• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Worgen Rifleman

Hello friends;

as you can see it's a Worgen Rifleman

Credits go to @Cavman for the Worgen Footy template. (He wasn't online since Feb 22, 2016)

I decided to do this because the Worgen race is a bit similar in terms of units in my map.

The following is made by myself:
-Texture wrapping
-Animations:
-Stand - 1
-Stand - 3
-Stand Ready
-Attack

-----Notifying of Cavman-----
Notify Comment or
notifyingofcavman-png.271311

-----Update 20. Jun. 2017 (Minor)-----
-> Made the cape longer and not so wide.
-> Made the Weapon smaller in size.
-> Fixed the Issue with the Corpse.

--> Added ingame screenshot.

-----Update 03. Jul. 2017 (Minor)-----
-> Changed the Normals on the Cape.

-----Update 10. Jul. 2017 (Minor)-----
-> For some strange reason the bug wasn't fixed.
Changes made by @HappyCockroach:
-> Changed the averaged normals.
-> Rewrapped the Ttxture of the Cape to get rid of the ugly seam.

-----Author-Notes-----
---> You can make better a BTN/DISBTN if you want to.
---> Please set the Deathtime of the Model to 3.40. So it doesn't glitch.

If you use this model then give credits to me for this idea and Cavman for his Worgen Footy,
but don't distribute him and don't edit him without my permission!?!
(Cavman can edit him if he want's to)
Previews
Contents

BTNWorgenRifleman (Icon)

Worgen Rifleman (Model)

Reviews
HappyCockroach
The decay issue was fixed and the proportions improved a lot. Looks nice now. There's only 1 small mistake that probably came up when you edited the cape. The lower faces at the cape seem to have their normals flipped. From certain angles it ends up...
General Frank
Updates are applied and the model works fine in-game. Approved. Good job.
Level 11
That portrait angle and wink tho <3

Hey Mr. H, why are all your model screenshots so... to be desired? They make your models look so scrawny. Unrelated entirely to the actual model, I know, but first impressions are also big at least for shallow people like myself :p.

A bit hard to tell from a large distance if it's a 'Skeleton Rifleman' or a Worgen Rifleman (he looks a bit too skinny). Maybe because the rifle looks too heavy to his stick-limbs. To be approvable, a fix should be done:
  • In death, it glitches from one pose to another, and while it sinks in the ground, there is no corpse (The corpse only appears at decay bone). Check that. (The corpse should appear in the middle of the decay flesh animation, preferably unnoticeably)
If you fixed his proportions it would be nice too. His cape's internal texture looks kind of bad too. Consider replacing it. Awaiting update.

(And yes, the screenshot speaks very badly of your model. You could add an in-game view instead of that portrait pose with bent head)

Level 30
In death, it glitches from one pose to another, and while it sinks in the ground, there is no corpse (The corpse only appears at decay bone). Check that. (The corpse should appear in the middle of the decay flesh animation, preferably unnoticeably)

Okay. I tested it two times. The first time was with a death-time of 1 second there it has glitched. The Second time i set the death-time to 3.40 seconds there it didn't glitch.
But what i did notice both times was that the Corpse appeared after the Body has already sinked into the ground. I will see, if i can fix that.

Other than that: Could i kindly ask you to make a GIF of the Death Sequence ingame. So that i can see what the problem seems to be.

If you fixed his proportions it would be nice too. His cape's internal texture looks kind of bad too. Consider replacing it. Awaiting update.

The proportions are the same as cavmans model :vw_unimpressed:. How can that be wrong.

The capes internal texture is also the texture that is used in the human rifleman's cape, but i can see what can be done about that.

Last edited:
Okay. I tested it two times. The first time was with a death-time of 1 second there it has glitched. The Second time i set the death-time to 3.40 seconds there it didn't glitch.
But what i did notice both times was that the Corpse appeared after the Body has already sinked into the ground. I will see, if i can fix that.

Other than that: Could i kindly ask you to make a GIF of the Death Sequence ingame. So that i can see what the problem seems to be.
Oh, sorry about that. Indeed it works fine with 3.40 death time. There's only the late corpse appearance glitch then.
The proportions are the same as cavmans model :vw_unimpressed:. How can that be wrong.

The capes internal texture is also the texture that is used in the human rifleman's cape, but i can see what can be done about that.
Its anatomy might be fine. What looks wrong is the model as a whole. The rifleman's cape is meant for a dwarf - short and thick body. And the worgen's body is tall and slender. Maybe it would turn out better if you made the cape not so wide, and longer, thus more consonant to the Worgen's anatomy. And also the rifle is so bulky that it is at least 3 times thicker than the guy's arm. Make the rifle narrower too. And maybe a bit smaller, cos right now it is giant. (In WC3 proportions tend to be a bit shifted, but that rifle would make sense to a bulky dwarf handle, not a skinny wolf) Doing those changes it all might make more sense together in terms of proportion.

Btw, even if Cavman is inactive, do contact him. He might be notified somehow.

I changed the normals and now it looks like this:

If this is not the Case for anyone else then i personally don't know what the cause is.
Hmm... it's still faulty. I opened it in MdlVis to check, and averaging normals was enough to fix it. (Normals define direction of light. Whenever they aren't smoothed/averaged, a shading seam will appear in-game) While I was at it I re-wrapped to remove that ugly horizontal seam that appeared.

WorgenRifleman2 is with the normal issue fixed only. WorgenRifleman4 has the wrap tweaked.

Attachments

• WorgenRifleman2.mdx
    81.5 KB · Views: 177
  • WorgenRifleman4.mdx
    81.4 KB · Views: 175