire wolf death sound doesn't fits very well when you kill the model in-game, as it is too short. Some extra fur, for example overlapping his leg-bracers, would be nice as well.

Level 9
Well after looking at the Worgen Hunter more closely in both the Warcraft Editior and ingame have changed my opinnions somewhat.

Overall he looks better ingame then the picture showed, but I still dislike that giant rat skull helmet he has on, makes it hard to tell hes a worgen. Prehaps you could use the Farseer's wolf for the head and add in some fangs and ear pieceings to make him look a little more badass.

My only other complaint is that his feet look like hoves rather then Worgen feet, I would suggest adding claws to his feet to make them more Worgen like.

One thing I love that you got right and most others get wrong is how his legs are like the hind legs of a wolf, having four joints instead of the 3 humans have. His armor looks better close up but maybe you could added some more leather to it? I think the bandit's armor leather might look nice.

In light of seeing this model up close both in editior and in game I give it a 3.5/5 :thumbs_up:

If you can get rid of the skull and do something cool with his head its an easy 4.5/5. :grin:

Regards,

Jake

Last edited:
Level 13
I think it could look alot better without the armour, maybe with just cloth or leather?
But it still looks pretty sweet anyway ;)

Level 48
Jake Command Wolf said:
I don't mean to sound like a jerk but the head looks nothing like a Worgen, it looks more like an undead horned-wombat-beaver-mole rat creature, no offense... lol :grin:
It's a skull helmet. :/

Jake Command Wolf said:
Also as pointed out earlier he has a horde crest on his armor, which really doesn't make sense Worgen (will be) part of Alliance, not the horde.
No, he doesn't has a horde crest on his armor. That would be true for the model about 6 months ago, before he updated it and completely revamped it.

Jake Command Wolf said:
Overall he looks really stocky and lumbering, but that’s to be expected since it’s based of the Beastmaster/Rexxar model.
And why wouldn't he be? Worgen are based on werewolves. Considering their bestial nature and the fact they are based on wolves, I'd have expected them to be big and intimidating.

Jake Command Wolf said:
As it stands I give it a 1/5
What... The... Fuck?

Did you even download the model?

Last edited:
Level 9
It's a skull helmet. :/

I'm aware of that now but still it looks horrible, at least in my opinion. To me the most wolf like part of a Worgen is his or her face, and if their face doesn't look Worgen then the rest of him or her doesn't look Worgen either. :bored:

No, he doesn't have a horde crest on his armor. That would be true for the model about 6 months ago, before he updated it and completely revamped it.

Again an error on my part, but his armor still looks too horde like to me. Not sure why...

And why wouldn't he be? Worgen are based on werewolves. Considering their bestial nature and the fact they are based on wolves, I'd have expected them to be big and intimidating.

Werewolves are big and intimidating, this is true, but this guy looks too stocky to be a Werewolf. Werewolves are bigger than humans but are usually taller, more lithe and agile, not extremely muscular like this guy.

Regards,

Jake

Last edited:
I think the physical difference between him being a werewolf and him looking like too big for a werewolf depends on your perception... yeah, mostly werewolfs we see on games or tv are a bit small on width but it doesnt mean that they cannot be as large as this one...

plus he's not really a werewolf, he's a worgen which is just based on a werewolf so there would really be differences...

anyway, model looks better now but I really hope that you would release a no-weapon varaition... ^^

Level 4
2/5

EDIT

after been takin' a closer look, It's good but please remove the "skull" and you might could make it look a bit more "alliance" beacuse it just look hordie, atm. .. :3 otherwise it's a good start

Level 2
the head is way too small, the unwrap could be way better and overall there are too few things changed. I suggest you work on it more :\

and btw: why does it have an 'Horde' symbol on it's breastplate?

Head looks alright, tbh. Love your models PROXY, using them in a new kind of...series (meant to be a series anyway xD).

Level 4
The only way this could be any better imho, is to have a working animation that can allow him to take a wolf form...other than that...IZ AWESOME!!! :D